Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Deteriorating I can hear the windows rattling & wind screaming not even near peak.

Purple shown over NW Wales going to get bumpy in the upcoming 6 hours, brace yourself.

post-19153-0-75075900-1421272982_thumb.j

Posted

Imby-ism that's a great word.

Used to sing that song in primary school, it had actions too.

Yeah.

Lots of things change, and time flipping flies.

During my primary school days, they used to get us to chant the times table. They don't do that any more. My 13 year old son thinks I'm crazy when I help him with his maths homework.

Mad world.

Also, (sorry again for my ramblings) we were delivered milk to work in glass bottles this week. If they'd put a straw in it, I'd have regressed to my child hood.

Milk at break time, frozen, and the silver top torn where a bird had tried to get into it. Never could get my straw into them.

Next week's version=

And the snow came down

And the drifts went up.....

Hope so. BUT, like it during the night, so I can don't have problems getting home, and more importantly, don't have to clear car park of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Deteriorating I can hear the windows rattling & wind screaming not even near peak.

Purple shown over NW Wales going to get bumpy in the upcoming 6 hours, brace yourself.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What site is this please? 

I'm using XCweather, but it's showing very limited gusts for my nearest location (Southend) They show 23mph, where as your site shows 37mph, which seems more accurate to what I can hear outside!

Posted

Me too, Bogman, with a sugary biscut. Taken away by Mrs Thatcher!

Sudden change in the weather report. The wind's finally sounding like it mean business.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Anyone else felt the need to open their windows a tiny bit just so they can hear the wind better? Loving it...curled up under quilt watching the trees sway. (Best it just sticks to swaying, dont want it landing on my shed!

• Like 3

Posted

Anyone else felt the need to open their windows a tiny bit just so they can hear the wind better? Loving it...curled up under quilt watching the trees sway. (Best it just sticks to swaying, dont want it landing on my shed!

Brilliant idea! :D

Can I blame you when my window flies down the road? lol, it's a side opener!

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Horrible night. Temp risen from 4.5 degres at 5pm to currently 7.8.Drizzly rain but wind really got up. Worried my fences could be down in the morning if wind continues to get up.sat out Spurs game tonight as recovering from Minor op. In some ways glad I did with this weather. Great result for us coming back to win 4-2 after being 2 down inside 8 mins.COYS

Posted

I'm using XCweather, but it's showing very limited gusts for my nearest location (Southend) They show 23mph, where as your site shows 37mph, which seems more accurate to what I can hear outside!

Not a site it is a paid app for smartphones costing £1.99 I also have the snow radar. All ready for what may entail. Called Home & Dry a good buy... And very accurate updated every 5m.

So going on from the post about 'shallow low'

The mean at 120 is a good indicator.

ECM DET 850's at 144

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2015011412/ECU0-144.GIF?14-0

ECM MEAN 850's at 144

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2015011412/EDU0-144.GIF?14-0

That's some 3 degrees colder- backing up the theory of the ECM DET being to deep.

The 500 track on the mean-

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2015011412/EDU1-144.GIF?14-0

that's about as Positive as it gets in terms of widespread snow.....

best regards

Steve

^ :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

And we now have some rather potent gusts of wind here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

try this... there should be a station near you, just click on the station link and there should be all the data you need:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Hope that helps! 

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Th

try this... there shpild be a station near you, just click on the tation and there should be all the data you need:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Hope that helps! 

Thanks! I forgot about the WunderMap!

My station is on there, but as it's a vue and alltogether, at 2m it reads very light! I'll search through local stations for some accurate wind speeds !

Posted

Another beautiful sunny morning here, turned cloudier after lunchtime though. Hopefully the winds won't be too damaging tonight and into tomorrow, strong winds are by far my least favourite form of weather! Winds starting to pick up noticeably here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunday

post-17424-0-88670800-1421273766_thumb.g

Slack northerly wind

Showers will clear the south during the morning, there could be snow in these so maybe a dusting in places.

Otherwise showers will be restricted to north sea coasts, these will fall as a mix of rain/sleet and snow. 

Temperatures - 1-3C

Sharp frost overnight into Monday - down to -5C in places

Monday

post-17424-0-00031100-1421273768_thumb.g

Slack westerly flow

Looks a fine day, fog will lift in most places to leave a sunny day.

Temperature - 1-3C again.

So cold from tomorrow onwards. Beyond this point is where things could get interesting. Note the low on the day 5 chart, that will be UK bound for Tuesday into midweek.

• Like 3

Posted

Southerly gales - Shed is making noises, call the fire brigade.

Close to 40mph in that gust, not that sheltered here. Trees are swaying it looks stormy.

post-19153-0-00434800-1421274404_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I can just hear the wind when it gusts outside now, even with the double glazing.

Posted

Hi all! Could anyone tell me how to reply and add persons comment in at same time please? Maybe im just having a blonde (bottled!) Moment but I cant for the life of me find the options on my phone! Once ive mastered that I might well be able to post and comment on what the models say!( dont hold your breath though lol) thanks :)

Posted

Hi all! Could anyone tell me how to reply and add persons comment in at same time please? Maybe im just having a blonde (bottled!) Moment but I cant for the life of me find the options on my phone! Once ive mastered that I might well be able to post and comment on what the models say!( dont hold your breath though lol) thanks :)

click quote underneath a members post, and it'll take to you the reply box where you can add your own comments :)

Posted

click quote underneath a members post, and it'll take to you the reply box where you can add your own comments :)

Like this maybe?!!! Lets see

Posted

MAGIC CRACKER AN UPGRADE ON THE 12Z!! I'll grab my coat. :cold:

BEAST FROM THE EAST

post-19153-0-14383900-1421275407_thumb.jpost-19153-0-27250900-1421275431_thumb.jpost-19153-0-37740600-1421275638_thumb.j

Snow machine -10C uppers ever so near! :)

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted

chucking it down now at last with the strongest winds yet. Glad I'm back indoors now tbh; the wind chill is not nice. And if this evening wasn't exciting/fearsome enough then we've got an interesting northerly over the weekend that could bring snow showers followed by a freezing cold easterly next week which all makes for very happy reading on the MOD thread. 

• Like 1