Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Heavy shower just passed over Heathrow where I am currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Snowdrifts now up to the eaves and still coming down like mad...BOOM! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Today was nice with some cloud around. But, around 1440 the wind got up and a shower passed. That lasted around 30 mins and now it looks like it's going to rain again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well a bit more instability today, this reflected in the more sunshine and showers type day as opposed to the large areas of stratus seem yesterday. 

Still I am not liking this weather to be honest, a bit pointless to have days of 10-12C and nights of 4-6C resulting in a chill but nothing of real note.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I actually felt the chill this morning waiting for the teachers to finally let bubs in this morning. Then I got blown in the school's direction going to collect her, and almost missed a light shower.

typical breezy autumn day really, complete with wind blown leaves to the face.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The chilly airstream today and for the last couple would be a dream for snowlovers in a couple of months plus, here near the east coast.

I'm finding the weather this week somewhat tedious though. One good thing is that the lack of anything remotely stormy this Autumn until now and for at least the next week is that the Autumn leaves should soon look resplendent. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The first post on this thread today! Sums up how dire it is. Grey, chilly (10.8C) and spots of rain. :(  I'm driven to watching some tiny breaks in the cloud on the Satellite - will they give a glimpse of the sun later?

post-20040-0-83876500-1444912102_thumb.j

To cheer us up, could I ask lassie23 and stainsbloke to start one of their amusing discussions, maybe about the meaning of life? :laugh:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Why oh why oh why, can we net get stuck in a weather-pattern like this, in January! :cray:  :cray:  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The first post on this thread today! Sums up how dire it is. Grey, chilly (10.8C) and spots of rain. :(  I'm driven to watching some tiny breaks in the cloud on the Satellite - will they give a glimpse of the sun later?

attachicon.gifCloud cover Thu15Oct 12.30.jpg

To cheer us up, could I ask lassie23 and stainsbloke to start one of their amusing discussions, maybe about the meaning of life? :laugh:

I was meaning to ask Stainsbloke a less complex question than the meaning of life LOL. It was regarding his melons, I was wondering how big they were now and whether they were ready for picking and whether he prefers an easterly wind to that vile westerly that plagued Stains all summer :D This is pretty tedious weather at the moment, the atlantic is either going to explode into life soon, or stay quiet. I was hoping for snow in November for once, I don't think I have ever seen snow on Guy Fawkes Night. Joe B***** is at it again, tweeting about a brutal winter for Europe. :doh: 

• Like 2

Posted

This weather is more boring than a boring person taking to a lettuce who is taking to a potato who is talking to an onion  at a boring persons convention. Not a great lover of wind either, a little while back a wind storm meant we had no power over night and had to throw about a fridge full of food out. Also hate the low sun, chilly, but can't make it's mind up either way weather and oh look, it looks like it gonna rain for the school run.

It would be soooo nice to have a little snow at Christmas, bubs would love it but no, that isn't going to happen either. Thunderstorms? nah, I don't bother with them this time of year. In fact it hasn't been worth bothering at all this year with'em at all.

My new 'love' is cloudy, cool with drizzle and a nasty cold wind because I won't be disappointed and I can moan all summer long about it not happening and where is my drizzle? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This weather is more boring than a boring person taking to a lettuce who is taking to a potato who is talking to an onion  at a boring persons convention. Not a great lover of wind either, a little while back a wind storm meant we had no power over night and had to throw about a fridge full of food out. Also hate the low sun, chilly, but can't make it's mind up either way weather and oh look, it looks like it gonna rain for the school run.

It would be soooo nice to have a little snow at Christmas, bubs would love it but no, that isn't going to happen either. Thunderstorms? nah, I don't bother with them this time of year. In fact it hasn't been worth bothering at all this year with'em at all.

My new 'love' is cloudy, cool with drizzle and a nasty cold wind because I won't be disappointed and I can moan all summer long about it not happening and where is my drizzle? 

Ever since that winter of gales and more gales, we don't seem to get weather anymore :D well not in our back gardens anyway. :D Two storms this summer, I think, one ten minute snow fall last winter and one day of record breaking heat, that sums up the 2015 weather here, the rest of the time it was sunny, or sunny with patchy cloud, or just cloudy, or just drizzly. I don't want a winter like 1962/1963, even though I wasn't born, I remember it well :cc_confused::fool:  just some snow would be nice and starting on Christmas Eve night would be even better. :cold:

• Like 1

I actually think that having a pattern like this now leads to greater things.

You have to have boring weather to have more "interesting" weather. The weather above our heads is a bit like a chess game. The high pressure will move about and sway until something happens and the Atlantic or the east comes rolling in. It could even be the north or south who knows.

