Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Strong wind and heavy snow currently in Darlington gone very dark as well

Snow starting to stick now the most prolonged snow shower of the day so far

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Very heavy snow shower

• Like 1

Posted

Good sign for tonight if it's already snowing and its meant to get even colder?

Yep meant get down to around 3c this evening, still snowing in Darlington

• Like 1

Posted

Very surprised by this Boro isn't even covered by the met office warning, biggish flakes now

Yeah especially when Stockton has a snow warning

Sky starting to get a bit brighter to the north so it appears to be coming to an end shortly

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Had a rain/sleety showers here this afternoon.

Nothing to write home about.

Posted

Yep meant get down to around 3c this evening, still snowing in Darlington

It's already down below 1C here in the shower now.

Sort of white but will be through in a minute so only temporary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

It will be colder than 3c Gav it's 2.1 now

Posted

It will be colder than 3c Gav it's 2.1 now

Yep looking that way could be very icy in the morning if it stays clear overnight......

Posted

The heavy wet snow/hail shower a couple of hours ago deposited a white cover on the local low fells, down to 100 metres, looks like snow but when you look it is clearly compacted hail - still quite a wintry scene.

Has gone quieter on the shower front last hour or so, but suspect we will see a number of heavy showers rattle through over next 12 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Snowing again here now and starting to settle.

Snow a bit wettish just down the road cloud but b blowing around in the gusts. Showers look like increasing according to radar so a chance of a covering if it stays cold.

Posted

Looking poor for the coming week. Apart from the wind, all the snow looks like missing our region. :(

Posted

Looking poor for the coming week. Apart from the wind, all the snow looks like missing our region. :(

Thats the problem when you get a west / north westerly flow this region only really benefits an east or North easterly flow. Although I had some snow this afternoon its still 22 months since we had a covering on the ground my snow shovels remain out of work

Posted

Just been for a drive out. Blizzard conditions and about an inch of snow on the road from Kirkwhelpington onwards on the A696. Snow tyres did brilliantly but didn't risk the run up to Carter Bar.

10933986_10153019161332472_7797937035381

• Like 3

Posted

Just been for a drive out. Blizzard conditions and about an inch of snow on the road from Kirkwhelpington onwards on the A696. Snow tyres did brilliantly but didn't risk the run up to Carter Bar.

10933986_10153019161332472_7797937035381

What kind of nutter drives from Washington to Kirkwhelpington on a night like tonight? I get why you'd be micturated given the non-event it's become here but that's stupid snowgazing.

Posted

What kind of nutter drives from Washington to Kirkwhelpington on a night like tonight? I get why you'd be micturated given the non-event it's become here but that's stupid snowgazing.

I do it quite often when snow is on the horizon. I'm a car enthusiast and mine is kitted out with good snow tyres and its good to have experience driving in these conditions.

You've seen the traffic carnage we have in this country when it snows and it's simply because people have no idea how to drive to the conditions.

At no point was I out of control or in a dangerous situation, you can come along next time if you wish!

Just like the storm chasers in USA, no point sitting waiting for the snow to come to me when I have a perfectly good car to go find it myself.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I do it quite often when snow is on the horizon. I'm a car enthusiast and mine is kitted out with good snow tyres and its good to have experience driving in these conditions.

You've seen the traffic carnage we have in this country when it snows and it's simply because people have no idea how to drive to the conditions.

At no point was I out of control or in a dangerous situation, you can come along next time if you wish!

Just like the storm chasers in USA, no point sitting waiting for the snow to come to me when I have a perfectly good car to go find it myself.

Glad I'm not the only one. I drove 120 miles tonight to experience an all out blizzard. Well experienced driving on snow and I have my winter tyres on and a good set of tunes. Have seen 4 episodes of snow so far this winter from chasing, if I hadn't I wouldn't of seen anything so far. Real snow nutter. :)