Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Early yet but Tuesday looks interesting... TUESDAY ... Another interval of snow may become rather heavy for a while as a new shot of very cold air pushes in from the north. There is some chance of a polar low but with colder temperatures than we saw with last night's system. Temperatures may be as low as -8 C to -2 C for much of the day except reaching 2-5 C in west Munster and coastal Connacht. There is potential for about 10 cm of snow in parts of Ulster and Leinster, lesser amounts elsewhere.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

That's some micro climate you have be cause, it's bloody cold in Dungannon

there are times I would swop for something whiter :)

Posted

The met office warnings bomber have actualy been brought forward what i can see and  remmeber from yest.They didnt have it starting until 4pm onwards and it was not as far south yest as it is today either. So all to play for really. But no warning whatsoever yet for this low on tues that everybody has been talking about. Maybe too early 

Posted

Wintry showers today and then snow showers on Saturday and Sunday.

Monday into Tuesday continues to the show the disturbance pushing down from the North and this time it is all snow...

http://max.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20150130/06/93/prectypeuktopo.png

Things settling down after that with the Atlantic ridge pushing in. Cold frosty nights would follow.

The breakdown looks odds on to return by next weekend but Tamara still seems hopeful it may not happen.

The met office warnings bomber have actualy been brought forward what i can see and  remmeber from yest.They didnt have it starting until 4pm onwards and it was not as far south yest as it is today either. So all to play for really. But no warning whatsoever yet for this low on tues that everybody has been talking about. Maybe too early 

I would think the Met office will wait until another couple of runs to be certain of the track and the intensity of the snow before issuing the warning.

• Like 1

Posted

whats your feeling on accumulations MS for the weekend. MO seem quite bullish. Havnt checked models but read on one of the threads that the low was to far west to affect the UK . Obviously Ireland wasnt in their thinking if low is still near us. I would agree with Tamara. Nothing set in stone just yet  

Posted

Ah I see Neiller. I read the regional fc on their website and it said snow showers sat evening while the old warning had stated from midnight tonight. No mention of how much may fall. Hard to gauge what will happen

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

whats your feeling on accumulations MS for the weekend. MO seem quite bullish. Havnt checked models but read on one of the threads that the low was to far west to affect the UK . Obviously Ireland wasnt in their thinking if low is still near us. I would agree with Tamara. Nothing set in stone just yet  

Nothing special in terms of accumulations for the weekend Neiller, maybe 2cm at lower levels, 5-10cm over the hills. Impossible to say where the showers will be, but Northern and Eastern coasts favoured.

As for the big event on Monday/Tuesday i can only go by the latest 6z GFS which gives Ireland the a direct hit, however, with 4 days to go it can all still change at miss us completely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

There appears to be some great shower activity heading directly for us in a few hours looking at the radar.

• Like 1

Posted

Cheers MS. You may do ok out of this. Heres hoping a few troughs develop to give other people an opportunity but those in the north and east could do well out of the set up,

Posted

Well 2cm as a rule Bomber, if some favoured parts get caught under a streamer it could be more. The Fax Chart shows a trough over Eastern areas perhaps indicating increased convection.

PPVE89.png

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 2

Posted

Yes and their updated warning sounds good but no precise details as to how many cm to expect.

" Further snow showers will affect parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland on Sunday leading to some locally large accumulations"

"Frequent showers are likely to form in this airmass, primarily affecting northern parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland but also running along eastern and western coastal districts of England and Wales at times. With the cold air snow is likely to accumulate even to low levels wherever showers affect. Periods of enhanced snowfall are possible within this general flow, but details of these are very uncertain at this time. As such this Alert is likely to be updated and refined in the coming days."

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

Had some light snow this last ten mins or so although currently graupel at the minute. Temps dropping fairly quick as well.

Posted

Had some light snow this last ten mins or so although currently graupel at the minute. Temps dropping fairly quick as well.

Same over in Crumlin Watsy.  Some of the showers turning in over north eastern Scotland and not making it far enough south for us.

Posted

12z GFS still showing the heavy band of snow working South on Monday night into Tuesday. I would think 10-15cm from that, looks quite heavy stuff.

• Like 1

Posted

A few showers starting to come through here, temps have dropped like a stone, ice could be a problem in the morning

12z GFS still showing the heavy band of snow working South on Monday night into Tuesday. I would think 10-15cm from that, looks quite heavy stuff.

Is it looking good for all areas Mountain or just eastern areas??

Posted

Snow on Monday night looks widespread Pom. Any Easterly does not look like bringing snow to NI yet. We will be under high pressure. SE Ireland may be lucky.

• Like 1

Posted

Hate to admit this but I'm looking forward to the high pressure coming, for all the snow showers there are always 10 times as many rain/hail or sleet showers.

Back on script:- it would be even nicer if we all had some lying snow and ice days during it though!! :) :)

• Like 3