Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Another nice day warm and sunny currently 18c. Making the most of the conditions drilling and sowing swedes today post-2744-0-24361100-1401552411_thumb.jp a bit late due to wet ground conditions in the last 10 days but should germinate fast in the damp warm ground and make up a bit of time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hellooooo........Been lovely here today. Reached a high of 19.3 and currently 17.6 with no wind. Summer's almost here then? (Just hope someone remembers to tell the weather!)

Erm...when did we merge with Northern England? Is it just a summer thing?

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Reached 20.5c here, with the sun so strong it was great. Shame the forecast is looking downhill...

Blitzen, it's only until the forum returns to a more active state ie autumn looking forward to next winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hellooooo........Been lovely here today. Reached a high of 19.3 and currently 17.6 with no wind. Summer's almost here then? (Just hope someone remembers to tell the weather!)

Erm...when did we merge with Northern England? Is it just a summer thing?

Hey how's it going? We annexed northern England a while back, bloodless takeover but a bit frort for a few days...

Been a nice few days up here too. Got this one from my favourite cluster of aspen 

and this one today from Stac Pollaidh

Next week looks crap though.

• Like 5

Posted

Hey how's it going? We annexed northern England a while back, bloodless takeover but a bit frort for a few days...

I'm good HC. You?

I wonder what will happen if there's a 'yes' vote in September? :help:  We may have to resort to 'Windy Wilson' :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted

I'm good HC. You?

I wonder what will happen if there's a 'yes' vote in September? :help:  We may have to resort to 'Windy Wilson' :laugh:

Yeah no bad. The family's all fed & fit so I can sleep ok (Cuckoos allowing). Whether we get yay or nay in Sept, we won't see an end to the matter for years. I just wish politicians would concentrate on more useful topics.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

What a gorgeous day - Safari Park with the kids - amazing clear skies either side of high level cloud in afternoon, humid throughout. Sultry summer weekend to welcome June.

ECM ugly as sin for next week last time I checked it was on a trolling mission with the trough action..!( 24 hrs later and it still is)

Jinx Chart...

post-7292-0-35384500-1401580759_thumb.gi

Not to worry - Nino banter aside had this GREAT omen this evening..... :) Say no more..... :)

post-7292-0-96975400-1401580866_thumb.jp

post-7292-0-32922900-1401580715_thumb.gi

• Like 1

Posted

Very pleasant morning with good spells of hazy sunshine. 19c in light SWly winds.

Posted

Rain's set in. Looks like it might last a while too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Largely sunny and 20.6'C, great weekend!

Posted

Thought I would be being chased by rain coming in from the west in order to finish sowing neeps .Went on till too dark/damp at 10.30 last night and started again at six this morning.Finished at lunchtime and noticed that the front had disintegrated on the radar. If the rain forcast for this week comes they"ll soon be through. Currently dull, very humid and 21c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

Ah well, good while it lasted. Been cloudier today and an almost but not quite 19.9c achieved. Temp and barometer on the way down now - 17.6c/1018mbs. Rain just started too. Roll on the hols!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

what a difference a day makes braw and sunny and quite warm yesterday managed to get out cut the grass do some weeding and enjoy the weather which is just as well cos today is pretty crap out there.

yeah LORENZO forecasts haven't been too inspiring lately as far as good dry sunny summer weather goes but hopefully we will manage to get second prize with some good beefy thundery showers and not just boring fronts sat over the top of us.

• Like 1

Posted

Gone from warm & dry to warm & damp & now warm & wet in the space of 2 days. You can blame me cos I had my hose out last night.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Gone from warm & dry to warm & damp & now warm & wet in the space of 2 days. You can blame me cos I had my hose out last night.

Steady on HC!Currently Hosing it down here as I typeHowever Friday afternoon / evening and A' day Saturday wiz jist the dugs eh!!!Big ah like a braw day Innes Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Some peak summer charts rocking about in FI now - interesting evolution up and coming on the models, way too far out to call with even beyond 20% certainty at present, but a developing trend for notable heat into week 3 of June. Could be special..

• Like 3

Posted

Managed 20.4c at Leuchars yesterday for the second >20c day of the year to date.

A different day today - mostly cloudy with some showers though still mild at 17c.

• Like 1

Posted

Been cloudy here with odd light showers nothing major though. Quite breezy too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Reached 20.2c today which is far better than expected, no rain so far either with sunny glimpses. Long may the pessimistic forecasts continue to be incorrect

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Nearly 21'C here today, humid, sunny spells and an occasional shower of rain for a few minutes. Bright now and close. 

• Like 2

Posted

E'ning. Not so nice here today, pretty dreich really with spits and spots on and off.  16.3c. Lorenzo....you tease! Hope it materialises though. Could do with a nice long warm spell. Seems like forever since we had one.

Posted

Humid sunny day with a torrential downpuor at 5.00pm Great growing weather neeps germinated in 3 days and crops growing very well. More rain this week and possible heat later an ideal combination. Almost a happy farmer!!!! Still 13c currently

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted

Humid sunny day with a torrential downpuor at 5.00pm Great growing weather neeps germinated in 3 days and crops growing very well. More rain this week and possible heat later an ideal combination. Almost a happy farmer!!!! Still 13c currently

C'mon NL, you've a reputation at stake!

Similar weather here, summer crops more advanced for start of June than for a few years. I'm going to risk planting out pumpkins soon which should jinx the heat. Insect damage is also more apparent this year.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Turned out a decent afternoon I got to say after the early morning rain/showers have cleared

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Today has been great! Mid teens and sunshine. Felt really nice.