Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Really can't do justice to the blizzards via camera. You can see the snow being lifted off the ground already. At least an inch an a half snow lying in last 45 mins.

Bara Best may be feeling a bit sheepish this evening! Haha

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Really can't do justice to the blizzards via camera. You can see the snow being lifted off the ground already. At least an inch an a half snow lying in last 45 mins.

Bara Best may be feeling a bit sheepish this evening! Haha

Those snow showers are absolutely packing into N.I! I reckon some places in N.I will have 3-4 inches by morning. In fact i'd say 3-4 inches at the very least!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

More sleet here, hopefully it will turn more to snow as it gets dark.

Posted

Showers seem to be dying off a bit on radar. Going by Meto forecast for my area then it will be after midnight before the heavy stuff sets in. Heavy stuff at the minute seems to be splitting north or south of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

1st snow shower of the day (and winter) here in Dublin

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Just woke up to a nice covering, everything is white and it's still snowing although its very wet snow but it is pretty to look at!

• Like 1

Posted

Very localised so far. Left dungannon and the roads were white got to ballygawley and hardly a thing. Ground is very wet. Think its going to be a slushy mess like the last one.

• Like 1

Posted

And things are only really getting started MS!! My last post should have said blizzard conditions. Lol. Wouldn't really call it a blizzard. Can only imagine what higher level roots will be like.Also just checked the Meto automated forecast and its just updated giving heavy snow from 12 tonight till 11am. Nice!

Edited by ronan
  • Like 3

Posted

I'm in north louth. Must have had 10 heavy snow showers today, with one in progress now but it hasn't stuck yet. Don't forget folks netweather radar with weather type turned on lets you see the snow showers, or sleet etc.

I might have to wait til near midnight for the ground temp to be cold enough to get the snow to lay, but we shall see. Have to drive to Dublin tomorrow so I am very interested.

• Like 1

Posted

Big downgrade tonight for the South, with 850s of higher than -5C creeping up over southern counties. Could well see a continuation of the sleet showers rather than a transition to snow...

Posted

Big downgrade tonight for the South, with 850s of higher than -5C creeping up over southern counties. Could well see a continuation of the sleet showers rather than a transition to snow...

Based on the ECM? don't see it on the 12z GFS.

Posted

a few heavy showers here today but only lying temporary. more organized showers this evening of hail/snow has left slushy deposits. need temps to drop half a degree or so for it to lay proper.

• Like 1

Posted

Based on the ECM? don't see it on the 12z GFS.

The 12z GFS. Looks like the milder 850s make their way in from the south coast during the night, with 850s higher than -5C well in across much of Munster by 6am tomorrow. Dublin should be grand though.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Great day for a funeral .. service at 500 ft .. Cappagh ..just down the road from Pomeroy .. then to Donaghmore for burial . Terrific snow shower and wind during the service .. and sun shine at the grave . Home thru a blizzard .. and my world keeps turning green again .

• Like 1

Posted

post-6785-0-00053400-1422474266_thumb.jp

I'm in north louth. Must have had 10 heavy snow showers today, with one in progress now but it hasn't stuck yet. Don't forget folks netweather radar with weather type turned on lets you see the snow showers, or sleet etc.

I might have to wait til near midnight for the ground temp to be cold enough to get the snow to lay, but we shall see. Have to drive to Dublin tomorrow so I am very interested.

Well last shower settled on cars, bins and grass etc. so it's going the right way. Plenty still on the radar over the next hour for my neck of the woods. There is a gap in mid Ulster, but I can see more coming into Donegal so should keep coming for a while yet. Need to check the fax charts but the 18:00hr IR Sat below shows plenty more showers on the way

Posted

Great day for a funeral .. service at 500 ft .. Cappagh ..just down the road from Pomeroy .. then to Donaghmore for burial . Terrific snow shower and wind during the service .. and sun shine at the grave . Home thru a blizzard .. and my world keeps turning green again .

you up in Altmore Be cause?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looking at the radar and the showers appear to be coming in more from a NW to SE direction compared to earlier when there was more of a W to E movement. Small respite at the minute but no doubt it will pick up again shortly!