Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Snow in Belfast City Centre, not sticking though.

From now until Saturday morning, any precipitation at low levels will probably not lay and be sleety/rain. Once you get above 100mts it should be snow and certainly above 200mts will be.

Amazing to think the air is actually getting slightly warmer from the North!

• Like 2

Posted

Snow in Belfast City Centre, not sticking though.

From now until Saturday morning, any precipitation at low levels will probably not lay and be sleety/rain. Once you get above 100mts it should be snow and certainly above 200mts will be.

Amazing to think the air is actually getting slightly warmer from the North!

And whats your thoughts on Saturday moring onwards?

Posted

Latest Beeb forecast didn't even give it a mention! I'm more interested in Monday into Tuesday!

post-1251-0-20537500-1422542849_thumb.jp

Edited by ronan

Posted

Latest Beeb forecast didn't even give it a mention! I'm more interested in Monday into Tuesday!

attachicon.gif10933860_785918634821803_3993806008678866382_n.jpg

Definitely look interesting Ronan.

I think tomorrow still looks marginal for snow affecting some lower level areas.

Posted

Definitely look interesting Ronan.

I think tomorrow still looks marginal for snow affecting some lower level areas.

Aye Gaz i don't think we will see much until the northerly kicks in. Just had a heavy shower here and more incoming on the horizon. Not expecting any more lying snow until at least Saturday although some spots may see more with a little elevation.

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully colder uppers at weekend or else it will be same again usual suspects ie Pom heavy snow rest sleet/snow esp within 15 miles or so from north coast.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A nice heavy hail shower just passed, giving a covering of a cm or 2. Look nice for a while, I could almost pretend it was snow...

• Like 2

Posted

Snow showers, but more around the coasts (wishbone effect), then as mentioned above the chance of something extremely exciting with widespread persistant heavy snow into Monday/Tuesday!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Whats the story with that feature off the nw coast of scotland atm? A polar low moving south?

http://www.sat24.com/

Edited by sundog
  • Like 3

Posted

Whats the story with that feature off the nw coast of scotland atm? A polar low moving south?

http://www.sat24.com/

Just a normal low pressure system Sundog. Polar lows have a cold core and are very rare. This system has a warm core and unfortunately is the reason for the higher upper air temperatures tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Just a normal low pressure system Sundog. Polar lows have a cold core and are very rare. This system has a warm core and unfortunately is the reason for the higher upper air temperatures tomorrow.

oh well kinda thought it was too good to be true. Maybe i will get a few flakes out of it before it turns to rain if the milder air is coming in behind it.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted

oh well kinda thought it was too good to be true. Maybe i will get a few flakes out of it before it turns to rain if the milder air is coming in behind it.

Actually the colder air is behind it, the slightly warmer air is embedded in it and slightly ahead of the system. As this system pulls away to the East during Friday, the colder uppers come back in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Heaviest snow shower I've seen this winter, made all the more impressive by the wind. Just had to go stand out in it, like a weirdo :laugh:

• Like 6

Posted

Well i can confirm my friend who works in airport operations at Aldergrove have just in the last 10mins received a snow warning for an "organised band of snow" to move in this evening . 2-5 cms of fresh snow expected. Further sleet and snow showers to follow overnight.  So there may be some weight to this polar low!

• Like 2

Posted

Well i can confirm my friend who works in airport operations at Aldergrove have just in the last 10mins received a snow warning for an "organised band of snow" to move in this evening . 2-5 cms of fresh snow expected. Further sleet and snow showers to follow overnight.  So there may be some weight to this polar low!

It's not a polar low. A polar low would drop a hell of a lot more than 2-5cm.

Looking forward to tonight again.

Posted

Apologies, just saw the Polar Low thread and apparently it is one!!

Expected to track SW Scotland into NW England so could bring NE Ireland into play.

Exciting stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Snowing heavy in Dublin. Only sticking on grass.