Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Its lightly spitting out of mid-level mess.

Still very humid, but if I was a guessing man would plump on it being over for my area today, despite it being very humid still and the sun fighting through the Ac.

That's the joys (or woes) of plumes...you never can tell...the storms which have fired however, very impressive specimens and am deeply envious of those who enjoyed them :D

Edit - I think the line of precip just overhead here and swiftly moving east could develop into storms in the very near future...I'd keep an eye on that those who are further east!!

Re-edit - yup! Looking at it from underneath and towers starting to form...round two for similar sort of areas as earlier I suspect.

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

We have a LOT of unwanted cloud here which I think is gonna suppress potential for this afternoon - although I am heading into central London for a job and then with any luck I'll be free to head up the A1 and maybe I'll be allowed to see some lightning?

I can say I saw the birth of those big storms which still rattle on in Anglia but that doesn't make for very interesting pictures (which was kinda the whole point).

Anyway good luck to everyone for today's chasing or casual watching - and for those who got storms earlier I hope you made the most of them, got out of bed and watched!!

Posted

From what I can make out with the naked eye, a fresh line forming across W Kent/E London drifting NE...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Lots more showers seem to be developing in Yorkshire now. Small at the mo but, if you look at the big storm off the Humber there are developments on its left shoulder. Here we have just had a light shower and it is overcast  and 13.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

We have a LOT of unwanted cloud here which I think is gonna suppress potential for this afternoon - although I am heading into central London for a job and then with any luck I'll be free to head up the A1 and maybe I'll be allowed to see some lightning?

I can say I saw the birth of those big storms which still rattle on in Anglia but that doesn't make for very interesting pictures (which was kinda the whole point).

Anyway good luck to everyone for today's chasing or casual watching - and for those who got storms earlier I hope you made the most of them, got out of bed and watched!!

The ones here look like storm builders.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Warm at 18C and humid...hopefully this cloud that's not really doing anything can move away quickly now to let the sun get to work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Heavy rain here again which has just popped up out of nowhere, something to watch as this could blow up as it tracks north east.

Looking at the radar, I think the end-game line is easy to see as it is that narrow band of patchy rain running up from Southampton up to the Wash, anywhere east should see some more storms but once that narrow band of rain pushes east then I suspect conditions will dry up.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Anyone east of the  red Line = storms..

Anyone east of the Yellow line 20% chance 

attachicon.gifSTORM RISK.jpg

Really? Would be absolutely chuffed. According to the Netweather storm risk calculator we're in for 1300 CAPE with -5 LI until about midday when it all dissipates. It is really hot and humid out there at the moment but there isn't a cloud in the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cloud rapidly breaking here, that sun feels hot! Very humid too.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Sun breaking through here in SE London and heat/humidity rocketing.

So far areas from Brighton in a line up through SE London then across to Ipswich and points East of here have enjoyed scattered thunderstorms,some severe with torrential rain.

So,far from a 'bust' this event even though the vast majority have missed out today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Would say its game over for the London area, i did wake up to thunder in the distance around 5am and then a storm overhead at around 6am so I'm not going to complain, feels like summer for once!. Heres to more plumes in the coming months eh?

Edited by John1990

Posted

Gutted...sky an absolute textbook swathe of AcCas and feeling humid still too, however clear skies behind it.

Think there is still scope for thunderstorms but further north and east of me I'm afraid to say :cray:

post-3790-0-64528700-1433494095_thumb.jp

post-3790-0-53211700-1433494113_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Another small storm has passed over, few rumbles, very messy looking with not much structure at all. Cracks of thunder every 10 mins or so, had an absolutely massive shot gun crack of thunder which tripped the electricity and set off building alarms. Now disappearing in same direction as previous, clearer skies approaching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

A bright, blue, baking day here in Limousin - just the day for lawn mowing! Some of you folks certainly got your storms this morning...hope you enjoyed them.

Posted

I had a storm near me but because is was so high up I wasn't able to to see any lightning

Posted

Storms developing in the Kent channel, Folkestone,Dover,Margate,Whitstable areas could have a productive few hours ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Not an awful lot happening here, this is looking west.

There's a nice breeze as well, doesn't feel all to humid.

post-14846-0-72882200-1433496401_thumb.j

Edited by tomp456

Posted
Seems about right looking at the latest radar grab,although i think the warning is too far West in its coverage,i think the ship has sailed storm wise for areas Such as London,Sussex etc.Kent could well be doing well for much of the day as will parts of Essex.