Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

So Northern Ireland Weather has issued a yellow warning.

I'm so confused. I thought things weren't looking good for snow. Enjoyed today without any wetness, was a nice change. Hope it doesn't rain before/if any snow arrives. I'm not fully satisfied with this winter as of yet lol

• Like 3

Posted

With this on the charts for Monday night into Tuesday I thought there would have been a bit of interest in her tonight!!

Hopefully it comes true!!

post-21413-0-97701600-1422825380_thumb.j

Edited by Weegaz
  • Like 2

Posted

With this on the charts for Monday night into Tuesday I thought there would have been a bit of interest in her tonight!!

That's what I thought. Though in saying that people are probably struggling to believe it now lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Glad for all you guys and gals in the north of the country. You have had your fair share of snow showers for the last week and well deserved.

We here in Dublin have not have much to talk about, We need an easterly (not very likely) and then the rest of the country is jealous :)

• Like 2

Posted

Glad for all you guys and gals in the north of the country. You have had your fair share of snow showers for the last week and well deserved.

We here in Dublin have not have much to talk about, We need an easterly (not very likely) and then the rest of the country is jealous :)

Well hopefully the next couple of days you see something John.

After this week who knows what might happen. Still a couple of months left for something good!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

I hope so, but Met Eireann does not seem to support it (At least for the East coast). Hope they are wrong.

Edited by John Cox
  • Like 1

Posted

I wouldn't give up yet John Cox, I've been watching this event tomorrow night like a hawk, it's bit on the cold side to be a marginal event, and it's our best opportunity to get something of note from the last few weeks...

• Like 1

I would advise nobody to give. Yes it looks like northern parts may get some snow mon eve-into Tuesday this isn't set in stone in my eyes. I also believe that after a briefly milder section at end of next week ( less cold but still not mild) that the high May change position slightly leading to another northerly shot and possibly better this time. A long way off but it's certainly not without a chance in my eyes. So all is not lost.

Northerly possible some time next weekend that is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

bitter cold night out with laying snow, ice and frost. outside temp -1.2c. was -2.1c at 18:30hrs but has steadily risen due high cloud pushing in. a great wee cold spell though. reminds me of the eighties.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

Definitely is a great cold spell. Little bit of snow on the ground to. Few wee showers popping up on the radar to. Seem to just form out of nowhere. Would be nice to get another wee dusting tonight.

• Like 1

Posted

was up slieve beagh today and tremendous cover of powdery windblown snow. prob the guts of a foot deep with much bigger drifts. pleasure to be up there today.

• Like 3

Posted

Sounds great! I'm hoping to go a bit of a hike later in the week once the high pressure kicks in. Still watching this bit of precip to the north on the radar heading in the Derry direction. They look pretty beefy and slow moving. A dusting at the most probably.

post-1251-0-01690200-1422830542_thumb.pnpost-1251-0-35999800-1422830559_thumb.pn

Make the most of it ronan as I really don't think tomorrow eve-Tuesday morn will amount to much. I can't see the front really reaching us. Baffled by Northern Ireland warning of heavy snow in north and east of Northern Ireland. I honestly think it will fragment and peter out amounting to very little. To me northwest will get worst of it and east very little ! Of course I hope I'm wrong.

Posted

Lol suppose you can never have enough snow. This precip that's coming in.now is tracking east of me so hopefully the the bigger blob hits me bang on. Lol. Everything frozen solid out tonight!

Edited by ronan

Posted

Lol suppose you can never have enough snow. This precip that's coming in.now is tracking east of me so hopefully the the bigger blob hits me bang on. Lol. Everything frozen solid out tonight!

Awk booo! You've had enough :p  Send some to Antrim? 

Everything frozen here too, took dog out for a wee walk a few hours ago and she found a stick on the ground that she liked but it was frozen solid to the path, she was not impressed.

• Like 3

Posted

Can't sleep so up to make a cuppa and looked outside,  snowing heavy here in Antrim :)  got a good 2/3cm at the minute and really coming down :)  nice surprise 

• Like 3

Posted

Nice sugar coating this morning too.

The graphics behind Angie didn't make much of tonights snow. Looked fragmented and decaying. Best in the West.

That's exactly what I said I thought would happen and I said as much yest afternoon and last night. I thought this would be a non event. To be honest I'm not one bit surprised. I couldn't figure it out to be honest. Yes most will see a bit of snow but that's it I reckon and won't amount to much. But again I hope I'm wrong