IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Will darlo see any snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looking like the snow will be just south of the region going by the latest forecast from the beeb, I'd keep an eye on Saturday though we could see a bit of snow then if it survives crossing the pennines

Untitled121.pngUntitled1.pngUntitled12.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Looking like the snow will be just south of the region going by the latest forecast from the beeb, I'd keep an eye on Saturday though we could see a bit of snow then if it survives crossing the pennines

Untitled121.pngUntitled1.pngUntitled12.png

a very small northward correction we need desperately that would be agonising to watch!

Posted

I think the main front will miss most if not all of the region, I can't say I'll be too disapointed as uppers of just -5 and a NE'ly would not be enough to bring snowfall and in all truthness, if 2-4CM is forecast from a frontal event, then that suggests its very marginal and it may start as rain turning to snow if it turns to full on snow at all. 

The BBC graphics also suggests this, our main hope is for some trough and convective activity to pass through which is what the UKMO sort of suggests, it will be quite hard to pin down on the detail just yet though. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

BBC graphics now showing light snow giving way to sleet from 0800 to 1300 on Saturday.

Crucially the wind direction is Westerly so I'm very happy to disregard this potential snow event as rubbish.

Posted

BBC graphics now showing light snow giving way to sleet from 0800 to 1300 on Saturday.

Crucially the wind direction is Westerly so I'm very happy to disregard this potential snow event as rubbish.

I would be careful on reading too much into the graphics although with an off shore wind and cold air, you got more chance of any PPN being of sleet/snow rather than just rain. 

Although I would rule out much in the way of settling snow, I would not rule out seeing snowfall at all in all honesty. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Yes boo hoo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

You couldn't make it up every region in the country under a warning apart from the northeast aaaaaaaaah you could lose the plot if it wasn't for all the food and drink lol

• Like 1

Posted

Looks to be some heavy showers coming in off the North sea tomorrow afternoon and evening with a risk of hail and thunder and snow on high ground if they make it far enough inland.

Am a bit mystified by this from the met office though. :unsure2:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

Edited by Cloud 10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Just checked the radar and it may get into our region yet. Maybe not the north of our region but boro, darlo etc may get in on the action.

Posted

Don't worry they are getting all excited about a inch of slush - hardly worth mentioning further north ;)
There will be snow showers around tomorrow for a start.

Posted

Don't worry they are getting all excited about a inch of slush - hardly worth mentioning further north ;)

There will be snow showers around tomorrow for a start.

Yep tomorrow looks like a better chance for this region, some wintry precipitation has made it to Leyburn now and just on the edge of Richmond

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

The radar does look like precipitation is coming further north. Could we maybe get some snow?

Very close to Darlo currently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

look at rain today radar!! The cloud literally circles darlo lol the snow shield is in full working order!!

Posted

look at rain today radar!! The cloud literally circles darlo lol the snow shield is in full working order!!

Yea that's what I mean how frustrating is that lol. It must come 3 mile further north lol.