Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - 1300z 12/1/15 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Gah! It's gone from a very promising freezing point at sunset to 1.5C! At this rate I wont even need to scrape the windscreen. :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Don't think it'll be cold enough for snow in our region, particuarly the further west you go. 

Looks like best chance this week is overnight Tuesday into Wednesday but looking at the GFS in terms of temp, the warmer air that comes in with the Atlantic precip will more than likely mean rain/sleet unless the cold air shifts further west before then.

You should do ok, the 18z showed you under upper air temp of -8c, although it could still change, a few more nudges westward would do us all good

Fromey

Posted

Country File weekly Weather....10deg,Cornwall 

You would be banned for life :rofl:

It would be worth it, I would love for us to get it all!!

Fromey

Gah! It's gone from a very promising freezing point at sunset to 1.5C! At this rate I wont even need to scrape the windscreen. :sorry:

Up here in Frome it's not got below freezing yet currently 2.7c with a bit of a breeze

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperatures should drop after around 2am once cloud starts to break up, It dropped to -1c here and it crept up to +1c now and stable but it will drop later.

Tuesday/Wednesday is looking better maybe just another shift and region could be in line for some of white stuff... :D

• Like 1

Posted

Listening to what the met office are saying seems that fronts are Not going to get much past the Welsh marshes ,so we should see most any wintry weather in western UK, central and eastern parts look  mostly dry ,with temperatures around 4c across  UK confidence is growing in at least seeing a dusting in western UK.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Me!! Live 2 miles from you. Headington.

Ahhh! There are some of us on here then :D Headington you say? My ex lives up there, Mark Road to be precise, haha.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

As many have mentioned temps were lower around 6pm when it got down to 0.8C but its now gone up to 2.9C and has not really gone back down since we need to shift this cloud cover otherwise temps wont get anywhere near as low as forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I think, as usual, it will be down to now casting and a lot of radar watching this week. Let the fun and games begin!

Posted

Ahhh! There are some of us on here then :D Headington you say? My ex lives up there, Mark Road to be precise, haha.

Surely kennington oxfordshire is in the south east? At least it was always on south east weather forecast when I lived in high Wycombe?

Not that I mind I'm just curious.

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Surely kennington oxfordshire is in the south east? At least it was always on south east weather forecast when I lived in high Wycombe?

it's borderline Mully....the same for me & GTLTW, we're on the western boundary of this thread, and the eastern boundary of the south east region.....stuck in no-mans land  :cc_confused: .....central southern I guess?

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted

it's borderline Mully....the same for me & GTLTW, we're on the western boundary of this thread, and the eastern boundary of the south east region.....stuck in no-mans land  :cc_confused:

It is borderline but on the map it is under the south east quadrant I realise we have some adopted welch and midlands already :rofl: . I was just curious.

He aint from the 'village' :diablo:

When I was a lad growing up in 'cough' London I was taught any one north of the Watford gap was a northerner

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 5

Posted

It is borderline but on the map it is under the south east quadrant I realise we have some adopted welch and midlands already :rofl: . I was just curious.

I didn't realise we were letting in foreigners into to our regional thread, check there visas.

Fromey

Edited by fromey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I need to get my directions right, just realized what I posted doh!......we're on the eastern side of this region and western side of the south east.......and now I'm so confused I don't know what my name is or where I come from  :80:

• Like 1

Posted

I need to get my directions right, just realized what I posted doh!......we're on the eastern side of this region and western side of the south east.......and now I'm so confused I don't know what my name is or where I come from  :80:

I'm glad you said something I thought cider was making me mad. :D  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

My friend lives near there. Incidentally Shotover Country Park is right next door and is well elevated. Could do well Wednesday. Good to have someone proper local! Uncle lives in Kennington too.

Posted

Haha. I always feel a bit out of the way in SE thread.I generally class here as Central Southern. We do get Bbc a South Today here so not Points West or Bbc SE today. Enough about locations from me:

Cloudy here,1.7c

Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It is borderline but on the map it is under the south east quadrant I realise we have some adopted welch and midlands already :rofl: . I was just curious.

When I was a lad growing up in 'cough' London I was taught any one north of the Watford gap was a northerner

Haha!! Well, I had been posting only in the Midlands thread up until a few hours ago. Old habits die hard! Oxford is surely South Central though? Kennington is only 1-2 miles from Oxford itself Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 2

Posted

I don't know which home I belong to either :-(

Who let them out tonight...?

post-8911-0-87923900-1421622198_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

I don't know which home I belong to either :-(

Same as us down the a34. Perhaps we could have our own thresd those close to the A34 ;)

• Like 1

Posted

Will it snow in Cardiff? :rofl:

Talking of adopted... :help:

• Like 3