Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 14th May 2014 onwards

Interesting skies moving up from the S now, different to today so far. Undulatus asperatus clouds perhaps? Last time I saw similar clouds was before storms in May 2011 so hopefully a good omen of something stirring.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Interesting skies moving up from the S now, different to today so far. Undulatus asperatus clouds perhaps? Last time I saw similar clouds was before storms in May 2011 so hopefully a good omen of something stirring.

Posted Image20140519_0002.JPG

Exactly the same here Bobby. :)

Posted

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif20140519_0002.JPG

Have similar up now after the big storm passed. The skies at the moment remind me of 90's summer thunderstorms where they last into the night. Hopefully get a good night show.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Those over the Irish Sea, though still quite active, seem to have died down somewhat on approach to IOM and Northern Ireland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif20140519_0002.JPG

Same looking clouds here with some mammatus! 

Posted

I've had half an eye on the radar and realtime lightning all afternoon. I can't beleive how long that Wales/Irish Sea monster has been going. And it's still on the rampage! Very exciting to see, even though I wished it was over me.

Edited by boogercj

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Come on France getting going euro4 shows ppn moving up over night to the southern counties

This is our best bet for this side of the country :p

• Like 1

Posted

its very rare for the north west to be near the thunderstorm hotspot, and look were they all bleedin are !!  over the supposedly storm killer Irish sea,  and looks like they wont move over the land of north west England

why not the hotter land

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

An area of interest for later (inside the skilfully drawn red lines) running the loop shows that developing rapidly!

post-15177-0-08246400-1400515275_thumb.j

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just the hint on the latest radar that things are starting to trigger across the W Midlands....

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes, I'm sure more in-land areas will see better convective activity later this evening and overnight as they push N/E, As per Nick's forecast. Nothing to report here today so far, Fingers crossed every one !

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

An area of interest for later (pic) running the loop shows that developing rapidly!

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-05-19-16-57-17_1.jpg

Looked liked it was weakening earlier. But, hopefully not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

What an amazing day and we still have lots of potential! There have been no storms here but just following everything on radar has been fun!

Posted

Still some mid-level capping round these parts, so much low-level lifting only for it to get sheared away.

Posted

Wishing it was dark so I could see lightning to the WSW from the storms affecting the Yeovil area!

Patiently hoping that the line of showers in the Channel attached to those storms will also develop thundery activity as it hits land further East!

• Like 1

Posted

Nice little cell just passed to the west of me. Just popped in to check the radar, I'm still half way through cutting the lawn, hope it holds off!

Posted

The hills here seemingly killing the showers a bit as they come to us

Posted

its very rare for the north west to be near the thunderstorm hotspot, and look were they all bleedin are !!  over the supposedly storm killer Irish sea,  and looks like they wont move over the land of north west England

why not the hotter land

Because they are being formed and driven by processes high in the atmosphere and are not related to surface heating.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I'm sure more in-land areas will see better convective activity later this evening and overnight as they push N/E, As per forecast's. Nothing to report here today so far, Fingers crossed every one !

At night it's more coastal areas.

Still no action this afternoon, here.

Posted

At night it's more coastal areas.

Still no action this afternoon, here.

Let's wait and see!  :D  Now Casting is far more accurate during these set-up's.

Edited by Polar Maritime