Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Is nobody expecting a bit of snow now over the weekend now. I thought the met office warnings looked good for then? Confused. Doesn't look like much more snow tonight. Shame Northern Ireland weather got in wrong by looks of it.

Looks that way :( Was snowing around 6.45is in Castlereagh hills when I rang my mum (I'm at work) .. was hoping to go home with more snow on top of what we had

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

At around 7pm i had a heavy snow shower which gave a light dusting. The latest shower im having now is rain/sleet with the temp going up a degree in the last hr,current temp 2.0c. Ah well same old story.

The next dangling carrot is early next week,lets hope that comes off!!

• Like 4

Posted

Why have u guys given up on Sat and Sun?

Looks too dry overall really.

Posted

Huge squall line passing through here now, probably a good thing this wasn't snow, I'd be snowed in!!! It's just bucketing down here in strong gusty winds. Temp rose from 1.8 about an hour ago to 3.9 now. There's the mild sector in this "polar low"

• Like 1

Posted

Snow showers for Northern Ulster this weekend. Suppose we'll see how far they push inland

There will be some around i reckon more so on saturday,dryer sunday.

Posted

Why have u guys given up on Sat and Sun?

Latest for NI from the met office sounds good on paper ha.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Turning much colder with snow showers, most frequent in the north, giving moderate falls in places, with drifting in the strong to gale force northerly winds.

Updated at: 2033 on Thu 29 Jan 2015

Posted

rain/sleet showers this evening here. fair bit of snow still on the ground from this morn. hope the temps drop back a bit and freeze whats left.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

That wind is quite something. Mainly slightly sleety rain showers here now with it. Sounds pretty cool out though.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

and down among the drumlins spring is back .. no frost,almost no snow .. and warmth from the sun ..

Posted

Hardly Spring Be cause, I'm in Belfast City Centre and the temp is only 2.5oC.

Looking on the Radar, there are some impressive showers massing to the West of the Northern Isles, will be interesting to see what happens if and when they reach here.