Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely beautiful afternoon here and looks like another stonking summer day today, how wonderful. The last week has been so depressingly vile, it's great to see clear skies and hot sun. Humidity really is a tiny price to pay.

Posted

For the last couple of years there's only been two seasons in this neck of the woods( south wales valleys) Spring-Autumn, to find out the other months i need to look at books to tell me what they were. If that yellow blob comes out for more than 1 day it's called a heat wave :nonono:. Even when most of England had the mid 30's we had the low 20's and cloud. :sorry:  At the rate we going we'll be having barbecue's on the beach on chrimbo day.  :crazy:

Posted

The real problem for this summer is that I don't think a high pressure has sat over the UK for any length of time, once this summer.

Looking at Roger Brugge's page, there doesn't seem to have been a 1030+ pressure reading anywhere in the UK all July and August. That's really poor for high summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

In the last 7 years, there have been 4 poorer summers than 1965 for Manchester according to the summer index.

I remember 1965 as chilly and cloudy but not particularly wet.  Winter '65 was exceptionally snowy.   For two appalling wet and cold summers look no further than1962 and '63

Bear in mind my location at the time: Wirral

Posted

Absolutely beautiful afternoon here and looks like another stonking summer day today, how wonderful. The last week has been so depressingly vile, it's great to see clear skies and hot sun. Humidity really is a tiny price to pay.

The third totally sunless day this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Summer 2015 was to be a washout as predicted by some due to the El Nino

....nailed on or lucky - does Nino have any substance?

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Experts-predict-washout-summer-2015/story-26495802-detail/story.html

also  that after the 2010 Nino and similar summer it was of course a legendary  harsh winter.

......probably be a blowtorch Winter :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Summer 2015 was to be a washout as predicted by some due to the El Nino

....nailed on or lucky - does Nino have any substance?

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Experts-predict-washout-summer-2015/story-26495802-detail/story.html

also  that after the 2010 Nino and similar summer it was of course a legendary  harsh winter.

......probably be a blowtorch Winter :D

"Experts predict washout summer for 2015" - but then the article doesn't quote a single expert saying anything of the sort. *sigh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

31c this afternoon not far from the magic 90f ..this makes it now 25 days of 25c or above this summer..not bad at all.

Posted

This afternoon brightened with some sun, felt warm on my bike wearing just a stringie on top.  Just heard a loud bang - the matinee for an interesting night?

Posted

Much better today thanks to the plume pushing west a bit further than forecast. That it happened on a Saturday is even better. Grateful for some decent weather even if just a few hours.

A lovely day here today 25c and Sunny for the afternoon/ the past week has had some very strange weather. Last weekend decent with long sunny spells, nice Monday, glorious Tuesday.

Wednesday - Friday probably the worst 3 day spell of the summer, overcast with period of rain some heavy. All in all a complete contrast.

Coastal parts of South Wales tend to be far sunnier than inland areas.

Much better today thanks to the plume pushing west a bit further than forecast. That it happened on a Saturday is even better. Grateful for some decent weather even if just a few hours.

Indeed a pleasent surprise, it was meant to be as bad as the past 3 days.

Edited by J10

Posted

Beautiful summer day here, long sunny spells and just stopped short of 30 degrees. Tonight could even beat June 30's minimum here of 19.3. On the whole though I'd say we've been having a pretty average summer here - could have done with HP overhead for a few days to make it into a decent one. Nothing like as good as 2013 but far and away better than the dreadful summer of 2012.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

Indeed a pleasent surprise, it was meant to be as bad as the past 3 days.

Yes a very good day to end summer with today and a bonus with that very warm upper air and small low bringing that east wind and thunderstorms to end the day lasting over an hour.

Summer has been salvaged.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Seem to have missed out again! Cloud all day,just an hour and a half of sun at 4pm only for black skies and thunderstorms to spoil it with a max of 22 deg seven degrees short of those in the south !

Posted

Well that storm has put August up in my estimation, it wont score as low as 2008, 2010 or 2014 even if theres no more sun at all (which seems a distinct possibility...)

Sunny Augusts seem like a distant memory now....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I have to say, summer 2015 has been poor for any lengthy periods of warm and settled weather, but it has been an excellent one in the thunder department, in my neck of the woods. :)

Lucky for some. 2014 was great for storms here, but this year has seen next to nothing. Hopefully the next couple of days can deliver something to salvage this irritatingly stormless season.

Sad that the forecast's shows 15C (which is the September Average) for the rest of the week and next week. Today might be the last day of warmth. Goodbye, Summer!

Posted

See parts of Scotland are in the high 20s today, we haven't hit 25 here since the first half of July. If it can do it up there why can't... Even more amazing that storm kicked off like it did last night, with the total lack of heat and sunshine.

Many places in the UK still not made 100 hours for the month, including several in southern England.

Posted

Temp here dropped from 24C to 16C in two hours under this afternoon's heavy rain. Didn't think the warmth would last. Looks like autumn has now arrived looking at what we can expect this coming week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

At least next week we should stay mostly dry up here - was looking like a washout but the models have now seemed to agree on the bulk or all the rainfall just staying south of here. Possibly some heavy showers around. Highs of around 19-21C depending on the day. Could be worse, I suppose.

Oh, and more T&L today. Not much though - some very heavy rain, and a further 14mm. My back garden has moss.. not a common sight by any means. Monthly rainfall is now 80mm but only on 6 days and more than half has fallen within the past 48 hours alone! Usually such wet months have 10+ rain days. The fact that most of it has fallen from thunderstorms means I don't care.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It always seems to me like the last week of August is always cool and unsettled. I don't know of any instances where this hasn't been the case. Even in the hot August 1995, the last week was much cooler and fresher than the rest of the month...

Seems common, doesn't it? I've looked at data from Leeds Weather Centre and and the final 5-7 days of August being much cooler than the rest of the month is a recurrent theme, though it isn't always the case. August 1990 had a warm final week, for example, and so did August 1991.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Probably because time of year getting on, I would have thought late Aug would be more autumn feeling than summer, only 2 months until clocks

• Like 1