Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Light covering here 6km east of Cashel.

Mitchelstown, only 10km west of here, has several inches of snow and the schools have been closed! So close...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

.. no snow , no rain .. but it's blo*dy cold !

Another let down ronan I would a agree ronan but it never looked likely to me I'm afraid. The next bad news is if this high pressure hangs around for 2 weeks that's another two weeks of winter kissed by and we are then seriously running out of time. However this high if we are lucky could move as quick as it came. Though it's the long shot at the mo. Great if you likely settled cool winter sunshine. Awful if your looking for cold and lively weather.

Posted

A few small streamers starting to pep up out in the Irish sea as the wind goes to a N/NE direction. this is my best hope for wintery precip. Nothing forecast by MetE, but I'll be watching this closely...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A very severe frost here this morning,got down to -5.0c,coldest temp since dec 2010. Just gone above zero now for the first time in about 17hrs,0.1c.

• Like 3

Posted

All hope is not lost. Remember the spring blizzards a couple of years ago. That was epic amounts of snow. As much as I love the.cold and snow I'd kill for a weeks all inclusive holiday in the sun. Lol.

• Like 4

Posted

A few small streamers starting to pep up out in the Irish sea as the wind goes to a N/NE direction. this is my best hope for wintery precip. Nothing forecast by MetE, but I'll be watching this closely...

What was I thinking, of course they would miss Dubln and head for the SE coast… :-(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

What was I thinking, of course they would miss Dubln and head for the SE coast… :-(

If the wind went just slightly more east you never know perhaps a shower or two tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

If the wind went just slightly more east you never know perhaps a shower or two tonight.

Met Eireann quoting at 16:50 "with some passing hail, sleet and snow showers, with north and east facing coasts, most at risk of these."

There is still some chance :)

• Like 1

Posted

I got the lightest of dustings, while this was literally 10 minutes west from my place and at a similar elevation...

IU2nBem.jpg  DJ337N3.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Cloud building here it would seem, but the radar has the landfall of any showers 60-80 miles to my south, need a more easterly element to the flow!

Posted

Doubt I'll see this again this winter. Only a couple of weeks ago. Happy seeing one really good snowfall. It snowed for 24 hours with around a foot of snow then disappeared as quick as it came. Lol

post-1251-0-02027700-1423015343_thumb.jppost-1251-0-08308200-1423015292_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Doubt I'll see this again this winter. Only a couple of weeks ago. Happy seeing one really good snowfall. It snowed for 24 hours with around a foot of snow then disappeared as quick as it came. Lol

attachicon.gifDSC_0863.JPGattachicon.gifDSC_0868.JPG

Good pictures Ronan. I have a sneaky feeling you will see scenes like that again before the winter is out. Winter not done with us yet in spite off what models show currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

perfect weather for a great job .. dropping problem branches off trees @ the farm .. next years supplies of fuel grow and grow . Enjoy the glorious sunshine :)

Posted

Dropped to -4.8 last night, now 1.5 in glorious winter sunshine, cold and crisp. Lovely!

PS, as you guessed, not a flake last night!

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful day so far, clear skies, min of -2.4C and current temp of 1.5C.

Had a nice walk early this morning as the frost started to clear.

V3nQNj8.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

beautiful sunny day here after what was a very cold and frosty morning. haven't a clue what temp it was overnight as my weather sensor is on the hop, but I can tell ye it was well below freezing point. good weather to get out ang a do things, going for a good walk later. :smile:

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful clear skies all day. I'd hoped to get a video of an iridium flare passing overhead, but that didn't work out, so a photo of Venus (and a very faint Mars just above) will have to do instead.

773PuUG.jpg?3

Hi-res version is here (looks much better) http://i.imgur.com/GO7xaBy.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Beautiful clear skies all day. I'd hoped to get a video of an iridium flare passing overhead, but that didn't work out, so a photo of Venus (and a very faint Mars just above) will have to do instead.

773PuUG.jpg?3

Hi-res version is here (looks much better) http://i.imgur.com/GO7xaBy.jpg

spectacular skies tonight void, amazing if your into star gazing, look out for jupiter just above the moon. awesome. venus and mars are within an 8 degree orb conjunction in pisces, that's why they are so close together. the moon and jupiter are in leo, the full moon made a conjunction to jupiter earlier today and is now heading into the constellation of virgo. amazing to have the chance to view these conjunctions, especially in our wee cloudy country. :smile:

Edited by stormforce 10
  • Like 5

Posted

Peanuts and wine don't mix, that is all

Especially when you have a nut allergy...

• Like 1