What I currently think will happen and this really is without looking at the models is this high pressure will sink south in the 1st week of Nov.. and allow the Atlantic to bring an onslaught to our shores.

Snow wise for this winter well mum and I disagree. I am going for a milder than average winter wetter and winder. I base this on the fact that there is a massive temp contrast out west with the very low SST which actually now look like it's not just the surface temps that are colder but in fact a large body of water much much deeper down in the Atlantic. 

Cold vs warm = storms with the jet sitting somewhere on this line I really feel some big big storms could come in 

She is going for cold and snowy.. Fair enough!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

Why oh why oh why, can we net get stuck in a weather-pattern like this, in January! :cray:  :cray:  :rofl:

Sods Law possibly?  :)

Posted

I suppose it's true to a degree, I would find 'hot' days boring if it wasn't for the risk of thunder or cold and wet in the winter bringing a bit of snow. I'm a funny old chicken, love snow but hate cold, frosty, clear weather, which pretty much sums up the morning here now. 

Posted

Everyone knows that, that is mother nature. 

But she does like to leave patterns  :D

No, I do not think so, you do not use up your tank of southerlies and then get piercing northerly winds. It doesn't work like that also this "it is better to have a mild autumn for an greater chance of a cold winter" -drivel IMO. :)

No, I do not think so, you do not use up your tank of southerlies and then get piercing northerly winds. It doesn't work like that also this "it is better to have a mild autumn for an greater chance of a cold winter" -drivel IMO. :)

Who said that happens? Your statement is very true.. My comment was more about when a greenland high comes along what happens next, when you have a block in the Atlantic.. What happens next. ETC

Posted

I could count how many Christmas days it has rained. RAINED. I mean what a waste. I can remember my father saying, it was a near miss. I think things are changing, for example, maybe 10 months after bubs was born i would take us out for a walk round the village, fresh air and all that and although it was late September and sunny, I thought that I would need a jumper on at least and found it too HOT without a coat on wearing a jumper.Having lived on the south east coast most of my life, I was quite surprised.

Of course mother nature doesn't listen to reason, and just because we say summer starts here winter starts there doesn't mean it will suddenly become really Hot or snowed in up to your eyeballs, but i agree with what Surrey says that not only will this winter be mild, but it's becoming a trend and if that is the case, my vision of a 'christmas card' christmas complete with snow falling will not just be a rare event but something we can tell our children 'it used to be this rare thing in the old old days'

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

I could count how many Christmas days it has rained. RAINED. I mean what a waste. I can remember my father saying, it was a near miss. I think things are changing, for example, maybe 10 months after bubs was born i would take us out for a walk round the village, fresh air and all that and although it was late September and sunny, I thought that I would need a jumper on at least and found it too HOT without a coat on wearing a jumper.Having lived on the south east coast most of my life, I was quite surprised.

Of course mother nature doesn't listen to reason, and just because we say summer starts here winter starts there doesn't mean it will suddenly become really Hot or snowed in up to your eyeballs, but i agree with what Surrey says that not only will this winter be mild, but it's becoming a trend and if that is the case, my vision of a 'christmas card' christmas complete with snow falling will not just be a rare event but something we can tell our children 'it used to happened in the old old days'

The seasons are certainly shifting 100%. Spring is later (usually) summer is later (proved this year) winter is later (cold don't really kick in till Feb March and gone) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I was meaning to ask Stainsbloke a less complex question than the meaning of life LOL. It was regarding his melons, I was wondering how big they were now and whether they were ready for picking and whether he prefers an easterly wind to that vile westerly that plagued Stains all summer :D This is pretty tedious weather at the moment, the atlantic is either going to explode into life soon, or stay quiet. I was hoping for snow in November for once, I don't think I have ever seen snow on Guy Fawkes Night. Joe B***** is at it again, tweeting about a brutal winter for Europe. :doh:

Do you have a link as I need cheering up, lol..

IN regards to Staines Melons, surely they would have well died/gone soggy by now in these temps..

• Like 1

Posted

I agree the seasons are more convoluted. I favour a cold winter outdoing the last 2 by a stretch, I disagree with Dami snow will not be a thing of the past we just go through these peaks and troughs in a sense.

Posted

I'm talking about early snow in December rather than snow in general, although while we seem to be getting milder, I don't think it means that it suddenly won't snow in maybe October one year, or January seeing temperatures in the high teens, for example. 

2010 was the first year I had fallen snow on the ground at Christmas in over 40 years, I just hope it doesn't wait another 40.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There were some heavy showers during the afternoon here, shame it isn't winter haha.