Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted

Well after a soggy school run I went for a bike ride in the eye of this weather system which plonked itself over Canterbury for a couple of hours. Didn't rain once from 10.00 - 12.00 ,Sun even came out for a bit, until the centre shifed slightly south , at which point it started tipping down agan. Quite a bit of localised flooding on the roads, huge puddles etc..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Heavy (ish) rain on and off before 12pm

Roads and pavements dried up nicely now.

Sun just made an appearance!

Looking forward to some dry weather Friday onwards!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Sunny spells and showers today with some beautiful convective cloudscapes. No thunder though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I warned everyone back in July August when I saw that cool pool and other factors.. we are heading for a VERY wet and windy winter with storms.. 

I'm going to be more optimistic. Dr. Keeling and supported by the CFS winter charts in his latest video are going for a more southerly running jet than normal, typically running close to southern UK. He even marked one chart (showing wind anomaly) which suggested the jet could even run south of the UK.

The pressure anomaly he presented was Low pressure over southern UK and Europe and High pressure to the N/NW of the UK (near Iceland). (So at least no damn Bartlett!!).

So my thinking is that in that set-up, it doesn't take much for the jet and lows to run just a little further south, with high pressure just a little closer to our north.... and BINGO we could have a Low running along the Channel or northern France and pulling in very cold E/SE air on it's northern flank. Some of the UK's best blizzards have arisen from that scenario. Don't give up hope yet guys!  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.
I would put as much faith in that, as I do the Daily Express weather headlines.... No one knows what this winter will bring this far out. Keep the faith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny weather regardless of the season, thunder storms, frost, snow

It is a bright, bright sunshiney day here in London. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wow, the sky is a funny colour, blue I think it's called? Gorgeous sunny morning here, chilly too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Sunshine, some cloud and after the run of cool, cloudy and wet days it is most welcome.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Very pleasant day in the North Norfolk coast - a bit chilly and blustery, but what do you expect for autumn? 

• Like 1

Posted

took the  wife  and grand  parents   to R A F Duckford  its was a sunny  and very pleasent touch  windy  but nice day enjoyed  by all!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Decent enough day here, dry with sunny spells.

Posted

moning all  that band  of rain  sinking our way seems  to bee geting a touch more harder  rain once its headung   into our area

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Yes, the rain was fairly heavy earlier this morning. It's stopped now and there's the first sign of it brightening up - Sat24 shows the back edge nicely. Good breeze blowing and 13.3C.

09.30  post-20040-0-01803200-1443083446_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm going to be more optimistic. Dr. Keeling and supported by the CFS winter charts in his latest video are going for a more southerly running jet than normal, typically running close to southern UK. He even marked one chart (showing wind anomaly) which suggested the jet could even run south of the UK.

The pressure anomaly he presented was Low pressure over southern UK and Europe and High pressure to the N/NW of the UK (near Iceland). (So at least no damn Bartlett!!).

So my thinking is that in that set-up, it doesn't take much for the jet and lows to run just a little further south, with high pressure just a little closer to our north.... and BINGO we could have a Low running along the Channel or northern France and pulling in very cold E/SE air on it's northern flank. Some of the UK's best blizzards have arisen from that scenario. Don't give up hope yet guys!  :)

I would put as much faith in that, as I do the Daily Express weather headlines.... No one knows what this winter will bring this far out. Keep the faith

He has been wrong many times and a lot of it is just estimates, like us having 8 days of snow. I would actually prefer a mild winter being forecast as the total opposite keeps happening. The long range weather is predictably unpredictable. :cc_confused:  I will use weather folk lore myself and count how many foggy  days/nights we have in October, they  are supposed to be a prediction of how many snow falls we will get in a winter. Last winter I had one and  got one snow fall, the other winter, no fog at all and no snow either. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Had one shower today at around 1535. But mostly just sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another reasonable day, dry with sunny spells. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Nearly all dry today W00T! :clapping:

Posted

Not a drop of rain today makes a change. I do like D. Keeling but several times he has backtracked exemplifying how scatty LRF is. The odds of a colder winter definitely exceeds that of a warner one in the past few winters we've had a southerly running jet seems to be a regular occurrence in recent years. I feel this is due to seawater being more diluted by snow/ice melt and so the jet is behaving more volatile.

Posted

Not a cloud in the sky and not a breath of wind - this should be a lovely day. Just need the temp to recover from an overnight low of 5C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very nice day here with lots of sunshine. Feeling warm in the sun at 17C and the vile wind is quite light for a nice change.