BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Gone under the murk at about 17:00!!!!

Temperatures have been rising since started at 1.2C now up to 3.4C

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This is going to be a very very boring 10 days or so Weather wise.

I don't like Weather like this really but there is a good side to it. I sometimes cycle a round trip of 22 miles to work and it's a pleasant ride when it's dry with light winds.

The Weather watcher part of me would rather see heavy rain or snow though!

Posted

This is going to be a very very boring 10 days or so Weather wise.

I don't like Weather like this really but there is a good side to it. I sometimes cycle a round trip of 22 miles to work and it's a pleasant ride when it's dry with light winds.

The Weather watcher part of me would rather see heavy rain or snow though!

Latest update..........

GFS follows the ECM and brings a trough down over the Uk at day 6.............

followed by a Scandi high!!!! (well a baby one) From little things

This is a major climbdown by the GFS..

It will probably not exist tomorrow though!

MIA 

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Now had the longest run of air frosts since late march/april 2013 min of -1.8c with a white frost looks like another sunny day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Back in the Midlands today for a few days. Hopefully see some sun. Been very sunny for the last 5 or 6 days here now. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS 00Z looks all wrong again, after friday 13th, showing an easterly although not cold, UKMO and ECM right again here

Posted

Another severe frost at -5.1C. Not misty this morning, but I could see a bank of fog away to the east. Clear blue skies.

Posted

GFS 00Z looks all wrong again, after friday 13th, showing an easterly although not cold, UKMO and ECM right again here

ILTS

Not sure about this post.

The ECM was the first to pick the dropping low scenario on thursday/friday runs. It was too far out for MO at that stage. ECM on one run (totally unsupported at that stage) afterwards brought in an easterly following the sinking low. It was 10 days out, so present but at that stage discounted. The MO can only see it when we get to 6days out. (Ie today or tomorrow).

The GFS whilst all this was going on had no sign of any dropping trough, and had 2 centers of high pressure over or around us for the whole two weeks of the run.

It suddenly picked up on the dropping troughing only late on saturday at 6 days away, and has now moved on to start to develop a Scandy high from it.

It seems a fairly logical progression to me and to say that ECM disagrees is a bit misleading as ECM op runs have showed this development, and with the strenghtening signal of lows dropping from the northwest over us, must always be considered a possibility as explained at great length by Tamara for the last 2 weeks.

PS GFS has performed very badly at 10 days

Anyway enough from the models.

Today is a mainly cloudy day here with a few very quick sunny breaks.

THe wind is also quite a fresh northerly (not expecting this).

Temp min 3.5C overnight now at 5.0C

Of interest this is my first night without a frost since Feb started.

MIA 

• Like 2

Posted

Its a very mixed bag across the country today and this is HP more interesting.

Fog came across for an hour this morning from the NW which is unusual, now wall to wall sun except for them annoying long plane trails to the north of here 2.5c looking cooler to yesterday I think.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Nice cold sunny day here.

Boring, but nice. Better than 8c + drizzle. 

• Like 1

Posted

Another lovely sunny day. Tomorrow is forecast overcast and no frost. That's the same as forecast yesterday and today, so we shall see.

Posted

Today was forecast to be dull and milder across most of the country besides a small strip in wales and part of NE England hmm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

What lovely day :) after the low cloud cleared this morning, Wall to Wall Sunshine, Felt again the same as yesterday....Spring like :)

Always a bonus when the forecast is for dull crappy weather and Instead.... Blue, Blue and more Blue :D

Costa Del Fal... hope it last for ya :hi:

Currently 5.5c.

Posted

What lovely day :) after the low cloud cleared this morning, Wall to Wall Sunshine, Felt again the same as yesterday....Spring like :)

Always a bonus when the forecast is for dull crappy weather and Instead.... Blue, Blue and more Blue :D

Costa Del Fal... hope it last for ya :hi:

Currently 5.5c.

Did you catch the sunset yesterday evening, Dancer? Absolutely breathtaking colours.

Might be another one on the way tonight :)

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Did you catch the sunset yesterday evening, Dancer? Absolutely breathtaking colours.

Might be another one on the way tonight :)

Bish

Yes i did :shok:  driving back from Castle Brom... just before 5 it was...(deep deep orange)

Also driving down the M40 to wellsbourne this morning at 7:30 great sun rise, same again breathtaking  :smile:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

It is atleast nice to wake up in the morning to just-about-daylight (7am) and the sun is rising as I head out in the car to work. And nice and sunny on the way home too.

Definitely sucks arriving + leaving in the dark.

• Like 1

Posted

It is atleast nice to wake up in the morning to just-about-daylight (7am) and the sun is rising as I head out in the car to work. And nice and sunny on the way home too.

Definitely sucks arriving + leaving in the dark.

Couldn't agree more, but I'll have to be honest i like it getting dark in November because i know Winters on it's way :cold: :cold: :cold:

But yes the lighter mornings... Me :hi: like :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Had a few days off the forum...birthday busy-ness...but I'm back now a year older and a year ... Wiser (?)

Weather today hasn't been noticeable at all really but I had noticed how light it was getting to and from work. On the lead up to winter I love the dark nights like you DWW but I'm now getting ready to open my caravan back up ready for the Spring. Hopefully this year may get to wake up to this one day again just like when we had the snow early April a few years ago ....

post-22999-0-00422600-1423505890_thumb.j

Edited by Snowsie
  • Like 2

Posted

A very belated "Happy Birthday", Snowsie :)

giphy.gif

Bish

Thank you...have a piece of cake 🰠and a drink 🺠on me in celebration

Cheers

Edited by Snowsie
  • Like 1

Posted

Had a few days off the forum...birthday busy-ness...but I'm back now a year older and a year ... Wiser (?)

Weather today hasn't been noticeable at all really but I had noticed how light it was getting to and from work. On the lead up to winter I love the dark nights like you DWW but I'm now getting ready to open my caravan back up ready for the Spring. Hopefully this year may get to wake up to this one day again just like when we had the snow early April a few years ago ....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Snowsie,

I may have the start of better news for you. :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :cc_confused:  :pardon:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

The ECM model this evening has gone back to its friday's version which as I posted earlier on today shows an easterly of sorts by this sunday or monday

I have just watched ITV and BBC forecasts and they are showing the low pressure troughs moving in by friday and then slowly passing over us whilst dropping south eastwards. S Murr has just forecast a rain to snow event for us based on the ECM  chart for sunday.

However, and as  I suggested earlier, it is  looking more and more likely  that high pressure could start to built from the east into Scandinavia from the remains of our current high (been pushed eastwards this week) and the Siberian high pushing west. 

It looks feasible to me, the drawback is that there is no real cold left in Europe to help set up a real cold easterly.

MO seems to be following the ECM route. GFS has shown this as a possible scenario. Many times  in the past cold spells  have been spotted by the models, only to be dropped, before later being verified.

Could it happen this time? I hope so. Odds are still only 3-1 though. We need GFS back onboard soon, then it will go up to 50:50. 

However one thing is certain, and that is the anticyclonic spell is rapidly coming to an end at the end of this week. Whether it rebuilds in the same place next week is unknown!

MIA

• Like 2

Posted

Thanks MIA

Will be watching hopefully. Am off work next week and staying in Stratford so a snow event would be great timing although my daughter might not be so pleased if her falconry experience at Hatton is cancelled. It was a present from 🎅

Edited by Snowsie

Posted

Temp was -1.8C earlier this evening, but has since risen to +2.8C now. Cloud has arrived and it feels completely different outside.

Edited by picog