Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

This got to be either one of the most or even the most miserable day of the year so far. It has been drizzle and overcast all day, with a maximum of 5C - I mean seriously, 5C in a blooming Arctic 'cold' spell!

To be fair it has been chilli... but its most certainly not worth it without the snow, and even more so if it is going to rain and stay overcast all day long.

AND... just as I hoped we would get a nice treat of at least some snow to make up for the gloominess and the HP which is about to arrive, it has all fizzled out to the West - meaning just another frost before half a month of dryness, hopefully some sun, but only until Monday when it will be overcast and pretty chilli.

This winter sucks!!!!!!

Edited by Cumulonimbus123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The misery continues in snowless West Midlands.

I did say, I think a week ago today (ish) that the west midlands was the least likely place in the UK to get snow over the last week, think it's proved correct

we need a true greenie/sausage high, beast from the east and -10 uppers, the vintage setup, convective beefy showers, then fronts pushing into the -10 uppers from the S/SW, 0h to be back to the 90's again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The misery continues in snowless West Midlands.

You are so depressing! I loved the cold and frosty days earlier this week, it felt very seasonal. I am less interested in the grey dross we had today. 

• Like 1

Posted

I did say, I think a week ago today (ish) that the west midlands was the least likely place in the UK to get snow over the last week, think it's proved correct

we need a true greenie/sausage high, beast from the east and -10 uppers, the vintage setup, convective beefy showers, then fronts pushing into the -10 uppers from the S/SW, 0h to be back to the 90's again

You also said the Atlantic would be back by the 2nd Feb.

• Like 1

Posted

You also said the Atlantic would be back by the 2nd Feb.

might as well be, this is crap! over weekend its mainly average temps stuck under a cloudy high

• Like 1

Posted

might as well be, this is crap! over weekend its mainly average temps stuck under a cloudy high

Ha! Very true! Although at least with dry weather I can get out with the dog without too much slipping and sliding on the mud. Once the snow melted last Saturday, the dog walks around here were horrific!

He doesn't care though. A muddy dog is a happy dog!

• Like 1

Posted

Raining here quite moderately at 3.2c thought it was mild.

it is mild if it's raining at 305m asl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temperture falling rapidly with fast scudding clouds from the East. (Not even the ENE) with 1.7C curently.

Think I too saw something blowing about in the wind just now.

Don't think it can be much.

Dew points have now dropped to below freezing again as the continental air forces its way westwards.

Should be a nice night with a hard frost with winds forecst to stay above 10 knots and the temperature, dropping down to -1C.

Tomorrow will be a clear crisp day hopefully with quite a bit of sunshine, not like the coldish murk and drizzle we had today.

We need to seee some more really nice changes in the charts now, as we seem to be closing in on a murky high for the next week.

MIA

YAHOO Just realised I am 800 posts old today

Happy Birthday.... Happy Postday.... Happy Postday to me

The wife would murder me if she knew!!.

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

Hooray! We've now got the ideal wind direction for showers off the North Sea coming in from the Lincolnshire coast!

At last! It's taken all week and we've got there!

Now to look at the radar and watch them piling in....

......zoom in, there must be one in there somewhere...

zoom in again

... again

zoom

click

Ah ha!

There's a speck near Melton Mowbray.

Well done winter.

Well done.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 2

Posted

It does feel like someone is playing a massive cosmic joke!! Snow in bleedin' Spain!!

not unusual, as that area is over 500m asl, and on same latitude as new york

Posted

Only 10 degrees south of us after all. Reminds me of that episode in Feb 2012 when it snowed in Rome and rained here...

you mean 4th? was all snow here

Posted

you mean 4th? was all snow here

All rain with a bit of small hail here. Temp was 0C and it rained. Everywhere else seemed to get snow.

The day it snowed in Rome was actually the following Saturday 11th, rained here then too.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

I had a meeting in Five Ways Edgbaston today and it snowed for a good hour from 10am and I thought 'great timed that well' but then it changed to sleet then rain.

When I returned to the car at 4pm it was 4.5c! I couldn't believe it, however, worse was to come, driving north on the M6 the temperature reached 7c near Preston! My God I have known colder south westerlies.

Back home and it's 3c and the lying snow has almost gone.

Andy

• Like 1

Posted

I had a meeting in Five Ways Edgbaston today and it snowed for a good hour from 10am and I thought 'great timed that well' but then it changed to sleet then rain.

When I returned to the car at 4pm it was 4.5c! I couldn't believe it, however, worse was to come, driving north on the M6 the temperature reached 7c near Preston! My God I have known colder south westerlies.

Back home and it's 3c and the lying snow has almost gone.

Andy

welcome to the snowless west midlands, least snowiest part of the UK

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Plenty of snow fallen here the past few weeks just hasnt stuck around much i am dissapointed with the lack of frosts and not even one hoar frost, on this occastion it has been a very weak northerly.

Posted

Icing over hear , just taken bind out and nearly broke my neck !!!

Could be icy and slippy early doors

Posted

See you all in March for Spring, maybe then were finally get some weather again here.

• Like 1

Posted

The weather is getting more and more sluggish. Patterns are lasting longer and becoming less intense.

The only thing of note nowadays is rain, and not because it's especially heavy, just because the pattern sticks around for so long it mounts up.

I can see a boring future where we get eternal autumn the whole year round, regardless of what the rest of the world is doing.

Dull, dull, dull, dull, dull......I'd rather live on the moon, they get more more weather than this part of the Midlands.

I suppose I'd better get back to watching Youtube videos from the 80s and early 90s, when we used to get 'proper' textbook weather, the type I read in every book on weather, and which actually seemed to happen, as a kid.

I was also sold the lie that winters would get more violent and summers more hot and neither have happened, and they were predicted by climate scientists.

• Like 2