Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

a few big loose flakes coming down now here in W/Lim North Kerry, we're 600m up the side of a hill facing north - hoping for a pasting so I get stuck in tomorrow - what are me chances???

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

a few big loose flakes coming down now here in W/Lim North Kerry, we're 600m up the side of a hill facing north - hoping for a pasting so I get stuck in tomorrow - what are me chances???

Close to sea level it will probably be rain, but at 600m I'd say your chances are pretty good, especially later tonight and into tomorrow morning.

Have you got much snow so far this winter?

• Like 1

Posted

Strange, the Met Eireann 3 hour forecast shows no precip over most of Ireland, yet the current radar shows plenty falling now in the south west and west. Something is amiss...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A very chilly crisp frosty night here temp already down to -2.0c (max today was 3.6c). If im not going to get snow i hope it stays clear here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

Precip already further east than predicted.

Current Radar

zIfEDRa.png

Do you see the way the showers have been forming north of Waterford city? Its been like that all week its as if its coming from nowhere, even when the showers have died down elsewhere its been there. There must be a couple of feet of snow there by now! Lol :)
  • Like 1

Posted

Do you see the way the showers have been forming north of Waterford city? Its been like that all week its as if its coming from nowhere, even when the showers have died down elsewhere its been there. There must be a couple of feet of snow there by now! Lol :)

I need to put together something that will interfere with the radar system and give me some persistent snow too!

• Like 1

Posted

I need to put together something that will interfere with the radar system and give me some persistent snow too!

I had a feeling it might have error :)

Posted

Radar shows precipitation getting very close to Derry and seems to be intensifying, surely it'll make it across to here  :cc_confused:

Posted

GFS now now no precip over South Tipp at all tonight, a complete reversal from this morning... what a tease

Am still confused though. Is this the main precip coming from north west or is it gonna drop down from NW Scotland.

Hi ronan. It's an occluded front that is moving in a NW direction basically running from Scotland the whole way down the side of ireland sort of speak. A wide variety of weather can be found along an occlude front hence the poss of rain sleet or snow. Unfortunately some isolated occluded fronts do form once the actual low pressure has decayed and these generally create cloudy conditions with patchy precipitation or showers. So in a nutshell the met office basically thought the low pressure would remain intact over Ireland but it basically decayed leaving several small occluded fronts which are olnly now hitting certain areas hence the complete backtracks in forecasts. It's basically turned out like I thought it would when I said on sat eve I didn't think this would amount to much for mist bar anyone near the west NW. But I hope u get lucky

Posted

East Coast and Dublin snow shield in full effect, bone dry here all night in the City centre!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

-5 here on way home from work at 7am, everything is white with frost.... its freezing cold

• Like 2

Aye. Like I said on sat I didn't have much confidence in snow for last night. Unfortunately it came true. Another great snow warning from met office came to nout! Now the chase begins again but looking at models this morn the high is going to be hard to shift but it will move eventually.

Posted

A very light dusting here and snowing lightly, -0.7C

G1hfxEQl.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Had a snow shower about half an hour ago and it's left the lightest dusting of snow. That was about it for here! Lowest temperature overnight was -4, its 0 now.