Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Yeah west looks def best but rubbish for east again. But like this much of winter. I expect met office to completely change warning if not remove it for east. I just don't get we're they all saw this front making much headway across the country. To me it was never going to happen. Ah well there is always another day.

You may do ok pomeroysnow tonight but can't see it making that much headway east to be honest. Give me cold zonality any day over this. Everybody has a much better chance. With high pressure so near by it's the scrudge of ruining many a decent snowfall. Bands just don't make it over whole country. But it's great the west are doing so well this winter. Been pretty rubbish one again for the east bar a couple of days.

Nah won't happen for east pomeroysnow snow. Maybe a light dusting. It's what I expected and thought would happen but a miracle may happen over here in the east. Least high pressure coming in and getting slightly warmer as I can start playing golf again. To be honest I'm getting on the verge of having enough of this pretty snowless winter in the east and am actually verging on the brink of looking forward to spring! Been very poor again this year over here.

Posted

Nah won't happen for east pomeroysnow snow. Maybe a light dusting. It's what I expected and thought would happen but a miracle may happen over here in the east. Least high pressure coming in and getting slightly warmer as I can start playing golf again. To be honest I'm getting on the verge of having enough of this pretty snowless winter in the east and am actually verging on the brink of looking forward to spring! Been very poor again this year over here.

Have to agree Neiller, doesn't look good for the east.  Decays before it even reaches lough neagh going by the charts.

Lets no get to downbeat about it yet, strange things have happened with our weather over the last few weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Looks like the far south west is enjoying some snow this morning!

yq79JKX.png

• Like 2

I know weegaz. That's the way the cookie crumbles. I won't worry too much about it. My gripe generally is the way the met office have been firing out met warnings like confetti at a wedding! And to me it's been ridiculous. Even to a novice like me Iv been saying since fri I didn't there would be much snow with this set up! Even for this evening I said days ago I had little confidence in it happening. Along with many others. Yet here they are firing out snow warnings literally every day since fri -weds at one stage and this morn is really the first tiny skiff Iv had! And the most many have probably had. Yes it's snowed but snow warnings likely to cause disruption! I mean come on. Yes I understand they have a duty to warn people but my god they have got it so wrong last 3-4 days! And I'm not the only one with this opinion. Many others on the different regional threads are saying same thing. Of course if they predict rain it's normally 100% accurate ! Ha ha.

• Like 1

Posted

Well that big lump of precip started snowing on the radar late last night. Took to about 3 this morning to hit here and it's been snowing ever since. Lightly but definitely nice to see. Maybe a couple of cms here. It's the slowest moving precip I've ever seen. Lol

• Like 3

Thank god! Met office have amended warnings reduced chance of snow for most and even mentioned some rain for low lying areas as well!! Music to my ears as it only means one thing! Blizzards and a foot of snow on the way for all!

Good man ronan. Glad your having a good winter. Make most of it as a big dirty High bout to dominate for ages by look of it. Golf here I come. Happy days. Long may it continue.

• Like 2

Posted

This is almost hillarious… Look at how the precipitation dries up as it hits the Dublin border… What a crap winter we've had compared to the rest of the country!

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Like 1

Posted

Still looking like the best opportunity of the winter for me, could have close to 12 hours of snow starting around midnight tonight :D

1X5psMi.png  jkvTBJg.png xYHN0dD.png

UYq8lZQ.png 78fRmDR.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

back from Galway .. I was surprised to see the roads had been cleared by plough just a couple of miles away .. the roads here were never even white ! Rain on lower ground tonight .. sounds like me again . The only weather warning I have needed this winter is not to get my hopes up :)

• Like 1

Posted

This is almost hillarious… Look at how the precipitation dries up as it hits the Dublin border… What a crap winter we've had compared to the rest of the country!

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Ah I hate that.  I lived in Swords a few years ago and I remember getting excited and watching the radar for ages only for the snow showers to split and actually go either side of where I was leaving me dry but a few miles either side had snow.  Grr

Posted

Will prob change BFTB. Only 8 hrs ago east of ulster was to get large accumulations. No we ain't due more than to! Charts and forecasters awfully poor at mo. But hope you do get lucky!

That's 2cms that is. Hate this predictive text.

Aye, 'twill probably change. But I'd still be happy with just a few centimetres that largely melts later in the day, anything more would be wonderful!

Posted

Still looking like the best opportunity of the winter for me, could have close to 12 hours of snow starting around midnight tonight :D

1X5psMi.pngjkvTBJg.pngxYHN0dD.png

UYq8lZQ.png78fRmDR.png

Looking forward to this now!

Neiller actually looking forward to a bit of high pressure as I've loads of work to do around the new house and want to do a bit of hiking inthe hills where there will be plenty of snow.

Edited by ronan
  • Like 3

Njoy ronan. Looks good for you. Make the most of it because it appears in this country its in swings and roundabouts on who gets snow. The east got clobbered a couple oh years ago while u unfortunately suffered and this year it's the easts turn to miss out on the majority of it while the west and NW gets clobbered. We never ever seem to njoy this all as one! Maybe out of the blue the generally snow starved east will get a full blown easterly orca proper northerly! Not this rubbish

Posted

In our small country 20-30 miles shift east or west makes big differences.

With a 30 mile eastward shift of 6am chart tomorrow would see the whole country get in on the action.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

This 'cold spell' so far as regards my location i would describe as "meh "with a capital m. Christ even last night there was too much high cloud about not allowing the temps to fall too low,got down to -1.5c around half 9 and then the cloud rolled in, i just shook my head in dispair. If i cant get snow i hope to at least get a few severe frosts. With no northern blocking these cold spells can only deliver so much,they are just not the real deal really.