Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

At home today and it was 8 degrees, but we were out in the afternoon, north of Ashbourne for a few hours, the temp dropped, and it belted snow for about 10 mins… Was lovely to see! 

Back home now, and it's 5 degrees, but feeling raw in the wind.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Sleet and rain today, though I was in Cork most of the day for my graduation ceremony. Hopefully the chilly weather early next week remains in the models so I can some snowy hiking done.

Soon focus will be shifting toward conditions for the eclipse too!

• Like 3

Posted

Yes Ronan. Talk in the model thread of this being the most potent pm blast of the season. However they said the same for the last amber warning and it failed to deliver for a lot of areas while others done well. It's hard to know with pm blasts. Sometimes they're pointless at sea level and then in January many areas in the NW had well over 6 inches from a South westerly of pm origin. I'd like to see one more proper layer of snow this season. The Slushy dusting do nothing for me

Edited by -Bomber-
  • Like 4

Posted

What a miserable day rain torrential, hope we get one final decent snowfall Monday and Tuesday before Spring kicks in :)

• Like 3

Posted

Worst of the rain has now passed and I 'd say there's some flooding about, haven't seen so much surface water here in many months. Surprisingly, the snow line on the Galtees is already down around 300m, so there must already be a decent covering, with more to come over the next 3 days. The plan is to go for a hike up there on Wednesday, when the winds have eased but the cold is still about.

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely bright day here, bitterly cold though and I see snow clouds to the north already!!

Posted

Nice James. Yeah I believe that front was expected to stay off the south coast but pushed a lot further north. No one forecasted snow for this time down the country that's for sure. Beauty of the weather always surprises no matter what the forecast. Enjoy

Met office snow warning released. 2-6cm of snow possible for low levels this evening and overnight

• Like 4

Posted

Very quiet in here is everyone fed up with snow and just want spring weather?

• Like 2

Posted

Hasnt been a bad winter for snow at all here but better not rub it in, plenty of areas south and East have received very little!

• Like 4

Posted

some nice snow/graupel showers up on sl beagh this evening.place starting to turn white just before dark. should be some lower down by morning.

• Like 3

Posted

Showers are either dying out before they get here or the Galtees are stopping/deflecting them. No showers since about half 11 this morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Had a nice unexpected fall of snow (fairly wet snow it must be said) this morning.Snowed from late morning till early afternoon and left a covering on all surfaces for a while then thawed pretty quickly,just a few very small patches on the grass now remaining. It was the most snow i had seen falling all winter and it didnt hang around for long but it was a nice surprise.

• Like 3