Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

According to my other half, it looks to be raining slightly in Stoke. 

Posted

well that was  fantastic, talk about snowmageddon, unbeleivable, have a lull at moment but radars are showing round two soon and looking, and round two looks better than round 1.

so heavy in 50mins, hope next lot keeps its structure for here, there must be some huge falls on the higher Peaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still no PPN has reached here in the last 4 hours. Worryingly though, the ice that was on the bin earlier has melted. *gulp*

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Right at the back of McDonalds/Amazon warehouse - I look out my bank window, see the canal, then a 100M walk to the road that runs right next to the power station. I used to work at Amazon and left at 1-50 to start a 2pm shift.

Do you know where the main arches are in rugeley? Once you go through horse fair..can go straight or right up to the A51 towards Lichfield?

so on the side closest to Bromley? Don't know the area too well, had a couple games of football at the power station and been lesisure centre a few times, when you drive in through the woods you can see a big decline in asl on approach

Posted

Off to bed now, everything is soaking wet outside, this winter is turning into an even worse one than last winter. At least last time there was no marginality, it was rain everywhere.

Snow in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, down towards London. Bloody Shrewsbury gets rain. Again.

Posted

Still no PPN has reached here in the last 4 hours. Worryingly though, the ice that was on the bin earlier has melted. *gulp*

good god ANDY I cannot believe that, I really feel for you, having seen your posts for quite a few years now you needed to have witnessed the last 50mins here in North West Derbys.

it been extra special NOT 35CMS that takes 4 or five hours to build but WOW its was so good for last hour, especially when you leave the pub with heavy snow and just starting to white over, and 40mins latter your in the street surrounded by Winterfell (HA Ha) plenty more to come, tonight. Maybe round two could start to veer more SSE so Leicester in the firing line rather than North Derbys, hope the temps, dps, are the right side for YOU, here its 0.5c with a dp of -2.2.

good luck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

good god ANDY I cannot believe that, I really feel for you, having seen your posts for quite a few years now you needed to have witnessed the last 50mins here in North West Derbys.

it been extra special NOT 35CMS that takes 4 or five hours to build but WOW its was so good for last hour, especially when you leave the pub with heavy snow and just starting to white over, and 40mins latter your in the street surrounded by Winterfell (HA Ha) plenty more to come, tonight. Maybe round two could start to veer more SSE so Leicester in the firing line rather than North Derbys, hope the temps, dps, are the right side for YOU, here its 0.5c with a dp of -2.2.

good luck

I'm in Oxford now dude, I would be more optimistic had I been in Leicester!

Posted

round two just started here, and its instantly moderate, with a few heavy bursts, radar looks good for 20mins maybe, need to keep a more West to East flow, if this keeps up cold have another 60mins of this.

temps now 0.4 and dps of -2.2 so conditions look good for heavy wet snow.

Posted

Snows back after abrief lull. Struggling to properly settle on roads etc but grass seems completely covered. Roads are whitish need an hour of heavy snow to do the job.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Started as snow now heavy rain and temps have risen rapldly

Snow R.I.P its been a great day looks like the mild uppers are marching east peaks could get a real pasting but anywhere else expect sleet or rain, this polar low ironically has turned out to be the bearer of bad uppers. Rain bouncing of the ground now.

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Looks like it has turned to sleet over Stoke. Gutted!

Posted

Think my asl has kept me just the right side of marginal, however after this band passes I fit right into the dry slot, probably a sign to go to bed, this snow should last for another 15 mins tops

Overall I am satisfied with the past 12 hours, better than anything last year, just a shame I couldn't get a decent accumulation building up 1-2cm

Posted

I'm in Oxford now dude, I would be more optimistic had I been in Leicester!

what you doing down there, moving further away from the Northern Winter lands, mind you closer to London and all that stuff. But you will miss the  snow action the further South you go. My sons in London this year and he,s seen guess WHAT no snow, but up here this is our 3rd settling fall of over 5cms since Boxing day, as I type its still snowing heavy, 20 people stuck at work today at 2.00pm and all main  roads closed because of accidents or blocked because of snow fall

Posted

Looks like it has turned to sleet over Stoke. Gutted!

Heavy snow here atm

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy snow again here.

Temp 0.5c

Dp -1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Temp was 0 now 3 degrees and rising thats the damage this polar low has caused

Temp was 0 now 3 degrees and rising thats the damage this polar low has caused

Very heavy rain now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Temp was 0 now 3 degrees and rising thats the damage this polar low has causedTemp was 0 now 3 degrees and rising thats the damage this polar low has causedVery heavy rain now

That is unreal we hsd heavy rain at first, then it just changed

Had heavy snow for about an hour now, probably about 5cm

Down.

C.s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Nooooo.........Sleet :nonono:

Edit ; Really....just when you thought you were getting used to this weather milarky

your introduced to a new system with the word `Polar` in.......only to find that it actually warms thing up

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 2