Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been away for a fortnight, what have I missed?

There have only been two post since you were away which says it all. :D   What you see today is what we have had, big high, easterly winds and no weather :D  Oh it was sunny last Sunday and we were out in T-Shirts...........that's about it. A weatherless autumn so far :nonono: Oh and some bird flew over here from Russia extra early and got everyone on net weather excited that it was a sign of a cold winter approaching, but the pigeon or whatever it was, may have just been reacting to the early cold blast that hit Russia a few days ago.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Good Morning, All.

Lauren you have not missed a thing, it has been like a bowl of dishwater.

I look out my window and it is the same crud, the sun is in a state of hibernation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Good Morning, All.

Lauren you have not missed a thing, it has been like a bowl of dishwater.

I look out my window and it is the same crud, the sun is in a state of hibernation.

Same here, at least it's dry today so far. The cloud did try to clear earlier though, a few small blue patches. They've gone for now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Miss the banter here, comes from trying to please the few not the many I guess.

Dull and damp prevails here, earlier I nipped to the local shop for stock cubes and that light drizzle soaked me in just five minutes.

Posted

Miss the banter here, comes from trying to please the few not the many I guess.

Dull and damp prevails here, earlier I nipped to the local shop for stock cubes and that light drizzle soaked me in just five minutes.

Yes, not a lot of this anymore the exodus proved to that.

post-19153-0-67914100-1445173304_thumb.j

Happy times will return to this thread one day it still is a nice place but somewhat a shell of its former self.

Maybe some snow will incite some morale? :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I think the moderators wanted this thread to be similar to the other regional threads - slow-paced, quite dry and straightforward in terms of only mentioning current meteorological conditions.

Another cloudy day here with some quite heavy rain at times after a wet day yesterday.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted

I blame the Taliban.

Slightly milder today, due to the breeze dropping.

This time next week, it will be dark.

Niiiiice.

• Like 1

Posted

Had some sunny spells for a bit earlier, it's cloudy again now, still dry, so a much better day overall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I think the moderators wanted this thread to be similar to the other regional threads - slow-paced, quite dry and straightforward in terms of only mentioning current meteorological conditions.

Another cloudy day here with some quite heavy rain at times after a wet day yesterday.

i think it was more actual users that wanted this tbh...but i think a lot have moved on and therefore I haven't an issue with this thread having a bit of banter it in now, after all weather should be fun as well. But would that include moans as well :cc_confused:

Anyway today has been cool, a bit damp and a typical Sunday. Well it would be but Hubs is ordering that we have 'pizza night'  instead of the usual roast because the NFL is on. Won't be long till the teams will be playing in the snow.

Posted

Is it safe to mention melons in here, :ninja:  mine have dried up and died. It's raining and dull 13.5c :ninja: There is snow in the charts for the 12th of November :yahoo:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well today was a little better, the sun came out at times. 

Not too much of this left though now before the westerlies return.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Well today was a little better, the sun came out at times. 

Not too much of this left though now before the westerlies return.

Rain from the east replaced by rain from the west - can't wait! :D:wallbash:

• Like 3

Posted

i think it was more actual users that wanted this tbh...but i think a lot have moved on and therefore I haven't an issue with this thread having a bit of banter it in now, after all weather should be fun as well. But would that include moans as well :cc_confused:

Anyway today has been cool, a bit damp and a typical Sunday. Well it would be but Hubs is ordering that we have 'pizza night'  instead of the usual roast because the NFL is on. Won't be long till the teams will be playing in the snow.

No it was 'external' users not of this regional who were whinging a great shame as there were never any predicaments, we all got on nicely, high asset members gone as a result of something so trivial. We used to have Kerry with his daily musings and aburzzi spur with his captivating, insightful posts. Always posts of interest and many others, some regionals are utterly boring rambling on about something out of your control weather non stop gets tedious. Yes it is a weather forum but we all have our lives and it's interesting to receive a flavour of that it is what makes a 'community', does it not? It is a shame a whole new forum was born out of incompetence to make sure the interest of the members come first. Rant over.... :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Well, it's that time of year when I start to look forward to the Snow Hunt!

I see Roger Smith has just posted his preliminary Winter Forecast elsewhere on this site (sorry I don't know how to post here). I'll grab that with both hands, a mild start and then a very cold and snowy end of January onwards. An easterly a la 87, 91 or Jan 10 will be more than acceptable!

From what I can recall, Roger is usually pretty good with his forecasts and not prone to hyberbole so fingers crossed he's on the money this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I was never involved in all the drama and I still don't really get what went on.

