Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Well, a chosen few may get some snow tonight and after that it is borefest with high pressure dominating. I doubt we'll reach P130 by the end of the month.

Agree MS. Complete borefest for as long as the eye can see. My worst type of winter weather. Yes it's nice for doing stuff outside but boring none the less. I would have much preferred wet and storms instead of the tripe tahrs coming up next couple of weeks. Our only hope is the charts flip drastically but looks unlikely now. High pressure great in summer but boy now! Still not convinced many will get that much snow either. Just far NW I reckon. And I certainly wouldn't read to much into met office warnings. ! I certainly won't be after there disaster last 3-4 days

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I dont really mind hp during winter if its a nice clear one with sub zero temps at night and cold days,i would rather that then mild zonal stuff. On the other hand of course as regards snow now that time is ticking on this winter that hp will eat up more precious time so ideally if we get hp during winter id rather get it earlier in the winter.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 2

Def better than mild ronan ! I give u that. Though I do like a good storm. Anyway let's be positive and hope some get a bit of snow tonight followed by a high for a few days(no longer) and for the models to pick up on a proper cold onslaught in the days to come ! And the way the models have been I would say its a fair possibility.

• Like 1

Posted

No such joy weegaz. It's actually further west and doesn't look as heavy in northwest now either. Only way to know later is look out the window. Time to look for the next cold spell and hope this high changes position to help. God you would think this winter we could get some break for proper cold weather. Not this marginal crap!

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

Computer says no Weegaz.

Snow held roughly West of a line Derry-Galway-Limerick-Cork. Maybe some decent falls overnight then fading quickly. See you all in ten days or so if something more exciting turns up.

Posted

Computer says no Weegaz.

Snow held roughly West of a line Derry-Galway-Limerick-Cork. Maybe some decent falls overnight then fading quickly. See you all in ten days or so if something more exciting turns up.

Keep the faith MS. It will change before 10 days.

Posted
So the western third of Ulster should still fair alright? Bad connection atm cant check charts[/quote

At the mo Bomber u may be ok but if it shifts any more west it's going to close. If u do get snow it doesn't look as heavy as last run.

• Like 1

Posted

Ah come on over to the east big snow cloud!! I'll welcome yeeee ... :( Need some snow fix for this year! Had one snow day and it was all gone by that evening - come on!! lol

Posted
Ah come on over to the east big snow cloud!! I'll welcome yeeee ... :( Need some snow fix for this year! Had one snow day and it was all gone by that evening - come on!! lol[/quote

Dont think this will be our last shot to be honest. In fact I think things will change quicker than people think. Cannot see this high dominating for next 10 days or so. Keep the faith guys.

• Like 1

Posted
Ah come on over to the east big snow cloud!! I'll welcome yeeee ... :( Need some snow fix for this year! Had one snow day and it was all gone by that evening - come on!! lol[/quote

Dont think this will be our last shot to be honest. In fact I think things will change quicker than people think. Cannot see this high dominating for next 10 days or so. Keep the faith guys.

I love your optimism! I'm holding out hope .... Can't say I understand models etc but I do love the weather and I learn from you guys and the information you guys feed through... keep it coming! I check in here constantly to see what you guys are saying about the models ... the models thread is too confusing for me ... 

Love the wee community in here .. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Looks like the only chance the east has with snow atm is maybe the odd snow shower drifting onto the east coast later tonight and into tommorrow as the winds will veer to a more ne direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Precip already further east than predicted.

Current Radar

zIfEDRa.png

NetWx SR Prediction for 7pm

pVj6BNx.png

• Like 1

Posted

beautiful clear cold day today. plenty of snow about still. temp was -1.5c at 6pm so should be serious cold if it stays clear long. not expecting any snow here tonight but looking forward to some nice frosty nights this week.

• Like 2