Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ne6?day=3

Snow for me on Wednesday morning.

Yeah, I know it'll be drizzle but still ...

Expect that to be removed virtually no precipitation at all till at least Friday

Posted

Still almost complete snow cover here, it is looking a bit threadbare and there's some green patches facing south.

Posted

Big contrasts between the west and east of the region today. Darlington and Durham hit double figures, whilst maxima in much of Cumbria held between the 1 and 3 degree mark.

Its been a raw day here, a cold night with mins -3 to -4 degrees followed by a lovely sunny start, but then the frost lifted into low cloud and mist and there is stuck supressing temperatures. A very wintry feel to things.

Currently not too far off freezing again, tomorrow could be similar though it won't be such a cold start. Indeed the week ahead looks preety chilly.

Posted

Chilly day here even though from indoors, it looked springlike. 

For me, today was not springlike, you need slightly higher temps and you definately need higher dew points for it too "feel" springlike. It only looked springlike with the sun higher in the sky and the largely cloudless skies we had today. 

Forecasts have in general overestimated cloud amounts and I would not be too surprised if this will be the case in the next few days, there is no fronts trapped underneath this high so any cloud will be the low cloud/stratuscumulus type and as john Hammond been trying to emphasize on the forecasts, its uncertain to pin point how much cloud there actually will be. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Chilly day here even though from indoors, it looked springlike. 

For me, today was not springlike, you need slightly higher temps and you definately need higher dew points for it too "feel" springlike. It only looked springlike with the sun higher in the sky and the largely cloudless skies we had today. 

Forecasts have in general overestimated cloud amounts and I would not be too surprised if this will be the case in the next few days, there is no fronts trapped underneath this high so any cloud will be the low cloud/stratuscumulus type and as john Hammond been trying to emphasize on the forecasts, its uncertain to pin point how much cloud there actually will be. 

Not spring-like but certainly not wintry either.

Saying that, there has been a bit of a breeze today which was quite chilly. But as you say, wall to wall sunshine for pretty much all of the day which looked quite pleasant.

Posted

After hitting 11c in Darlington yesterday another glorious spring like day is on the way for the NE with temperatures similar to yesterday after this cold frosty start

Posted

8.2c currently in Darlington with unbroken sunshine double figures will be hit easy, and maybe the low teens if we're lucky

Posted

Many fields still white here, especially north facing.
It topped 8C briefly, but stayed near freezing on the ground.
Down to 3C again already.

Posted

Another cold frosty evening, current temp -0.8 degrees thanks to clear skies and no wind. Had a lengthy run of air frosts these past 3 and half weeks or so.

Posted

I was a bit surprised looking at nearbys on wunderground.
There's someone just over a mile away but a bit higher (more breeze?) not been below -1.2 and near the coast is on +2 or more.
Does suggest if wind picks up our temp could rocket up in a few minutes.

http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=yo21%202dg&wuSelect=PWS&theprefset=WSLIST&theprefvalue=WUPWS#PWS

Posted

Day 4 of this spring like spell

Dry and very frosty overnight still below zero at -0.5c

Should hit double figures easy by this afternoon maybe the low teens for some parts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Day 4 of this spring like spell

Dry and very frosty overnight still below zero at -0.5c

Should hit double figures easy by this afternoon maybe the low teens for some parts

i think you are been a little optimistic on todays temps there, high of 8 today infact the bbc do not expect it to get any higher than 5/6c its 11.25 and temp is only 2.4c

• Like 1

Posted

i think you are been a little optimistic on todays temps there, high of 8 today infact the bbc do not expect it to get any higher than 5/6c its 11.25 and temp is only 2.4c

If the sun had stayed like it was when I posted this morning we may have reached those temps but it looks unlikely now given the fog rolled in its trying to lift now so hopefully some sunny spells this afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

chilly afternoon temp currently 3.8c under low cloud 

Posted

Already a frost on top of the cars here this evening after a high of 8c this afternoon,so temperatures are now in plummet mode.

Posted

Another gorgeous sunny day, so rare nowadays in our part of the world. Sunsets have been incredible with last nights the pick!

Highs in the low teens? 8° in unbroken sunshine but already down to freezing point.

Cracking photo 4wd, lovely part of the world.

Posted

Wind has picked up quite a bit, and only about 1C so feels very cold again especially since it's murky/foggy/misty too.