Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

19C under partly cloudy skies now that the low cloud has burnt off..................wow, I can believe I just typed 'low cloud has burnt off'.....it's the end of october!.....

looks like 20C will be breached possibly today and almost certainly tomorrow!

Posted

19C under partly cloudy skies now that the low cloud has burnt off..................wow, I can believe I just typed 'low cloud has burnt off'.....it's the end of october!.....

looks like 20C will be breached possibly today and almost certainly tomorrow!

Quite amazing isn't it. I can't help but wonder how hit it would have been on Tuesday, today and tomorrow in mid summer and how thundery yesterday would have been!

Posted

18.1c here and 1.2 mm rain in last 24hr.  :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite amazing isn't it. I can't help but wonder how hit it would have been on Tuesday, today and tomorrow in mid summer and how thundery yesterday would have been!

I was thinking the same thing. A notable heatwave for sure.

A pleasant enough day today after early fog cleared. Driving home out of Bristol last night at 01.30 it was like pea soup in places. 

Posted

Really humid and warm out there this evening, currently 16.8c.

Here's hoping for some sunshine tomorrow, been a painfully grey Autumn so far.

Posted

Temperature hasn't dropped below 15C all night. That's unusual for summer let alone the end of October!

Apparently keithlucky, John Hammond mentioned the s word for southern Britain on the BBC News Channel as a "possibility" early next week.

Edited by picog

Posted

Temperature hasn't dropped below 15C all night. That's unusual for summer let alone the end of October!

Apparently keithlucky, John Hammond mentioned the s word for southern Britain as a "possibility" early next week.

"S" word, you mean "SUN" oh good get rid of the mizzle, get some sun back, good oh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Dry sunny and very mild to start today here. Current conditions for all parameters here.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/index.html

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Our first taste of winter next week? http://t.co/0sA8sOinGN

First taste of Autumn more like Keith :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

an almost unbelievable 20.4c here in the shade!!

car temp sensor is showing 81f.........it feels like the tropics out there with the humid southerly feed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Blimey. 20.2C outside with a positively balmy wind blowing. I don't think I've ever experienced this type of warmth so late in October and today could end up being the warmest day of the month here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Just reached 18.2C here with the sun just appearing (Guess 90% cloud cover).

It is also looking a bit brighter to the south west.

Making the most of it this pm in the garden doing leaves with my new secondhand blower since a lot of the remaining 50% are likely to drop next week.

Looking at the latest GFS and according to Chio the strat ECM, we may be entering real winter in 10days. Chio does say that it will probably not exist on the next run though!!!!

However after months of mild mush we have been through I am looking for to some nice cold weather.

I have also just seen reports of Ian Brown reporting on twitter. Has he left us now? It is about time he showed up here, to contain some of my natural enthusiasm. One never knows we might even get another WTF moment.

If he starts on ramping up the temperatures this winter, it will act as the perfect antidote to James Maddman.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

Just reached 18.2C here with the sun just appearing (Guess 90% cloud cover).

It is also looking a bit brighter to the south west.

If he starts on ramping up the temperatures this winter, it will act as the perfect antidote to James Maddman.

MIA

Are you suggesting James Maddman needs an antidote, don't you mean suppository? Oh and peaking out @ 18.7C right now.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

INSANE warmth for the day before November!!! 24c almost in the SE Now.

Warm here too despite clouding over as the front encroaches here in Southern Cornwall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Are you suggesting James Maddman needs an antidote, don't you mean suppository? Oh and peaking out @ 18.7C right now.

Yep you are correct.

It will make him feel a lot better...... not sure about us though.

Come to think of it...Could you think of Ian Brown and James Maddman in the same small room together?

Ha ha

MIA  

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A very bland mild day with milky sky's and a light 6mph W/S/W wind, Gusting 23mph at 8.55am. And a balmy top temp of 17.4c..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

You have some lovely blue sky's there pantz  :)