Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Checking Met.ie website the predictable in "much of the country" for tonight or for tomorrow "in many parts" of the country in the forecast. how they get away with the general forecast? No competition and no one measures their performance. I know they have the tools to give a more accurate local forcast, or attempt one, but they don't. A lot in my experience depends on who writes the forecast, I reckon there must be a team as sometimes it's far more informative for a given type of weather than others, I'm not comparing apples and oranges.

Anyway if I lived in Kerry or Donegal what use is "A cold start for much of the country on Thursday with more wintry showers in many areas" - then they go on to mention the wind at great length, just a filler as it's always windy.

Rant over :oops:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Met.ie continually have crap forecasts online, bit of a joke from a publicly funded body.

Posted

couple of heavy showers there with proper big flakes. fair covering now and stars out so hopelfully will freeze up.

Posted

Checking Met.ie website the predictable in "much of the country" for tonight or for tomorrow "in many parts" of the country in the forecast. how they get away with the general forecast? No competition and no one measures their performance. I know they have the tools to give a more accurate local forcast, or attempt one, but they don't. A lot in my experience depends on who writes the forecast, I reckon there must be a team as sometimes it's far more informative for a given type of weather than others, I'm not comparing apples and oranges.

Anyway if I lived in Kerry or Donegal what use is "A cold start for much of the country on Thursday with more wintry showers in many areas" - then they go on to mention the wind at great length, just a filler as it's always windy.

Rant over :oops:

Met.ie continually have crap forecasts online, bit of a joke from a publicly funded body.

What else do you expect? This is an evolving situation and impossible to nail down to local stuff. There will be periods of heavier showers country wide more common in the NW, where there will be some larger accumulations and it will be very cold tomorrow in the strong wind.

You're knowledge of meteorology is poor if you're slating Met Eireann in this set up. This is a perfect forecast for this set up.

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

you up in Altmore Be cause?

sorry Pom .. I meant Galbally not Cappagh :) .. last time I was up to Altmore was to retrieve my then girlfriend's stolen car .. police don't attend to such things in the area :) :)

• Like 1

Posted

I'd swap all of my 7 minutes of sleet shower for either of your snow or thunder :-)

Posted

have a couple of cms here now. road and pavements are a slushy mess. need the sky to clear for a while to get temps down to freezing and stop any thaw.

• Like 2

Posted

What else do you expect? This is an evolving situation and impossible to nail down to local stuff. There will be periods of heavier showers country wide more common in the NW, where there will be some larger accumulations and it will be very cold tomorrow in the strong wind.

You're knowledge of meteorology is poor if you're slating Met Eireann in this set up. This is a perfect forecast for this set up.

LOL, look I understand that. I don't think it's rationale to judge our knowledge based on our views of the bland non descriptive or committed forecasts from met.ie. All the charts show no snow in the far south, why not say that clearly, whats with "Much of the country"? Don't you see the irony in the fact you've been more descriptive in your "forecast" than met.ie have in theirs. I find the website written forecast generally very poor, including today.