Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Posted Image

which one's Delia?

Who knows !!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

post-1989-0-81236500-1402128612_thumb.jp

Morning. A beautiful one it is too! Currently 16.7c. Shame if we get pummeled later on.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Posted Imageaircam_pic.jpg

Morning. A beautiful one it is too! Currently 16.7c. Shame if we get pummeled later on.

Aye Blitzy, been lying oot in the sune here since 8.15am

Pure braw eh!  :D

Ah dinnae get the whole thing aboot people getting excited that there may be Thunder & Lightning.

For me this only means more fkn Rrrrain which is oor default withur type in these parts.  :nonono:  :cc_confused:

Noo ah get very excited at the prospects of cloudless Blue Skys & wall tae wall Sunshine with temperatures in the mid tae high 20's

That's whit ah call a rare withur event   :yahoo::clap::drinks:

Big ah like Sunshine but ah hate Rrrrrain Innes

• Like 2

Posted

Morning. Nice bright start here, temps mid teens.

Rain is forecast for evening, no lightning show forecast - yet.

Looking at the lightning further south in Eng/Wales, does seem to have dissipated for now, having been quite active earlier. Seems to be a further clump in SE Eng moving into E Anglia.

Posted

Warming up nicely, think I have seen some asperatus today which is a first !

• Like 2

Posted

You have indeed Lorenzo,I can see them here too! Sky getting dark to the south now, wonder if we can get an isolated storm ahead of the trough?

Im Just about to head to the 2014 storm capital capital of Scotland known as east Ayrshire so hoping for something later...

• Like 2

Posted

I think that is the perfect place to be Ross, cracking sight that Asperatus, had to double check and look it up online, thought my eyes were deceiving me, very rare in these parts. Delighted, top weather geekery to kick off the weekend !

This link is great fun for tracking sferics, turn on the volume and the station reports #starwars

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

• Like 1

Posted

It is getting darker but would expect it mostly to be rain probably going to be a pretty wet afternoon maybe a embedded rumble or so who knows

Posted

I'm looking forward to the "thundery rain" later (also known in these parts as "rain")

Ha hahahahha - dripping with sarcasm that one doc.

Looking very very dark to the South and West now.

Time to get drookit.

• Like 1

Posted

Here we go....

post-7292-0-30399800-1402144503_thumb.pn

Quack.

Posted

Rain in killie with some heavier bursts but nothing thundery.

Posted

Rain's really set in now. Think it going to be a miserable afternoon

Posted

Doesn't appear to be any lightning active anywhere in the UK, having just looked at a lightning plotting site. It might rejuvenate of course, but the electrical activity appears to have died out at the moment, leaving it just wet generally. Locally still dry here, a bit cloudier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Doesn't appear to be any lightning active anywhere in the UK, having just looked at a lightning plotting site. It might rejuvenate of course, but the electrical activity appears to have died out at the moment, leaving it just wet generally. Locally still dry here, a bit cloudier.

Aye Richard atleast the rain won't let you down though. :friends:

Big wet Innes 

Posted

A'noon folks.   Yuk! Heavy rain.  Talk about a day of two halves.  Didn't really think it was up for thunder and lightning here as it seemed far too fresh. Although, if we can get it with snow, I suppose that knocks that theory on the head! :rolleyes: A bit better tomorrow though I believe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I think that is the perfect place to be Ross, cracking sight that Asperatus, had to double check and look it up online, thought my eyes were deceiving me, very rare in these parts. Delighted, top weather geekery to kick off the weekend !

This link is great fun for tracking sferics, turn on the volume and the station reports #starwars

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Brilliant link, definitely a bookmark for that one.  No asperatus here unfortunately, nor any rain. Yet...

Posted

Been pouring down now for a good 4 and a half hours. Not the heaviest rain ever I would say but not very nice either

Posted

Pretty heavy all afternoon here. Looking at the radar, should clear me here (finally) in just under an hour I think.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

It's still raining down here too. Nothing like the other day though, I'm quite disappointed.

The latest ECM seems to have backed off a heatwave, although with higher pressure around it could still end up very nice indeed :)

Hi Catch, how's you?

I'm hanging on to the fact that an unsettled, coolish start to summer will materialise into something much more settled and warmer later on.  As long as it's good for the hols, that's the most important thing for me. Nothing worse if you wait all year and when the time comes it's an utter washout!

Posted

Was at a bit of a loose end this evening and had a browse through some threads. Came across the Regional Thread debate. God, I feel so guilty, as I hadn't logged in for quite a few weeks, which is unlike me.  Now I understand why the regionals are slightly different at the moment.

I see our resident   'Rent - a - Gub'  set the grievance ball rolling! :laugh: Just kidding HC..well done you. Honestly, if I had known, I would have given you support, no question about it.  I'm not going to add any more reasons for keeping them open 365 as they have all been covered.

Great to see that Paul took all of these reasons on board however and came up with a good compromise. Great team.

Doesn't help the bloody Scottish weather though does it! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Posted

A healthy rainfall during the second part of yesterday, Leuchars collected 19mm.

Lovely morning with good sunny spells and temps up to 19c by Midday but it has clouded over now.