Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Temperature is now 3.5c here and still dropping, could this be the coldest night of the Autumn I wonder? Or is it expected to rise again? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Overall a nice day with hazy sunshine.

A mild and mixed week coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It was one of those days where it felt like the sun never fully rose properly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Lovely start to the working week, lovely and sunny with tomorrow looking much the same and temps a touch higher, rest of the week looking a little wet though but can't complain.

Looking like a mild start to November also?

If we can get halfway through November with decent mild weather then before we know it it'll be December 21st and the light starts to draw back out :p It's just a gut feeling but I do think we will see one significant snowfall this Winter and a few dustings at other times one of which Pre-Christmas during the week leading upto the big day and it'll be classed as a " If Only it was " event...keep the faith :D

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Very misty today, sometimes crossing into fog territory, normal weather for the area at this time of year from the south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

It was one of those days where it felt like the sun never fully rose properly.

Very much so, Lauren  fortunately, today is compensating us to a degree with sun and a few wispy cirrus here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

An absolutely lovely day weather wise, long spells of sunshine for most of the day.

November increasingly looking like starting on an exceptionally mild note, bordering on warm if the latest models are correct with heights over Europe with a long southerly draw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Very misty today, sometimes crossing into fog territory, normal weather for the area at this time of year from the south. 

Same here. It started off a lovely autumnal day with a blue sky and gentle breeze, then suddenly, late morning, very low cloud came rolling in. Within minutes it was dull, grey and the visibility had dropped considerably. It then remained dull and misty for the rest of the day with the temp held around 12C. I presume it was down to milder air arriving on the southerly wind and hitting the cold ground after a pretty cold night?

Posted

Wow Winter fans, brave call from the meto regarding signs of a Mild Winter and possibly very mild.

..pinch of salt :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It was 15C with blazing sunshine at midday. But, as others have said, the low cloud rolled in soon after...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Wow Winter fans, brave call from the meto regarding signs of a Mild Winter and possibly very mild.

Don't say that! Hubs won't buy me the jumper I want.

• Like 1

Posted

fergieweather, on 26 Oct 2015 - 18:24, said:

No. The latest Contingency Planning summary is N-D-J. That GloSea5 output is J-F-M. Note cautionary comment by seasonal team re increased SSW potential late season in today's update. In other words, the message remains consistent: coherent, cross-model support for notion of milder/wetter/poss stormier start to winter, but potential for colder flip later (this clearly v uncertain of course). But the notion of broadly +ve NAO conditions into winter at least initially has been strongly signalled by the key output (GloSea5, EC Seasonal, EuroSip) for a while now.

Posted

Don't say that! Hubs won't buy me the jumper I want.

Lol Dami... there will still be need for a jumper, I needed mine on this evening :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Same here. It started off a lovely autumnal day with a blue sky and gentle breeze, then suddenly, late morning, very low cloud came rolling in. Within minutes it was dull, grey and the visibility had dropped considerably. It then remained dull and misty for the rest of the day with the temp held around 12C. I presume it was down to milder air arriving on the southerly wind and hitting the cold ground after a pretty cold night?

I'd be interested to hear the reason as well. :)

Posted

Lovely afternoon after the clearance of the early morning mist. Mild in the Sun, looks to continue and also looking like another very mild Halloween, I totally got this wrong a couple weeks back, I was sure we was destined for a cold one, just shows how things can flip flop so quickly and also why we shouldn't take long range forecasts too seriously so far out.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Tomorrow looking very wet indeed but weekend looking very nice :) Shame it's getting darker earlier and earlier now though, have to put alight on already :p

From the 21st Dec is it 1 or 2 mins a night it starts drawing back out? I can never work that out, always seems to jump every third day..... this was a question my Nephew asked me and felt such an idiot not knowing lol

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Foggy start here, it did clear up late morning to leave some hazy sunshine. Mild again.

Posted

Unbelievably it reached 20c here today, this weather is strangely reminiscent to last year. I was in Hastings for the weekend extending till Monday and it's quite unusual to see people in their summer clothing, although I do feel it will be short-lived by mid November I expect the tide to turn and for it to turn much colder as HP settles and establishes to the northeast giving us a progressively chilly continental flow....

• Like 1

Posted

I think I remember the April 2004 event when we had heavy snow on a Sunday night and had to have a day off on the Monday then two weeks later was in shorts in about 19°c so let's hope Nov goes same way within a short space of time.....would be fun & might relax everyone out when it comes to seeking Winter snow

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

The rain is torrential so loud and intense it woke me up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Wow monster rain here!