Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you turned your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted

what is the temp in your room?

Dunno, don't care until me ale starts to falter - and it's got to be less than 14C for that to happen. All's well on that front but I'm not sure how, given the recent 'cold' nights and the heating never having been on throughout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Dunno, don't care until me ale starts to falter - and it's got to be less than 14C for that to happen. All's well on that front but I'm not sure how, given the recent 'cold' nights and the heating never having been on throughout.

Had to put the heating on last night, not because I'm brewing, but because the temps reached freezing point! Frosty out there! Hope your ale dosen't falter! :drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Having to close the window periodically now, may not open it all day for the first time .

No heating required yet though.

I have had to put a jumper over my-tshirt the last two evenings though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Yep ...... now on this week!

The difference between 23oC at the weekend and a couple of nights of frost this week has done it for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still only switched on the one storage heater in the lounge, was nippy upstairs last night though.

Posted

Its been on since September. We've only had 1/2 frosts but a whole lotta nights were the temp hit 2 and 3c. 

A few days ago it was quite wintry with snow down to 1,000 feet.. at midday I recorded a temp of 3c here. 

Edited by Winter Frost

Posted

Its been on since September. We've only had 1/2 frosts but a whole lotta nights were the temp hit 2 and 3c. 

A few days ago it was quite wintry with snow down to 1,000 feet.. at midday I recorded a temp of 3c here. 

Where are you? Can you put your location in by your avatar please.

• Like 1

Posted

Heating now on downstairs and in the bathrooms. Log burner going and temp in living room is a cosy 22C. Upstairs its around the 17C mark, so fine for sleeping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Warm pipes that circle the apartment are flowing to keep the chill off. Windows open during the day but tend to close them as the sun drops. No radiators on as yet but then its around 9c at night still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have had it on for an hour or two before getting up the last two mornings to take the chill off but not on proper yet. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

On this morning and off after 50 minutes this evening. So not using it a lot at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Ok I gave in this evening. 14C in the living room and colder elsewhere was enough :p

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Dropped to 15 in the living room, 6.3c out so the open fires lit and roaring!

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Not on fully here to heat the house, however it's on for 15 minute bursts in the morning and evening .. About an hour total to heat the bathroom and dry towels .. Only one radiator comes on, the rest haven't kicked in yet to my knowledge

Posted

Drawback of storage heaters is they are either on or off.

Posted

As we had a frost here and a max today of 6.9c the heating is on because it is cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

It can get to about 1c then the heating will go on, and even then it will be to take the chill of my house, I keep Tarantulas and putting the heating on for too long will mess up the seaons for them.

Posted

It can get to about 1c then the heating will go on, and even then it will be to take the chill of my house, I keep Tarantulas and putting the heating on for too long will mess up the seaons for them.

That's the spirit! Why dontcha chuck the tarantulas in the fridge (kept apart from cooked meat, of course)?

• Like 1

Posted

That's the spirit! Why dontcha chuck the tarantulas in the fridge (kept apart from cooked meat, of course)?

Curry?  Open fire lit again here, No heating yet.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Are you not able to house the tarantulas in a climate controlled unit so that your house can be a little bit warmer? I don't understand why tarantulas need cold conditions when they live in hot environments (or maybe they don't?).

Posted

Mine has been on low setting for just over a week now, not ashamed of that either, storage heaters are a bugger to regulate, rather some heat (mine are on super low) than none at all.

Posted

Unheated rooms in my house are now 13C which is far too cold for me, so the heating is most definietly on.

• Like 1

Posted

Being a rented place I have to make sure some rooms do not fall too cold as condensation builds, I have an obligation to look after the place afterall.