Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

I was under that snow to the NW of London (I live in Warwickshire during term time) and we got about half a cm, certainly nothing to be jealous of!

Half a cm?? You lucky, lucky b_stard.

Isn't that the band that's coming down to us tomorrow night?

If it is, I expect it to morph into a giant middle finger as it approaches our region, before fizzling out to nothing.

• Like 5

Posted

Half a cm?? You lucky, lucky b_stard.

If it is, I expect it to morph into a giant middle finger as it approaches our region, before fizzling out to nothing.

Hahaha you love a good moan it's only the weather man

Posted

Far North of England 2014/15 Winter in a nutshell :') 

Posted

I think you'd better leave.

:p;)

• Like 2

Posted

One mans only the weather is another mans recurring disappointment. Some of us need cold and snow each year to get us through those awful summer months.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I can see the pink sky just literally a mile away ! Chucking TV out window I give in now going to sleep MeH ; everyone throwing toys out of pram Mayswell join in haha

• Like 1

Posted

Another inch or two.
Looking at radar is not much help as the showers are forming a few miles off the coast from thin air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

bone dry in darlo lol 

Please Please Please rubbish cold spell end, I want spring warmth now

Edited by Continental Climate

Posted

bone dry in darlo lol 

Please Please Please rubbish cold spell end, I want spring warmth now

I have to agree. Another disappointing night.

Tonight will be rain or missing showers again.

Like you i want the warmth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Last night ECM hinted at the high backing west allowing some colder air to sweep down on Sunday that looks unlikely now

UKMO

Rukm1201.gif

ECM

Recm1201.gif

GFS

Rtavn1201.gif

The window of opportunity for snow is getting shorter and shorter....... roll on some spring warmth so I can get back out in my garden

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

well the next 24/36 hours will be our last chance for snow this winter i reckon, nothing of note in fi in the models  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Posted

well the next 24/36 hours will be our last chance for snow this winter i reckon, nothing of note in fi in the models  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

yeah this evening and tonight is the last chance for this cold spell.i wouldn't go as far as all winter mind!

Big carol going for rain showers at low levels tomorrow.. Unbelievable Jeff

Posted

If we don't get any snow by Thursday we can rule out any more till at least mid month looking at the models

Today:

Bright or sunny intervals and scattered showers, these initially falling as snow inland, and as sleet or rain along the coast and also inland later at low levels. Icy patches initially on untreated surfaces. Cold. Becoming breezy along the coast. Maximum Temperature 3C.

Tonight:

Further wintry showers, falling mainly as snow away from the coast, and becoming occasionally heavy, leading to slight accumulations in places. Icy stretches are likely on untreated roads and pavements. Minimum Temperature -4C.

Wednesday:

Early icy stretches on untreated surfaces. Sunny or bright intervals and snow showers, some heavy and so leading to slight accumulations. Feeling very cold, highest temperatures along the coast. Maximum Temperature 3C.

The cold weather alert has got extended to next Monday http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

Posted

Snow and Ice warning issued for tonight and into early Wednesday

Issued at: 1011 on Tue 3 Feb 2015

Valid from: 1800 on Tue 3 Feb 2015

Valid to: 1100 on Wed 4 Feb 2015

Showers of sleet and snow will continue to affect many eastern and particularly northeastern parts of the UK through the rest of Tuesday and into Wednesday giving icy stretches on untreated surfaces. The focus of showers is likely to transfer from northern and eastern Scotland and northeast England to parts of eastern and southeastern England on Tuesday night, with a few possibly penetrating into central England.

Rain and sleet is more likely near exposed coasts but slightly further inland local snow accumulations of 1-3 cm are possible above around 100 m, with perhaps 5-10 cm over the Grampians and North York Moors.

Most inland areas of the south should miss the snow. The snow showers will ease across much of Scotland later in the night. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel. This warning has been updated to change it to a combined ice and snow warning.

The start time has been brought forward to Tuesday evening and the end time brought forward to the middle of Wednesday.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

A cold air mass will continue to affect much of the UK. Weak frontal remnants coming southwards will bring a mixture of rain. sleet and snow showers accompanied by slightly less cold air, with rain more likely on exposed coasts. As surfaces fall below freezing on Tuesday evening icy stretches are likely almost anywhere.

Heavier showers are likely close to coasts of eastern Scotland and northeast England, falling as snow, mainly over higher ground. Any snow cover will be variable in nature with icy surfaces more of an issue across eastern and central England following melting of today's localised snow cover.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1423008000&regionName=ne

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: It's all about the white stuff!

Bit of road advice please, if there is a better place to put this please point me in the right direction. I'm meant to be taking the kids to Liverpool for the weekend on friday, hoping to leave by 1.30 PM to try and miss most of the rush hour, what weather is expected between here and there, are any of the roads expected to be bad? Not sure which route to take or if anywhere along the way has had a lot of snow that might hinder me. Thanks :)

Edited by lizmartin1981

Posted

Bit of road advice please, if there is a better place to put this please point me in the right direction. I'm meant to be taking the kids to Liverpool for the weekend on friday, hoping to leave by 1.30 PM to try and miss most of the rush hour, what weather is expected between here and there, are any of the roads expected to be bad? Not sure which route to take or if anywhere along the way has had a lot of snow that might hinder me. Thanks :)

Should be fine by then can really see any issues if any snow does fall its likely to be in the next day or so and nothing more than a dusting for lower levels in our region by the end of the week high pressure is likely to be moving in settling things down

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

whats this white stuff falling from the sky, bork its cinders falling from the sky from a neighbours fire 

Posted

whats this white stuff falling from the sky, bork its cinders falling from the sky from a neighbours fire 

.. the residual heat from which will ensure that when it snows tonight, it will turn to sleet just above your house. ;)

• Like 1

Posted

Feels balmy outside in the sun. Clouding over now, something brewing in the north Sea around the borders looking at radar, we will just have to keep fingers crossed for tonight.

Posted

.. the residual heat from which will ensure that when it snows tonight, it will turn to sleet just above your house. ;)

It will be sleet over most people’s houses tonight. Last chance tonight for it to go out with a bang. Let’s hope it does.

Like Gary said it feels quite warm out.

Edited by NorthEastSnow
  • Like 1