Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

maybe its the ghost of winters' past??

Posted

What was October like before the fab snowfall of was it 2009/10? Clutching at straws as only a few flakes was seen last year

Posted

What was October like before the fab snowfall of was it 2009/10? Clutching at straws as only a few flakes was seen last year

Heavy thundery downpours Devon had quite bad flooding.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted

Fascinating  theories go that it having a cooling effect this winter and the next few winters in north Atlantic, meaning cooler summers and colder winters http://t.co/kwfggT15DJ

• Like 1

Posted

Freezing this morning,2degrees,frost on grass and had to scrape the windscreen! It was lush! A little bit of 09/10 feeling about it! Mmmm, yes please!

Posted

Interesting

http://wchildblog.co...arity-to-sc-12/

Should our current solar cycle continue to follow the same course as Solar Cycle 12, then we may have an indicator for the upcoming 3 winters. Using the winters of solar Cycle 12, we see that the next three winters correspond to the winters of 1885/86, 1886/87, 1887/88 (marked yellow in the above chart). They were all colder than normal, which tells us that this coming 2015/16 winter and the 2 winters to follow are also likely to turn out to be colder than normal. - See more at: http://notrickszone....J.HxpPPYRd.dpuf
  • Like 1

Posted

Evening All,

First post of the winter and a panicking one.!  One of my mates who is high in the council said that gritter lads are on call sunday!  I dont read the papers but I know I normally tend to do my first grit of the winter around the last week of november.  This seems really early.  Im in Neath and all my sites are along the M4.   I havent carried out any prep this winter as yet due to other business activities but should I be worrying?  If there is truth in it, I got 2 days to get some plans in place.  Feedback be great !!!

Posted

Record cold temperatures have occured in Greenland this October can this have a influence on over the Northern hemisphere over the next few months? with temp close to -60c been  recorded. 2015-10-25-06-39-52.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Record cold temperatures have occured in Greenland this October can this have a influence on over the Northern hemisphere over the next few months? with temp close to -60c been  recorded. 2015-10-25-06-39-52.png

Thanks Again for a very informative post... lts  strange how the media does not report this,,,, :cc_confused:  :cold:  :rofl:

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

working in the back garden in shorts and t-shirt on the 1st of November!!just had a bee fly past me looking at a calendar scratching its head!!

• Like 2

Posted

22.4c max in Trawsgoed today a new November record, soon dropped this eve there though down to 9c now!

Edited by conor123
  • Like 1

Posted

Loving this Autumn. Long may this quiet spell last. 

I truly hate wet and windy weather. Although i understand the interest value I never want to experience a winter like 2013/14 again. 

I'm hopeful that this winter will deliver something more interesting in terms of cold and snow. I haven't seen lying snow here since January 2013 so it wouldn't take much. But if not i just hope it's drier that average.

• Like 1

Posted

things starting to hot up or cool down( depending how you look at it) in the model thread.....some interesting posts today and hopefully some interesting times ahead!

Posted

great post by bradythemole in the model thread.very interesting

Posted

If only we could see these charts in the reliable time frame h500slp.png:wallbash:

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

At last a taste of winter on its way for next weekend h500slp.pnghgt300.png-10 above could give snow to low levels CTxT-8QVAAAPk3q.png

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

Despite being fairly close to the amber zone and well inside the yellow, hardly any rain fell yesterday but the wind is absolutely howling outside right now.

Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Despite being fairly close to the amber zone and well inside the yellow, hardly any rain fell yesterday but the wind is absolutely howling outside right now.

Pete

Same here....that's being the rain shadow of the Welsh mountains for you. Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted

Pete

Lucky you, first break from the rain here in 24 hrs ,nice to see the met office saying that it will be significantly colder by the end of the week at least we can dry out!Colder air starts to dig in on Friday according to GFS h500slp.png

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Just had a warning for snow later this week?  My work is low down M4 sites.  How low are the temperatures going?  

Just wait and see the north Wales coast looks a good bet to see some white stuff Saturday .some frost around Saturday Sunday night  ,expect some violent weather swing this year as ,solar-sunspot activity is very quiet.

Edited by keithlucky