Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Still a bit of snow on the grass here, but most has melted. Not that we had much anyway.

Posted

What side of Hinckley are you tornado - we barely got a couple of cm off - near nutts lane!

Burbage to be more precise

Dont quote me on on the 5cm ive not been out lol.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

Don`t worry it,ll get upto 7c today across the east.

Nothing here last night but a slight thaw or did it rain slightly possible,froze since.

It probably rained. It did everywhere else west of Birmingham.

Southend has snow. Southend, in a NW-ly. While here exposed to the NW it was just rain after 11pm. Absolute joke.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Some cold sbell this turning out to be not even a dusting here. At least winter 2013-2014 was better in a sence we did have exciting weather though we didn't have snow. As for this winter the only snow events have been for the favoured places who always get snow anyway. Some cold hearted winter this turning out to be, so far this winter has been crap for these parts.

Posted

Its my day off today, may take a flask of coffee and go for a drive, the question is - where!! any ideas on locations guys? 

Posted

Its my day off today, may take a flask of coffee and go for a drive, the question is - where!! any ideas on locations guys?

The peak District! Edited by snowpuppy
  • Like 1

Posted

Glossop or dronfield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Buxton has had over 1 metre of snow since Boxing day!  Pity the TV channels are only interest in USA Snow!!

Currently 30cm on the ground at 300m and most roads blocked again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Buxton looks good.... infact any part of the peak district looks great today..... snow day schools closed kids are getting into there snow clothes and its time for fun.... Not had time to read previous pages so here is hoping you all got a good snow fall last night....if you missed out this time im sure your time will come.

• Like 1

Posted

The peak District!

Glossop south in peak, buxton, if you can get there driving?

Roads are pretty bad especially side roads no work so snow day it bloody cold though lol

Not moving car after Å·esterdays escapades.... At least trains are working, off to padfield to paint house before tenants move n tomorrow... Another reason i moved here from kent, aside for the snow, reliable trains!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Had a good fall of snow in manchester city centre last nite:-) all gone this morning tho. Cheshire gap tonite???

• Like 1

Posted

Had a good fall of snow in manchester city centre last nite:-) all gone this morning tho. Cheshire gap tonite???

Thnk its more of a band of showers but maybe a streamer could set up, have to look at radars later....

Posted

As it's Friday, the traffic will be bad most places by the afternoon.

I would stay at home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

If you have winter Tyres Fox House Longshaw estate in Peak District would be a great choice only 8 miles from Sheff but at around 350mASL there is well over a 1ft of snow an big drifts.

Posted

yes you are right really, but feel the need to not waste the day and go and find the snow!!!! 

Unfortunatley i don't have winter tyres  :(  and not the most confident of drivers in the snow if I'm honest, but Im just so excited...!  

Edited by shep

Posted

Unfortunatley i don't have winter tyres   :(  and not the most confident of drivers in the snow if I'm honest, but Im just so excited...!  

Stay in and watch Frozen  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

yes you are right really, but feel the need to not waste the day and go and find the snow!!!! 

Unfortunatley i don't have winter tyres  :(  and not the most confident of drivers in the snow if I'm honest, but Im just so excited...!

Roads may well have been cleared now but yesterday i didn't dare venture past holmesfield which easily had 1ft+ of snow up to Owler Bar and Fox house just incase i got stuck because as you get towards Owler Bar the road is notorious for snow drifting across the road an blocking it.

There is one steep hill on the way back which is the reason is didn't venture past Holmesfield i knew that if i got stuck there i would not get back home.

I would say it's well worth a trip up to Fox House today though Snow Ploughs have been out i don't think you will be dissapointed well worth the Journey.