Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A grey old day with spits & spots of rain. The wind has got up this pm and at 14.5C it's now making it feel chillier than the last couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

A grey old day with spits & spots of rain. The wind has got up this pm and at 14.5C it's now making it feel chillier than the last couple of days.

Same here, very overcast with the odd drizzly shower. 

Posted

This regional used to be one of the most active on the forum - what happened? Oh well life goes on; it is a mild night currently 13C and damp the neighbourhood crazy cats are undergoing a exorcism by the sound of it. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This regional used to be one of the most active on the forum - what happened? Oh well life goes on; it is a mild night currently 13C and damp the neighbourhood crazy cats are undergoing a exorcism by the sound of it. :)

The mind numbing banal weather of recent times killed this thread, no snow, hardly any thunder, a couple of days of extreme heat, that sums up MBY for the past year. :pardon: What this thread needs is a big dollop of the white stuff. :D Weather tonight is the usual borefest, way too much cloud to see the aurora and mild too. :angry:

• Like 2

Posted

The mind numbing banal weather of recent times killed this thread, no snow, hardly any thunder, a couple of days of extreme heat, that sums up MBY for the past year. :pardon: What this thread needs is a big dollop of the white stuff. :D Weather tonight is the usual borefest, way too much cloud to see the aurora and mild too. :angry:

Before you strutted your way into netweather :p there was a hub of familiar faces most of which have closed shop a very nice lot. I miss Mr Pike on here with his musings for the week ahead always very helpful and a very much valued member of SE regional. Surely this winter will be better than the last two?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Before you strutted your way into netweather :p there was a hub of familiar faces most of which have closed shop a very nice lot. I miss Mr Pike on here with his musings for the week ahead always very helpful and a very much valued member of SE regional. Surely this winter will be better than the last two?

You can still catch his updates on the web :good: and I'm sure the other familiar faces are together somewhere not too far away, just a click on a keyboard away. :good: Next week is looking :cold: :cold: :cold: promising start to the season.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

This regional used to be one of the most active on the forum - what happened? Oh well life goes on; it is a mild night currently 13C and damp the neighbourhood crazy cats are undergoing a exorcism by the sound of it. :).

Hi Dan. Earlier this week I was thinking "what a lonely place this Regional thread can be".  :(  I posted on Monday evening, Tues morning and again in the evening and no-one else had posted throughout. I thought maybe my best friend should be telling me something. :laugh:

Anyway, lovely start here, just some high cirrus. Temp 6.3C at 06.30 and it's only crept up to 6.6C now. Local forecast suggests down to 3C tonight.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Dan. Earlier this week I was thinking "what a lonely place this Regional thread can be".  :(  I posted on Monday evening, Tues morning and again in the evening and no-one else had posted throughout. I thought maybe my best friend should be telling me something. :laugh:

Anyway, lovely start here, just some high cirrus. Temp 6.3C at 06.30 and it's only crept up to 6.6C now. Local forecast suggests down to 3C tonight.

Hi Malcolm. Yes, I agree sometimes I do not feel the incentive to post when it is so quiet. Hopefully once we're all buried in the white stuff the masses will come out. it was a chilly start to the day here into single figures..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Finally a fine and pleasant October day. Yesterday was dire with lead grey skies throughout.

• Like 1

Posted

Temperature dropping like a stone here this evening. Down to 6.6C at 21.45. Could well be a grass frost by morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it got down to 3.3C but I couldn't see any evidence of grass frost at 06.45 this morning. Anyway, more important, another glorious sunny start - should be another wonderful day. What a terrific autumn so far - will a stiff easterly take the shine off over the weekend?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Just under 5c last night.

Glorious start, long may this continue.

Perfect weather.
:) :)

• Like 1

Posted

Yep another chilly start to the day. A nice dew in woodland I saw a very picturesque spider web it seems to me to be feeling colder than what it actually is but I suppose it is getting 'acclimatised' following a warmish summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Mostly sunny for a good part of the day, though cloud has tended to push in from the east as the afternoon has gone on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Absolute beaut of a day here.

Ate lunch outside on lunch break & felt like early September. Amazing!

Heading into central London now for dinner & drinks with not a drop of rain in sight. Hallelujah!

I love the fact that the for the next 10 days at least according to the MOD thread it looks boring for Rain fans.. Which means it's my ideal weather type for early autumn.

Seasonal & dry!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice day here with some fair weather cumulus and at times some broken cirrus clouds. East wind started to feel a bit chilly in the afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

More cloud so far today. and the beginnings of that easterly.

Where was it when we needed it during the summer.

I notice that the week ahead with BBC confirms the nothing unusual for October temp and weather wise, maybe the tabloids should watch it.....

Posted

I did start off sunny, but the cloud has piled in from the east, a mix of thick mid-level stuff and some low level cloud, so it is a quite chilly outside now.

Posted

Very grey and gloomy here in east Suffolk, even a few spots of rain around lunchtime. As seaside hinted, the easterly tried to get going, but after a short spell of a gentle breeze it fell away again. Temp hovered around 14.5C this pm and compared with recent nights is holding up under the cloud - now 12.2C at 19.50.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Poured with rain here around midday (not really forecasted) with a fair amount od standing water on the roads, but dried out during the afternoon.  Cloudy all day, though, with only a few hints of sun.

Posted

Not a particularly cold night just gone (8C) and at the mo there's still far more cloud around than blue sky and only a very gentle breeze. Satellite image shows lots of blue sky over the near continent so hopefully that's coming our way. The vigorous Low that's been giving bad weather in the Med now moving off into the Ukraine.

post-20040-0-74084400-1444552427_thumb.j

Edit: 13.00 and it's clear blue sky and a gentle breeze. Lovely!

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Been to Farnborough to see Vulcan XH558 for the last time today. It was very emotional. Feeling chilly today.

• Like 3

Posted

A pretty nice day overall, the cloud shown in the satellite image seemed to be high level stuff which still allowed sunshine through, of course this clear to sunny skies this afternoon. That said it was chilly out there.

• Like 1