Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted

Some quite chilly nights recently this September isn't one to remember - I had a good viewing of the blood moon in the early hours it took a lot of determination to make it through the depth of the night but worth it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Weather been lovely the last couple of days, cold easterly wind though.

Chance of a snow flurry in the wind maybe, or am I three months too early? :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Today looks like being a lovely day, just a shame we couldn't have had a few more Sunny Sundays in Summer!

Next week not looking bad, feel sorry for anyone thats booked a late holiday in the Med, looks quite wet next week!

And two days later I think your post is still spot on KB. Wonderful weather that would have been epic in July! That Low in the Med is still swirling around near Italy and it looks horrendous with regard wind strength and rainfall accumulation. Heavy snow over the tops of the Italian Alps too.

Back on topic and after an overnight temp of 5.4C it looks set to be a day to enjoy being outside - if you can avoid the worst of any easterly breeze. So possibly not one for a deck chair on Southwold pier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Chance of a snow flurry in the wind maybe, or am I three months too early? :crazy:

lol may be in few months, my mistake we'll be back to westerly gales by then no doubt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another fine day with just a few clumps of cloud drifting over from time to time, otherwise the last few days have been fine, sunny and pleasant with winds remaining light up here. Probably a good thing that the high settled a little further south than it was intended to when it was modelled a week ago. The fine weather looks set until next Monday, even the weekend is looking fine though more cloud is forecast by then.

Posted

Yesterday turned out subtly different here. There was high cirrus on and off giving hazy sunshine and this stopped the cumulus bubbling up like previous days. I was out on a job down in a sheltered river valley so was unable to get a max temp, but it sure felt warm. Looking at the forecast, I guess we should savour these next few days.

Way off topic, but as it's quiet I thought you might like to see the photo of a dragon fly I took.

post-20040-0-00309700-1443596247_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Yesterday turned out subtly different here. There was high cirrus on and off giving hazy sunshine and this stopped the cumulus bubbling up like previous days. I was out on a job down in a sheltered river valley so was unable to get a max temp, but it sure felt warm. Looking at the forecast, I guess we should savour these next few days.

Way off topic, but as it's quiet I thought you might like to see the photo of a dragon fly I took.

attachicon.gif20150929_124921_resized.jpg

Lovely photo!  I've been trying to identify the species, but haven't been able to do so as yet.

• Like 1

Posted

I saw a Dragon Fly the other day, quite rare for a London garden, well my one at least, haven't seen one for a couple of years. When is this high going to die? Nice weather and all, but we could do with some weather action.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely wonderful weather these last 5 days or so. Such a shame a decent high like this couldn't have occurred in summer proper. Am enjoying the sunshine and the wind isn't too annoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine, moderate east wind and 17C. It's warmer than much of June was!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There was a brief spell around midday where some cumulus bubbled up, but otherwise a fine and sunny day. Though it is a little breezier today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I saw a Dragon Fly the other day, quite rare for a London garden, well my one at least, haven't seen one for a couple of years. When is this high going to die? Nice weather and all, but we could do with some weather action.

I sent it over form the western heights lol. Lovely day today, nice and sunny and that wind has died down a bit.

• Like 1

Posted

What a beauty, very professional Malc :good:

Lovely day in London you would seriously mistake it for spring with it being the last day of September.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Lack of high cloud today, hence more cumulus due to the stronger sun. The cumulus has all gone now to leave a cloudless evening. I have a question.

Last night I looked out (at around 2200) of my window and saw it to be cloudy with what appeared to be some sort of cumulus/altocumulus filling the skies.

I have also seen it another night around the same time, when the day before has been pretty much cloudless. It has all disappeared by the morning though. 

Why does it come at night when convection is low, rather than the daytime? 

Posted

Chrisbell, Lassie23 and Daniel - thank you for your comments; glad you enjoyed the photo. I was amazed it sat there whilst I waved my camera around just a few inches away. Maybe this time of year they're a bit dopey, like wasps? I too tried to find the species and I think it was a female Common Hawker.

Back to the weather and I'm surprised to read some locations have not been pestered by a gusty wind today. It's been quite uncomfortable at times here. But it added to the autumnal 'feel' to see the leaves starting to flutter off the trees, and with plenty of sunshine and 17C it was still enjoyable.  

Posted

I sent it over form the western heights lol. Lovely day today, nice and sunny and that wind has died down a bit.

Nice insects those Dragons , I'm afraid I don't have anything nice to send back to you from London, it's full of big spiders, mosquitos and flies here, do you like rats? Got plenty in my garden :D That wind is a bit nippy even though it is still 14c out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Have to say I am absolutely loving this weather.

Sunny days and cool nights at the end of September - long may it continue!

Beats the pi**ing rain and grey miserable days. We have 6 months of that starting next month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Nice day once again here, but also once again lots of cumulus around by lunchtime. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely week, fresh in eves and first thing.

It can stay like this for another month, having said that everything in pots is drying out rapidly after a day as the wind drys everything so quickly.

Good for drying washing as well...

Have to say I have noticed some trees, esp Silver Birches their leaves really turning fast this year in their colours.

Its a sign I tell you... :D :D

• Like 1

Posted

I can't believe the model thread is saying this weather needs to end!

WTF!

Long may it continue and the breakdown after the weekend gets pushed back further.. 

When ever do we get such a long dry period this time of year!

Agree Surrey!

We are one of, if not the wettest places in Europe during winter and they are wanting this glorious weather to change for what.... Mild windy soaking Atlantic crap.

One wonders if the regulars in the MOD thread actually have a social life, Being able to enjoy my lunch breaks and meet with friends in clear blue sky weather is absolute heaven. I will never get my head around how any human living in the UK would wish away dry sunny weather.

The weather always balances itself out and it will be pi**ing down with gales before we know it...

Posted

Agree Surrey!

We are one of, if not the wettest places in Europe during winter and they are wanting this glorious weather to change for what.... Mild windy soaking Atlantic crap.

One wonders if the regulars in the MOD thread actually have a social life, Being able to enjoy my lunch breaks and meet with friends in clear blue sky weather is absolute heaven. I will never get my head around how any human living in the UK would wish away dry sunny weather.

The weather always balances itself out and it will be pi**ing down with gales before we know it...

i think  on there they looking  for the signs  of our first cold  snap!!!

Posted

i think  on there they looking  for the signs  of our first cold  snap!!!

The last 2 winters we couldn't manage a decent cold snap in January of February let alone October.

If this current weather with upper teen temperatures was at the end of November I could understand ones frustration, but certainly not 1st October when quite frankly if it isn't this glorious weather it's rain rain and more rain. What's the point!

There is no justification wishing away this amazing weather on 1st October for a cold spell that would produce nothing of interest unless you live on Ben Nevis.

I just don't get it!

• Like 1