Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

Had two heavy snow showers this afternoon! Lasting about 10-15 mins each. Temp down to 1.4° in the showers. Wasn't expecting anything at all here today :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Overall atm the next week looks like a cold/very cold, dry and frosty week with pehaps some snow showers around up until midweek.

Posted

Yes perhaps snow showers but mostly dry. I really for the life of me cannot understand these metoffice warnings!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I know the gfs precip charts are not often the most accurate but fwiw the 18z run peps up the precip for tuesday morning.

post-6445-0-29286600-1422742923_thumb.gi

• Like 1

Posted

Noticed that myself.  Not looking to bad.  here's hoping it comes off. 

post-7789-0-88933000-1422743154_thumb.gipost-7789-0-15126400-1422743168_thumb.gi

Posted

few snow showers earlier left a bit of a covering here. still a fair bit of thursdays snow in back garden has froze solid. some nice snow showers showing on radar now but look like missing me to the west.

Posted

just had another light snow shower. for about 5 mins. left another few flakes!lol

Posted

By the looks of things nothing has really changed for Tuesdays snow. If we are still seeing this come the 12z today then it's game on And if the precip charts are to be believed then we should see a good 12 hours of snow. Here's hoping anyway.

• Like 3

Posted

Met eireann forecast completely changed again. Not much mention of snow. Met office mention rain or snow possible mon eve. Nobody really seems to have a clue at mo

• Like 1

Posted

Given that we have had a prolonged Northerly airstream is it disappointing that snow showers have been far less widespread than anticipated. Donegal however seems to have done very well.

The snow event on Monday night into Tuesday is still there, perhaps delivering 5-10cm and around rush hour too. This might be the last chance of snow for some time perhaps until next Winter as a large anti-cyclone sits over us and doesn't look like going anywhere fast. It should still be cold at night and perhaps feeling pleasant in any prolonged sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted

Ooooo, there a bold statement MS ref no more snow to next winter bar mon-tues! I can see were u are coming from but think we will have a few mer chances. At least if we do get a wee bit of snow on the ground mon-tues it might hang around a bit due to high pressure. However I'm not convinced at all ref mon-tues. And I continue to question these warnings by met office. Very strange in my eyes.

• Like 2

Posted

Neiller models have stuck to their guns ref Tuesdays snow the last 3 runs and 06z has prolonged the snow slightly. At 40 hours out I would say this is nailed but I certainly agree with MS in any this could be the last snow for quite a while!!

post-1251-0-92006600-1422793825_thumb.pnpost-1251-0-86359800-1422793859_thumb.pnpost-1251-0-46118900-1422793879_thumb.pnpost-1251-0-24940300-1422793901_thumb.pnpost-1251-0-04260800-1422793917_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

The way winter has gone so far I'll beleive them went I see the snow in the ground!!

It is looking good at the minute!!

A few small flurries blowing through here today!!

• Like 1

Hope your right but like weegaz I will believe it when I see it. Warnings last two days have been way off the mark for most. I see weds warning has gone. Yest they were talking about persistent snow pushing into Northern Ireland weds eve! Maybe it will come back maybe it won't. I'm just going to look out of window from now on. It's just as accurate at mo! Ha ha. Lovely day today mind you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

plenty of snow around in the shade here. a few snow showers overnight. gonna be a cold one tonight.

• Like 2