Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A dusting on top of what was lying here in Quinton, Birmingham. Back in Stoke there was a few CM when Ieft particulary on grass but it wasn't cold enough to freeze. I do worry the melt rate was too quick especially with temps tomorrow rising. Not sure how that band will do later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

sounds awesome!

Can't believe some people are going to bed when there's a chance of heavy snow, yeah it might be rain but have to wait and see!

We must be the true enthusiasts

I'm happy to stay up, but unfortunately my eyes are closing so I won't see anything anyway....

Traitors that they are.

Posted

Still coming down well here. Estimate couple cm on pavements. Bout 4 on the grass

Posted

The second band has reached here & it seems to be.........SNOW!

Hopefully get a couple inches from that lot

Posted

The second band has reached here & it seems to be.........SNOW!

Fantastic. Projected radar looks good for snow for a couple of hours. Fingers crossed.

Posted
RobR, on 30 Jan 2015 - 01:06, said:

Fantastic. Projected radar looks good for snow for a couple of hours. Fingers crossed.

Look out the Window Rob, you're only a mile away & a couple of hundred feet higher!

Posted

went out at 7.30pm thinking that's it, but was I wrong Blood-- hell its massive at the moment at moment.

still snowing moderate now,

Posted

Look out the Window Rob, you're only a mile away & a couple of hundred feet higher!

I wish I could, I'm 52 miles away at work in Birmingham. Radar watching it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Can't believe how many people have seen lying snow around the entire of the country today except here..virtually everyone!! We've had 2-3 sugar dustings on dry surfaces away from pathways. Farcical compared to others! Suppose we weren't forecast all that much and that's the nature of showers, but it would have been nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

I'm sat looking over the road looking for that orangey tinge to the clouds

yep......have them on my W horizon......and from the look of the radar, we will be broadsided captain

with what?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

yep......have them on my W horizon......and from the look of the radar, we will be broadsided captain

with what?

Radar looks good snow or rain incoming very soon whatever it is could last a few hours

• Like 1

Posted

Snow here now, short drive up to gentleshaw radders!

Bit extreme at this time mate! Sleety rain here. Drip, drip puddle! You literally drive into Rugeley from all directions. With a power station too, it's literally the worst place to be in the Midlands for marginal snow events, no joke!

Posted

Bit extreme at this time mate! Sleety rain here. Drip, drip puddle! You literally drive into Rugeley from all directions. With a power station too, it's literally the worst place to be in the Midlands for marginal snow events, no joke!

where abouts in rug? By the leisure centre as you're coming out the woods into rug or other side?

Posted

where abouts in rug? By the leisure centre as you're coming out the woods into rug or other side?

Right at the back of McDonalds/Amazon warehouse - I look out my bank window, see the canal, then a 100M walk to the road that runs right next to the power station. I used to work at Amazon and left at 1-50 to start a 2pm shift.

Do you know where the main arches are in rugeley? Once you go through horse fair..can go straight or right up to the A51 towards Lichfield?

Edited by PolarWarsaw