Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted

over Central London the sun has been fighting the clouds, up to now the clouds have won, with only the occasional glimpses of sun and blue sky, from my window onto the world outside my office at least.

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Beatufil sunset here, well it was until I realised I was looking at a street lamp! Too many beers ...  :closedeyes:

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Seems from other posts that a lot of us went through a cloudy spell today, which was disappointing. It started with blue skies but then the cumulus built up. I'm happy to say that later this afternoon the clouds melted away again here. It's a clear night now and the temp has dropped to 7.9C at 21.15. I think I might be heading for a grass frost overnight. Wonderful autumnal weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Anyone looking forward to winter? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Yes i am and im also looking forward to moving back up to the Peak District and 250m asl.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely start to the day and wow even here next to the sea, we bottomed out at just under 5c, impressive for the end of Sept, in fact colder at night than most of some winter months lol...

I do wonder if this summers lower min temps will carry on through the autumn or winter,  properly not, knowing this country nights will be warmer in the autumn than they were for many during the summer lol..

Posted

Today looking like a repeat of yesterday. Clear blue sky, then cloud bubbles up, then it melts away. My max/min thermometer recorded an overnight low of exactly 3C, but I was up far too late to know if there was a grass frost.

Best I take a coat to the pub tonight, for my walk home after watching Wales beat England at Twickers.  :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is out here again, a fine few days ahead.

Posted

Inst this just the best weather, cool nights fresh mornings warm afternoons and lots of sun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Warm day with only a few clouds in the sky. You'd be forgiven for thinking it was one of those first days of Spring when you can feel Summer approaching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lovely start to the day and wow even here next to the sea, we bottomed out at just under 5c, impressive for the end of Sept, in fact colder at night than most of some winter months lol...

I do wonder if this summers lower min temps will carry on through the autumn or winter,  properly not, knowing this country nights will be warmer in the autumn than they were for many during the summer lol..

The sea gulls are already moving away from here, hasn't happened until november the last few years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Today looking like a repeat of yesterday. Clear blue sky, then cloud bubbles up, then it melts away. My max/min thermometer recorded an overnight low of exactly 3C, but I was up far too late to know if there was a grass frost.

Best I take a coat to the pub tonight, for my walk home after watching Wales beat England at Twickers.  :wink:

I think there was a slight frost this morning, as I was up early to attend an event.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yes i am and im also looking forward to moving back up to the Peak District and 250m asl.....

You'll get plenty of snow up there...........lucky.

The sea gulls are already moving away from here, hasn't happened until november the last few years.

What does that mean? Storms approaching earlier than last year?

I think there was a slight frost this morning, as I was up early to attend an event.

Got down to 6c in the London suburbs, so you probably weren't far off from a frost last night.

Posted

You'll get plenty of snow up there...........lucky.

What does that mean? Storms approaching earlier than last year?

Got down to 6c in the London suburbs, so you probably weren't far off from a frost last night.

No Idea, guess we'll find out lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

No Idea, guess we'll find out lol.

Did some research and it seems that they have been moving much further inland for some time now because there are more cars and washing to crap on. Lunar eclipse early hours of Monday morning, will we have clear skies? :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Today looks like being a lovely day, just a shame we couldn't have had a few more Sunny Sundays in Summer!

Next week not looking bad, feel sorry for anyone thats booked a late holiday in the Med, looks quite wet next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Nice start here with some cumulus around. I'm going flying in my mates light aircraft today, so what a beautiful day for it!  :D

Posted

Oh well a week of easterlies which will feel quite fresh early and late.

Hope we get the sunny side up ones.

Posted

Did some research and it seems that they have been moving much further inland for some time now because there are more cars and washing to crap on. Lunar eclipse early hours of Monday morning, will we have clear skies? :unknw:

I know but these ones go south. Watched them the last two years, they've started early this time. Don't know what for or where too. 

Posted

Well today has been lovely, but unfortunately the Cessna flight was cancelled as the window catch (tut) broke.

Posted

Well today has been lovely, but unfortunately the Cessna flight was cancelled as the window catch (tut) broke.

Shame. That would have been fantastic in this weather with good visibility. Although the plane might have 'moved around' a bit if the breeze with you is anything like as stiff as it has been here at times today. 

• Like 1

Posted

There's not a lot to be said with the current weather. Just small differences on some days regarding the amount of cloud and breeze. It's another wonderful start here with clear skies and calm. Overnight low down to 5.5C.

The coming week looking great and after a cloudy Weds the Look East forecast has it improving for Thurs & Fri with no cloud and temps up to 18C. Lovely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Another lovely autum day, I'd be happy if we dropped a degree every couple of weeks between now and Xmas so I'm hoping the high pressure stays around.

• Like 1

Posted

Shame. That would have been fantastic in this weather with good visibility. Although the plane might have 'moved around' a bit if the breeze with you is anything like as stiff as it has been here at times today. 

Yes, the flight has been moved to next Saturday, so am praying for good weather. 

Today got off to a very foggy start, but that cleared by 10 to leave a beautiful day, with just a tiny bit of cumulus around.

• Like 1