Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I take your point Born lol, anyway still lots of snow lying around here, I hope this dry period doesn't lead to a wet spring and summer

We haven't been getting the low night temps many have experienced the last few days. Minimum today's is just -1.4C and it's currently 1.3C and completely overcast.

Seems to be the way recently, drought or deluge. We had a long dry summer, pretty wet Autumn and early Winter, now we're entering another dry period.

Posted

still have some snow lying round here and a few weary looking snowmen. it lasted a full week which is not bad. not liking the look out next few days forcast, dull, cloudy not as cold, hardly any frost and no chance of snow.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Hi Big Lad .. I was impressed with Monaghan's snow .. still have a good view of the snow atop Sl. Beagh .. hope to race up in the morning before it.s all gone . Still driving over the remains of a drift every day as I go see my dad . Never had over a cm of lying snow here .. yet probably had a 20 fall last month

• Like 1

Posted

No frost here this morning, currently 3.4C and cloudy.

Posted

Cloud just beginning to break. All very still and dull though.

Posted

Mostly blue skies again this afternoon. Turning into a nice day, though not quite mild enough to call it springlike.

Posted

Mostly blue skies again this afternoon. Turning into a nice day, though not quite mild enough to call it springlike.

Dreary grey skies and chilly here… Bloody depressing!

Posted

I knew there was a reason i wanted to live in Boston ! not only for the sports teams but to get even 1% of the snow they get each year would do me in this blinking country!! Unreal amounts adding up there! pretty dull boring cloudy winter weather here at mo. What a waste of a few weeks this is going to be unless you like dull dry weather of course!

Posted

I like useable weather .. and that's what we've got .. why not enjoy ?

Posted

I knew there was a reason i wanted to live in Boston ! not only for the sports teams but to get even 1% of the snow they get each year would do me in this blinking country!! Unreal amounts adding up there! pretty dull boring cloudy winter weather here at mo. What a waste of a few weeks this is going to be unless you like dull dry weather of course!

As much as I love the snow this weather comes a close second, far rather have it than any half hope of snow only for it to be raining and damp again. Definitely not a waste of a few weeks, I've been able to get out with the camera, up the Cavehill and down at the docks in Belfast, make the most it,I'm loving it.

• Like 2

Posted

Love this weather for the fact I'm able to do stuff. Went a walk up through Banagher Glen today and it was great. Small patches of snow still about. Hiking Benbradagh this coming Tuesday so looking forward to that! Still prefer the snow and hopefully winter will go.out this year with something snowy. Haven't even looked at the model thread so don't know if anything wintry is in store but fingers are crossed anyway.

• Like 3

Posted

Cold, frosty and very foggy this morning, currently 0.0C after a low of -0.7C. Off for a long walk soon, should be nice!

• Like 3

Posted

My beard was all ice after the walk! Actually seems like the fog is thickening again, after almost breaking just before 11. If it holds on for another while I could get my lowest maximum of the winter.

EDIT: Actually, it won't be the lowest max. Turns out it was 3.8C just after midnight. Ah well.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Misty and foggy here until this afternoon,cleared now but still dull and cloudy. Max temp 4.7c,currently 2.8c.

Posted

Dull and cool this morning, just 1.6C. Looks like the weather will break on Friday, just in time for my trip to Galway with the GF... typical!

• Like 1

Posted

I was burying my dad ..