Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 14th May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just east of Dolgellau has been pounded now by very intense rain for the last hour looking at the radar. Must be some flash flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Wasnt particularly expecting this but we have gone from nice warm and quite sunny ...to heavy rain,lightning and awesome claps of thunder for the last half hour.... 20 miles nw of Glasgow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Aim low and then you will not be too disappointed....Works for me......

None for you Jane. You have had your fair share... Get back in the NSC as the bar appears to be closed and I am waiting for a beer.....Pleeeeease :pardon:

Go help yourself to a beer Paul, I'm outta there now lol :wink: Only one storm this year after 8 long years without... Those storms better come up here lol :bomb:  :D  :wink:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Is it me or are the storms steering away from the Isle of Man? 

post-17320-0-89909300-1400511718_thumb.p

Met Office suggesting the thunderstorms across Wales will continue overnight and spread NE, so hopefully areas that have missed out so far will join in on the action

This Evening and Tonight:

Heavy showers and the risk of thunder will continue across many southwestern parts of Wales through the evening and overnight. These will spread northeastwards, to most parts by dawn. Minimum Temperature 12 °C. 

Tuesday:Cloudier than of late, with periods of heavy showers and the risk of thunder. Turning drier for most through the late afternoon. Maximum Temperature 19 °C.

UK forecast

This Evening and Tonight:Further scattered, perhaps thundery showers are expected during the evening, mainly across western parts of the UK, continuing through the night in the southwest. It will be largely fine and mild elsewhere.

Tuesday:Thundery showers most probable across parts of Wales, central and northern England, then southern Scotland later. Warm sunny spells in-between, but feeling chilly near northeastern coasts under low cloud.

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

http://www.sat24.com/en/fr

Is that something forming in the NE of France!?

Latest UKMO precip forecast chart suggesting something coming in from the SE this evening - so fingers crossed :D

Usually a very good direction too as the channel there is at its narrowest (having said that to my knowledge most of any evening activity is likely to be elevated so channel effect shouldnt be too problematic)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Latest UKMO precip forecast chart suggesting something coming in from the SE this evening - so fingers crossed :D

Usually a very good direction too as the channel there is at its narrowest (having said that to my knowledge most of any evening activity is likely to be elevated so channel effect shouldnt be too problematic)

Indeed if they are elevated they won't be effected, storms really starting to get going now on the south coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

A strike just near Beaminster, hopefully that little cell can insensify!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Wasnt particularly expecting this but we have gone from nice warm and quite sunny ...to heavy rain,lightning and awesome claps of thunder for the last half hour.... 20 miles nw of Glasgow

Good stuff, enjoy :) I can see the dark skies towards your area, sadly nothing here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Storms in the Bay of Biscay could we be lucky with these coming up lol I do so hope so :bomb:  :)

Looks quite possible to say how fast they are moving. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Optimistic myself that the longer the sun is out over England the more kj of CAPE builds, once the mid-layer becomes destabilized by the overriding front moving out from N.France it's going to kick things into action. Still plenty of time for things yet, especially around the Home-Counties area moving up north into the night.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I can hear thunder now! Very deep loud rumbles...

Are there any live webcams on the IOM. The ones I have been searching keep refreshing

Met Office suggesting the thunderstorms across Wales will continue overnight and spread NE, so hopefully areas that have missed out so far will join in on the action

This Evening and Tonight:

Heavy showers and the risk of thunder will continue across many southwestern parts of Wales through the evening and overnight. These will spread northeastwards, to most parts by dawn. Minimum Temperature 12 °C. 

Tuesday:Cloudier than of late, with periods of heavy showers and the risk of thunder. Turning drier for most through the late afternoon. Maximum Temperature 19 °C.

UK forecast

This Evening and Tonight:Further scattered, perhaps thundery showers are expected during the evening, mainly across western parts of the UK, continuing through the night in the southwest. It will be largely fine and mild elsewhere.

Tuesday:Thundery showers most probable across parts of Wales, central and northern England, then southern Scotland later. Warm sunny spells in-between, but feeling chilly near northeastern coasts under low cloud.

They just can't say the word 'thunderstorm' can they? Ugh it's so meek and bleurgh!

Posted

Where they merge into a Massive MCS and get stuck in the Severn valleys bringing us 10+ hours of extremely frequent lightning.

Ah bliss :bomb: we may get lucky Lynxus, it has happened before about 11 years ago Lol :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Impressive storm over Wales right now but there is an even bigger one in Finland! Lets hope some of that stuff over N.France can become something special!I recently brought a new patio umbrella/sun shade, I will be using it in the event of a storm!! Don't think it will offer much protection though. lol

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Looks quite possible to say how fast they are moving. :D

Hope so William, may we all get lucky. :D This evening could certainly get interesting. :yahoo:

Posted

Something is just building over me. Be interesting to see if it builds as it moves north. A few very large drops is col it managed here but it appeared to build from nowhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Posted Image

Lovely panorama! I just have a thick cumulonimbus anvil, here.

Posted

Kicking off in Dorset now, around Bridport. Nothing but drizzle and the occasional heavy shower here in South Devon, but here's hoping for some late development.