Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Warmest day of year with first 20c of the season - which is a bit later than usual. Very muggy with hazy sunshine but the grey haze and glimpses of cumulus clouds indicates perhaps some more showery activity.

Posted

Short sharp intense thundery shower here. But won't last long

Posted

Sw Scotland looking very active at the moment, tempted to take a drive over...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Sw Scotland looking very active at the moment, tempted to take a drive over...

I'm a bit too far East :( Very humid day here, reached 21c but felt very warm after the lunchtime heavy shower. The last 5 days have been in the 18-20c range which is pretty good for this early in the season. Long may it continue...

Posted

That band in the SW moving in a north west direction. It won't hit is (well unlikely to) Reminds me of a day very similair to July 2009 (2nd I think) Clusters of storms blew to the west. (Was hot as hell here) You could see the huge clouds but over us actually stayed sunny virtually all day if I remember

Edited by NUT

Posted

Power has gone twice and there has been loud rumbles of thunder now. The next hour or so could be interesting but I suspect I'll miss out on the main action, somewhere like Stranraer maybe be better placed

Posted

Everyone on Facebook is talking about it, gutted to be missing out! Reports of flash flooding and power cuts in killie so far but not many pictures. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Seems everywhere but lochmaben having storms. Dumfries is just a distance of eight miles and thry are having a rare old time. If i didnt have to go to bed soon i'd be in that car and on my way to check it all out....ggrrrrrrr 

Posted

Seems everywhere but lochmaben having storms. Dumfries is just a distance of eight miles and thry are having a rare old time. If i didnt have to go to bed soon i'd be in that car and on my way to check it all out....ggrrrrrrr

Yep, had about 10 or so reasonable strikes with loud thunder (I live on the western outskirts of Dumfries) Not too much rain though. Has eased currently Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

Fabulous day here too warm sunshine, moderate south wind and currently 21c.   Crops are growing in front of your eyes! Cattle lying flat out in the sun.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Fabulous day here too warm sunshine, moderate south wind and currently 21c.   Crops are growing in front of your eyes! Cattle lying flat out in the sun.

Ah think that you must have the best climate in scotland up there NL!Cloudy Grey & cauld here at aboot 9 Deg CPure dross as usual.Big hopeful that this post will not be pulled,Innes

Posted

Ah think that you must have the best climate in scotland up there NL!Cloudy Grey & cauld here at aboot 9 Deg CPure dross as usual.Big hopeful that this post will not be pulled,Innes

Not all good news drought could still be an issue here if constant dry weather returns.Heard yesterday of a farmer who could not spray his crop as his well has run dry(not happened in his lifetime) after almost a year of below average rainfall in this area

Posted

Sun's eventually trying to break through a bit now. Wonder if that will add any oomph to the atmosphere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Still under the grey shroud here at the moment, very cool breeze today, chilly.

Selection of charts from different places highlight more potential again this afternoon for TS to kick off again. Fingers crossed for some more action today !

post-7292-0-61717100-1400592228_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-33524100-1400592232_thumb.jp

post-7292-0-69328600-1400592242_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-34079400-1400592223_thumb.pn

post-7292-0-32759300-1400592249_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-93890000-1400592244_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

Very warm today, up at 20c and feeling humid. Frequent spells of strong sunshine. Better than yesterday :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Very humid and warm. Gut feeling that today will be just as good here as yesterday!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

only had one decent rumble of thunder here yesterday don't think there was any lightning with it didn't see any anyway.

telly forecast didn't look too bad earlier with a line of thundery rain moving north but I would have hoped there would be more firing off down south by now on the move north but still some time to see if anything develops.

see the thread name has changed hope that's not with one eye on September :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Cells popping up more regularly now and going from drizzle to fiercely convective inside 15 minutes.. Interesting evening ahead.

post-7292-0-79138000-1400606831_thumb.pn

Click link http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en turn on stations and play sferic Star Wars