Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Just had a quick rain shower temp is currently 3.9c. These "streamers" are all likely to be rain.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

The met-office warnings for Saturday and Tuesday don't really cover my area, especially Tuesday's, so nothing to get too animated over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

The met-office warnings for Saturday and Tuesday don't really cover my area, especially Tuesday's, so nothing to get too animated over.

I wouldnt worry to much about the met things are changing all the time. Just look at tomoz yesterday it said it was dry now forecast rain sleet and snow throughout.

Posted

Amazing still got some snow cover. Stayed as sleet, snow last nite. Snow melting rapidly now. Do we have another chance tonite but its going to be marginal once again lol. Monday into tues is looking good there wont be anything marginal about that.

Looks like now will be the least cold part today,get more colder tonight as the wind finally switches to the NW slightly colder uppers also,the wind has been mostly west so far,slight NW/west today,sunday looks much colder.

Had mix of rain/sleet/hail and snow showers just recently.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Woke up to a nice covering in stoke this morning (kidsgrove area), although a partial melt is happening at the moment :-\

Last shower was more sleet than snow, but hopefully when the temperature drops this evening the cheshire gap will prove its worth again :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Morning guys (well afternoon)...

Slow thaw of 'lying' snow..!! 

Temperature about 4C, with a quick rain/sleet shower just passing through.. 

Cheshire gap does seem to be becoming active now.. See if this is the end of the warmer uppers and we get some colder ones this pm and into tomorrow.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Rather pleasant here at the moment. Chilly but the sun is shining, and I'll take that over the heavy (rain, of course) shower we had around 11am.

Posted

Are we due a bit of snow overnight then ?

I think there is meant be a more organized band of showers going thru our region late on tonight

Posted

Not aware of anyting for you guys in the East.

There are possibilities of a NNW cheshire gap streamer setting up for us guys in the west.

The radar shows another batch of heavy showers moving SSE towards the Isle of Man and the north Wales coast.

Will it be sufficiently cold for snow by then? 

MIA

Edit - It seems as though MO have a trough for tomorrow down the Irish Sea.

So its anyones guess.

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Advice please.my son was really fed up that he had to go to school today!! Do we have he confidence to tell him that there could be some more snow tongiht?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Did no-one see the 9.53pm extended BBC News weather last night?

They showed a possibility of a huge swathe of snow NW to SE across the whole of England, due to a battleground event (mild damp air meeting cold air).

They said they weren't sure yet whether it would happen more to the SW and across the Irish see, but there was a possibility of it being across England, and giving widespread snow.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned in any forecasts - beginning to think I dreamt it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

As expected milder today, normal January day really, early snow long thawed, hope the cold from Sunday produces some snow, more than just a dusting

Posted

They showed a possibility of a huge swathe of snow NW to SE across the whole of England, due to a battleground event (mild damp air meeting cold air).

They said they weren't sure yet whether it would happen more to the SW and across the Irish see, but there was a possibility of it being across England, and giving widespread snow.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned in any forecasts - beginning to think I dreamt it!

Fiz,

No you didn't dream it.

The BBC have put out an advanced wether warning about it.

However it was based upon a small Icelandic low diving SSe to be over Ireland and Sw England. down into Biscay.

The latest has it going more directly south. Don't think with all the other hemisphere changes going on that they can pick the track accurately enough yet!!

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Did they say what day?

Posted

Nope, it will be rain away from the peaks/hills. 300m+

Advice please.my son was really fed up that he had to go to school today!! Do we have he confidence to tell him that there could be some more snow tongiht?

Not this evening, but there is potential for a sprinkling Sunday/Monday and possibly from the west when this cold spell breaks down - probably next weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Not this evening, but there is potential for a sprinkling Sunday/Monday and possibly from the west when this cold spell breaks down - probably next weekend.

It's not looking great to be honest. Unless the models pick up some troughs or features running down the country, it looks pretty snow free for the Midlands between now and Monday at the earliest. Even then it looks unlikely.

Posted

Cheers ...I won't have a very happy 9 year old tonight!!!

HIs dad's not that happy either :(

Posted

This cold spell doesn't look anywhere near as good to me as it

did a few days ago.

The temperatures don't look really low, even next week looking

at the BBC forecasts and there doesn't appear to be much in the way of snow, apart from coastal

areas.

Just dry days and a few frosts.

Edited by The Wolf

Posted

Ah well.Virtually all of the snow washed away, except for some on the grass. Just had a heavy sleet shower though & a bus went pas from the hill above (about 800ft), covered in snow, so we're still pretty close around here. Such a shame about this "mild" Northerly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

The met is actually becoming laughable in the last few hours its had me down for bone dry saturday. Then sleet and rain, now the latest says snow showers tonite and tomoz. So its take your pick. And has snow all through tues. Makes you think whats the point if they cant even forecast acurately for the next day.

• Like 1

Posted

This cold spell doesn't look anywhere near as good to me as it

did a few days ago.

The temperatures don't look really low, even next week looking

at the BBC forecasts and there doesn't appear to be much in the way of snow, apart from coastal

areas.

Just dry days and a few frosts.

Yeah I know what you mean, don't want to appear negative, and it was great to see so much snow last night, but the tempatures have just not been low enough!!!