Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

3.18am noisy, windy, wet

and then there was the weather outside

Boom tish.

Slept through it. Nothing major happened, just wetter than yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Bit of wind, a bit of rain. Not much really to say on the matter in the end.

Cloud clearing now so it should be a decent day now.

The output for next week is a little underwhelming for our region. Lets hope it improves over the rest of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Disruptive

So there we have it

No major storm and therefore no major snow event for this year again ;) (If I say there is going to be no snow event it will hopefully snow)

Met Office have just increased the temps for my area for next week by 2 degrees to 6 :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well that was all a big nothing in the end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I think the key is read and enjoy the model thread but take most posters with a pinch of salt. Last night for example I was meant to be getting the worst storm in 20 Years if I believed what I read 5 days ago. Let's see what next week brings !!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

either i live in my own wind tunnel or serves me right for being awake.

there was some intense gusts at times, what do some of you want no roofs, trees down & flying sheep?

btw i slept through 1987 lol

• Like 1

either i live in my own wind tunnel or serves me right for being awake.

there was some intense gusts at times, what do some of you want no roofs, trees down & flying sheep?

btw i slept through 1987 lol

Same here.. I must live in the biggest wind tunnel ever! I have lost 2 fence panels down the side of my house... Bamboo came down (I love my bamboo!!) and a tree down on my walk to work.. 

Posted

I think the key is read and enjoy the model thread but take most posters with a pinch of salt. Last night for example I was meant to be getting the worst storm in 20 Years if I believed what I read 5 days ago. Let's see what next week brings !!!

Not sure where you read that whether here or a newspaper, I said to Amanda couple of days back gusts of 50-60mph and that's what it was and that surprised me because in the early hours I thought it would get a touch stronger because where I am it was really blowing a gale, though my property is fairly exposed. I feel asleep when the squall line was still slightly West of London so can't comment what it was like when it passed through/if at all.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

All **** night with neighbours who were too lazy to shut a gate properly. I was tempted to do it by myself but that meant walking up an alley, getting soaked for someone else's lazyness   :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Must have been quite localised then, as it was mad here! Huge gusts and driving rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Same here huge gusts my son woke up thinking he could here the waves crashing ( we live on a cliff top) but it was the rain against the window bless him!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Same here huge gusts my son woke up thinking he could here the waves crashing ( we live on a cliff top) but it was the rain against the window bless him!

You live on a cliff top! :shok:  Last winter must have been a nightmare! :help:

From the lack of posts in here I gather either everyone including myself slept through any wind and is slightly disappointed this morning or you have all been blown away ? Miserable morning here wet and breezy .Off to work now

Storm Rachel was very tame here last night too, not worth staying up for. :nonono:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

For the next few days i think we will see a lot of downgrades and upgrades regarding next week, no doubt multiple snow accumulation charts will see us reduced somewhat but at this stage I wouldn't worry about that, let's get the cold locked in and the rest will follow suit.

By the end of the week we could be on the very short lived NE'ly for a time all we will need is the precipitation but as we know the North Sea can make its own so to speak  :db:  :search:

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

really strong winds last in Northampton.  At one point it sounded like the roof was going to be blown away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Regarding next week -

Currently it doesn't look particularly favourable for us when it comes to the sliders, our region historically fairs very poorly for snow unless the slider is exactly perfect, as it stands the first slider looks like missing the region completely. The second slider Mon/Tues looks like being mostly a rain event due to the damn warm sector. Unless things upgrade the beginning of next week looks like a rather cold, wet bleak affair.

From the middle of next week onwards if when I think our chances begin to increase as winds turn to a more Easterly direction. Hopefully we can start pulling in some heavy snow showers.

• Like 2

Posted

Newbie here not an expert of any kind but often caught looking out the window! Been following this thread for as few days and seems to be lot of anticipation/excitement about snow (can't think why nasty cold white stuff best viewed from a distance preferably next to a nice warm fire). So anyhow thought I would report close call where I work in Lancing Sussex a heavy shower of icy rain with lots of those little white cold things mixed in wind getting up again too. Temperatures dropped a lot since first thing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Yes next week very unlikely for the slider to bring snow south of the M4 around D5. In fact probably less than 10% on the 06z output. The snow risk is listed at around 30% but looking at the members who have the snow at that time:

post-14819-0-66434700-1421330290_thumb.ppost-14819-0-28435400-1421330291_thumb.ppost-14819-0-72360400-1421330291_thumb.p

post-14819-0-22177500-1421330292_thumb.ppost-14819-0-72682900-1421330292_thumb.p

You can see only two are realistic, the other three are progressive with the Atlantic ridge toppling to give an early easterly (compared to the op). The two that give the snow, split the low enabling the mild sector to be negated. So we need the op to split the energy. This can change much closer to T0 so even on Sunday this could flip, however it could blow the low up as well!!

• Like 1

Posted

If we get any snow next week 50/50 chance this site will have a melt down.

Looking at the model message board no one seems to know if it will happen or not but i am going to buy some grit just in case before they run out.

Posted

If we get any snow next week 50/50 chance this site will have a melt down.

Looking at the model message board no one seems to know if it will happen or not but i am going to buy some grit just in case before they run out.

You best get some bread and a few cans of soup too whilst your at it...just incase  :rofl: