Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

I can handle the wind and gales, fog and frost don't bother me, bring on the cold and snow, but when is this relentless RAIN going to stop? I don't think we have had one completely dry day here for three weeks now and I could really do with one sunny day to dry things out a bit. Anyone care to predict when we can hope for a change to something a little drier? (Please don't say March.....).

But we have had a very dry year right up until about middle of August - so the weather is just balancing itself out right now - but this is the mild before the freeze - we always get this torrent before the freeze and nasty blizzardy cold kicks in

14th DECEMBER 00z and 06z - both confirming again today - blizzards and winter will kick off that day or around that day - yer we go folks

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

But we have had a very dry year right up until about middle of August - so the weather is just balancing itself out right now - but this is the mild before the freeze - we always get this torrent before the freeze and nasty blizzardy cold kicks in

14th DECEMBER 00z and 06z - both confirming again today - blizzards and winter will kick off that day or around that day - yer we go folks

I'm taking your word for it ! It's now set in stone! 14 th December,if we don't get a snow day this year,arghhhh!! Thanks Andy! X

Posted

Well hi all first day of winter and temps more like spring,don't feel like spring mind.last night driving was terrible wind and massive amount of water on the roads.I hope we get some nice clear cold weather soon or be no rugby until April ha ha.I see most sites except for express news paper going for wet and fairly mild for dec,for most of the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and sun

hi all,  my son and his family are coming home from Australia for xmas , and they are looking forward to snow , can you tell me are they going to be lucky they go back after the first week of January  

Posted
On 01/12/2015, 13:59:12, Jennifer Davies said:
On 01/12/2015, 13:59:12, Jennifer Davies said:

hi all,  my son and his family are coming home from Australia for xmas , and they are looking forward to snow , can you tell me are they going to be lucky they go back after the first week of January  

Atm the more likely for a average winter fare upto the 20 with a colder Nwesterly snap.BANG ON SNOW BEFORE ,XMAS GONE BY XMAS gfsnh-0-348.png?12DAY LOL

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Rain , rain , rain and more rain forecast all day tomorrow! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
19 hours ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Rain , rain , rain and more rain forecast all day tomorrow! 

Well, you were right on the button there - hasn't stopped here for about six hours now and very heavy, too.   Looks like we might get some respite tomorrow - I hope so because there is now a small stream rushing past my front door which is definitely not supposed to be there.  Would become a real problem if the rainfall increases in intensity.  If this had been snow it would have been about two foot deep by now!   Maybe we can save that for Christmas though......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Anyone having issues with this upgrade??

Posted
1 hour ago, freeze for all said:

Anyone having issues with this upgrade??

What are the issues you're having? You may find more info on the thread below, and if you post whatever the problem is in that thread, i'll take a look as soon as I see it:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/84553-forum-upgrade-please-read/

Posted

Looks like I'm gonna be right - GFS nicely putting together the mother of all winters starting around the 14th December - supplies at the ready by the end of next week folks or else you will pay the price

Posted
3 hours ago, andymusic said:

Looks like I'm gonna be right - GFS nicely putting together the mother of all winters starting around the 14th December - supplies at the ready by the end of next week folks or else you will pay the price

Yes winter kicks off around the middle of December with again around the 17th looking good gfs-0-312.png.00b14d45d500b07ee21d93bffb

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Yes winter kicks off around the middle of December with again around the 17th looking good gfs-0-312.png.00b14d45d500b07ee21d93bffb

Aw good ,this sounds like something to watch,what do people think xmas eve/day

will be like??

Posted

The main long term forecasters go for mild west winds over xmas with northern areas have a chance of a white xmas before a North wind returns before the new year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

thought's to all those in the north of wales and the uk this evening.hopefully things wont get much worse.very relieved that we missed it in the south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

North East Wales calling:.River Ceiriog about full in low lying valley areas, most noticeable about Desmond is the wind, louder than A, B, C to date.  Three nights in a row awake listening to the rushing river and  sou'westerly? Is it sw? Very mild, although warmer outside than in.  Fire lit.

Posted
On 02/12/2015 at 7:11 PM, keithlucky said:

Atm the more likely for a average winter fare upto the 20 with a colder Nwesterly snap.BANG ON SNOW BEFORE ,XMAS GONE BY XMAS gfsnh-0-348.png?12DAY LOL

Still looking promising for more seasonal weather for the17ih and 18 of Dec image.png.0512797961dc642508868972a687b6gfsnh-0-234.png.2c1ef53ed911409c8cdd18e0Best chart of the winter!!!:shok:Storm Risk Forecast

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

ECM out in a bit,could be very interesting model watching.prozac at the ready!:bomb:

• Like 1

Posted

oh dear oh dear........very grim charts today and this evening.tike to take I break I think.nasty weekend of weather for wales coming up as well.very high rain totals showing for the weekend.where's the festive spirit from the models?!!!!!!:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Stone the crows!  Just heard the gritters out.  Quick look at weebly wobbly Meto weather for Glyn and at this minute, for tonight we have current temp 6degs, coldest 1 deg tonight and tomorrow a chilly 4deg down to 0deg.  Ooh its so nice to get the cold  - right fire on, time to make some mincepies :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Make the most of any colder weather now, as it's due to get mild again shortly and unfortunately looks very wet in the medium term:

GEFS Ensembles Chart

GEFS Ensembles Chart

For those looking for something colder there's still scope for the models to change before Christmas, but not looking too promising at this stage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

trigger finger is itching as far as December 2015 goes. Ready to fling it in the skip marked "bad rubbish" to join its vile counterparts December 2013, January 2014 and February 2014.

Posted

Took a break for a few days......gonna to take another break again I think.grim reading today.....here's looking to January for cold I suspect!

:cold: