Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Been to Farnborough to see Vulcan XH558 for the last time today. It was very emotional. Feeling chilly today.

Living near the Wattisham Air Base I've been lucky enough to see that aircraft every year for the last several years as (for whatever reason) it does a fly-pass (or two) of the base before going on to an airshow. Truely a magnificent plane and will be sorely missed by many I suspect.

Well the air temp took a real turn for the chilly this pm. The wind has dropped out now and the temp is down to 7.3C at 20.00. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Had a barbecue yesterday and it was warm enough for everyone to be in T-Shirts, we even got dive bombed by wasps :shok: The easterly is a bit colder today and the nights are getting colder still. You know what will happen though, as soon as we hit November, the Atlantic will start firing low pressure systems at us and the easterlies will be no more.............shame, no chance of snow here with crappy Atlantic crap and once the Atlantic fires up, it could take weeks for it to go out :( Sunny again today :D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Pretty cloudy this morning, but it's all cleared up by 1400 now to leave a clear afternoon and evening. Very chilly  :cold: .

Posted

Sure is chilly unusually nippy some showers are coming in off the North Sea I imagine these would have been wintry 4-8 weeks down the line when it is overcast & nippy windchill it's not pleasant at all.

Posted

Clear sky to start the day, but the forecast is suggesting a good scattering of showers later. Got down to 5.7C last night.

The easterly hasn't been as troublesome as some forecasts have been suggesting lately - but maybe over the next few days the NE'ly will be more noticeable for eastern counties, particularly Kent. This morning's NMM mean wind chart for 11.00 this morning:

post-20040-0-65029600-1444719677_thumb.p

Morning gang..

So the nice weather continues.. Looking out the office window wow what a day so far!

In all my 21 years on Earth (only really remembering about 16 years) I have never ever known a dry spell this long at this time of year.. 

If it continues and we get a dry winter and dry spring followed by a hot summer PROBLEMS!! but that is long term weather

In the short term much of the same right up to the end of this month... 

Although the high pressure will waver east and west with the north easterly/easterly element only really a problem this week and weekend into next 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice and clear out now, but did have a shower at around 8:00 this morning. Wind is chilly though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well I have to say its feeling very much like autumn/winter now, pretty chilly in this wind.

Its when you want this weather pattern in the summer or January/Feb, but no it comes in October.

Nice up north but going to be pretty crap for next week down here.

Better I suppose that howling wet south westerlies, which I hate.

Oh and Surrey don't panic about dryness, I am sure we will get pay back come November.

Its not that unusual for this time of year to be dry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all a sunny start but feeling chilly with that NE'ly which is a shame because some good sunny weather currently.

The funny season will soon be underway, what's the betting we lose the NE'ly all winter and get the Atlantic Express instead bringing us milder winter temps, wind and plenty of rain :p...the curse at present of the " if only it was Jan "

I said last week about this Halloween will be totally different from last year temperature wise ( was very balmy ), still looks like heading that way imo quite chilly indeed.

Can someone help me with my memory...last October did we not have almost 4 days of constant fog?

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Am I the only one experiencing a pretty strong gale this morning?Maybe its localised.

Been going for over an hour, wind really howling and raining.

Gales yes rain no, but I can see where it is. In the north sea, it may blow this way soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Gales yes rain no, but I can see where it is. In the north sea, it may blow this way soon.

Yeah it looks very dark as I look out towards the Thames Estuary

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's snowing here :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: -2c, wind chill -15, snow drifting in the wind, -20 uppers in coming :shok: up to a foot expected come midnight. ;)

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

If we had this type of weather set up say middle of January , [sausage type high over Scandinavia and Russia]  I think we would be seeing quite a bit of the white stuff down here in Kent by the end of the week..

I can only dream it comes to fruit further down the line..

11c  and grey here but feeling a lot colder in the wind..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I wasn't sure if it rained this morning or was a heavy dew, was expecting dry weather. Perhaps it rained.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a great day to be honest, dry apart from the rain that fell on the way to work. Chilly, breezy and fairly cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Not a great day to be honest, dry apart from the rain that fell on the way to work. Chilly, breezy and fairly cloudy.

Much the same here, Matt, and little sign of a change in the near future.

Posted

captain  dont  know  if  you know  ipswih  well and  A14  just out side  ipswich at needum markert  their are  large pits not far from were i work the geese are arr early this year

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

captain  dont  know  if  you know  ipswih  well and  A14  just out side  ipswich at needum markert  their are  large pits not far from were i work the geese are arr early this year

I am not too familiar with Ipswich, but the arrival of geese is more related to conditions elsewhere rather than predicting our coming winter. It is currently cold/very cold over Eastern Europe/Western Russia, hence the early migration of some species of birds.

It looks like it was dry overnight here.

Posted

24 hours after yesterday's forecast of showers it's still dry here. 6C overnight. This morning's forecast suggesting showers will be "more widespread" today and looking at the radar there's certainly some sharp ones moving down the N. Sea. How far inland will they get?

I remember working in Felixstowe about 10 years back with an identical set-up in mid-winter. I had to make a hasty retreat as constant snow showers were threatening to cut off the peninsular with drifting in a strong NE'ly. Got a few miles from home (10 miles west of Ipswich) and there was nothing!

post-20040-0-49934000-1444803920_thumb.j

Edit: 10.00 Just caught the edge of a heavy shower that passed thru.

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny weather regardless of the season, thunder storms, frost, snow

Lovely cool and bright autumn morning today in London.