As a neutral view, I enjoyed the light banter that there used to be back in 2011/2012 in here and it mainly still stuck to weather. Then it did get a bit too much OT, often with pages and pages of often inside jokes and stuff that could have gone in the Lounge. It's unrealistic to expect a conversation to remain completely on topic all the time and a bit of banter makes people bond better and feel welcome, but too much can have the opposite effect I think, especially for more shy members. Basically, it's about balance.

It's a shame anyone had to leave over what is essentially a weather forum, it's not like it's a seriously huge part of life.

And yes, I realise my own hypocrisy in discussing this.

So to the weather....this gloomy, nothing happening has got to be the worst. I'd take pretty much anything over the nothingness.

Posted

Well the drizzle is back well and truly now, even had quite a heavy downpour just now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Happy Monday all!

These Monday's come round way too quick and this Month seems to be flying by, clocks change this weekend remember, depressing but sooner it does sooner Spring arrives again after some Winter snow of course :D..... Scotland should start the party very soon regarding snow.

The Perfect late Autumn and Winter weather for me would be a mild end to Autumn, some Snow over Christmas but not so much that it messes travel plans, just a teaser for some Decent Snow end of Jan when it's usually a boring time of the month after Christmas etc then end of Feb some nice sunny spells and early spring warmth....not too much to ask?

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

No it was 'external' users not of this regional who were whinging a great shame as there were never any predicaments, we all got on nicely, high asset members gone as a result of something so trivial. We used to have Kerry with his daily musings and aburzzi spur with his captivating, insightful posts. Always posts of interest and many others, some regionals are utterly boring rambling on about something out of your control weather non stop gets tedious. Yes it is a weather forum but we all have our lives and it's interesting to receive a flavour of that it is what makes a 'community', does it not? It is a shame a whole new forum was born out of incompetence to make sure the interest of the members come first. Rant over.... :nonono:

Although I would agree with this, I will have to say, foot in mouth, that it was very cliquey in this part of the forum for bit and if the face fitted and all that. I would post what weather I would be experiencing and often felt ignored because I wasn't that technical... and almost felt like I couldn't post here and I was almost pushed away.

However I'm glad I stayed as I do enjoy this forum, but often stick to the banter side as I'm sure just posting with my lack of ability would become quite boring too.

Same old cloudy and cool BTW.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

This morning was dire, but this has cleared from the north east this afternoon to give sunny spells and light winds which is certainly an improvement.

Posted

Although I would agree with this, I will have to say, foot in mouth, that it was very cliquey in this part of the forum for bit and if the face fitted and all that. I would post what weather I would be experiencing and often felt ignored because I wasn't that technical... and almost felt like I couldn't post here and I was almost pushed away.

However I'm glad I stayed as I do enjoy this forum, but often stick to the banter side as I'm sure just posting with my lack of ability would become quite boring too.

Same old cloudy and cool BTW.

I don't know whether there was a hierarchy in a sense you get that throughout the forum. Steve Murr could post a chart, saying 'Cold' and receive 10+ likes whilst the average joe is brushed off, truthfully. With knowledge you can get egotistical - perhaps some felt more entitled to others, which I do not endorse. Posting should never be a competition - when I started posting I did feel slightly intimidated I must be honest, it was unneeded in hindsight.

Do the Scots call days like this Dreich? :p

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted

I don't know whether there was a hierarchy in a sense you get that throughout the forum. Steve Murr could post a chart, saying 'Cold' and receive 10+ likes whilst the average joe is brushed off, truthfully. With knowledge you can get egotistical - perhaps some felt more entitled to others, which I do not endorse. Posting should never be a competition - when I started posting I did feel slightly intimidated I must be honest, it was unneeded in hindsight.

Do the Scots call days like this Dreich? :p

True, all some people need to do is mention snow in their posts (even if it isn't going to) :rofl: and the 'likes' come flooding in :D I doubt it will work for me, but let's give it a go. There is a chart 6 weeks away that shows SNOW for the SE thread members and nobody else. :clapping: :ninja:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 5

Posted

True, all some people need to do is mention snow in their posts (even if it isn't going to) :rofl: and the likes come flooding in :D I doubt it will work for me, but let's give it ago. There is a chart 6 weeks away that shows SNOW for the SE thread members and nobody else. :clapping: :ninja:

someone said snow. :yahoo:  :oops: .

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bored of this cloud now. But, SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  :cold:

Edited by Rain123
  • Like 2

Posted

True, all some people need to do is mention snow in their posts (even if it isn't going to) :rofl: and the 'likes' come flooding in :D I doubt it will work for me, but let's give it a go. There is a chart 6 weeks away that shows SNOW for the SE thread members and nobody else. :clapping: :ninja:

Snow whore. :air_kiss:

• Like 2