Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If I look up from my laptop, all I can see is the fence at the end of my garden and then white. If I din't know it was fog, I'd think there was a think blanket of snow on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Wow - the fog is amazingly thick here, I can hardly see my garden shed! It hasn't cleared since yesterday morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Just had to get up Boxhill today to experience this fog! The kids loved it and as the sun started to break through it looked absolutely beautiful and warmed up too! As we came back down to go home it was still foggy and dull here. We got out science books out and talked about how fog forms - I'll make weathergeeks out of then yet, haha!x

post-15830-0-10264100-1446483697_thumb.j

post-15830-0-85452300-1446483829_thumb.j

post-15830-0-86188000-1446483927_thumb.j

• Like 7

Posted

The Fog is descending rather quickly I cannot see any of One Canada Square, Canary Wharf - from my location these pilots have to be careful with landing. I'll give it a hour until we're back to the 'norm' quite unusual really but exhilarating oddly. London City airport has experienced a lot of disruption today.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Just a slight mist here.

• Like 1

Posted

evening  all interesting drive  home  in  the  fog, just had a look into fantasy world  mid  november is looking  interesting  for  us  at the  momemt!!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

evening  all interesting drive  home  in  the  fog, just had a look into fantasy world  mid  november is looking  interesting  for  us  at the  momemt!!!

Had a look too, but as long as nobody mentions SNOW, then nobody will be disappointed if it doesn't SNOW, so let's be sensible and not mention SNOW although those charts do look SNOWY :oops: just mentioned SNOW again  :doh:

• Like 3

Posted

Had a look too, but as long as nobody mentions SNOW, then nobody will be disappointed if it doesn't SNOW, so let's be sensible and not mention SNOW although those charts do look SNOWY :oops: just mentioned SNOW again  :doh:

Snow whore. :-)

• Like 2

Posted

Snow whore. :-)

dont  let the daily  express know  the  end  of the world  coming!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The fog returned around 7-ish.

Not buying the colder conditions mid-month at the moment. It's called the extended range for a reason. That said I wouldn't want the conditions forecast from this weekend to last too long (Wet and mild).

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The last time my pyracanthra had berries this red was in Nov 2010 :-) ...it couldn't could it?

Been foggy most the day here, now just a mist so hoping travel will be ok tomorrow morning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the fog lasted a few hours before lifting again. It is simply cloudy this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I've been lucky enough to be back in Wales walking the Pembrokeshire coastal path during the last few days record breaking November temps there. Ironically, having taken warm clothing I was too hot! I should pay more attention to the forecasts :doh: . If anyone wants cheering up from the current gloom, here's Tenby harbour looking wonderful.

post-20040-0-54223000-1446538342_thumb.j

Well yesterday afternoon was beautiful here in Hadleigh with clear sunny skies, but at 16.30 the fog rolled in big time and became very dense by 17.00. It's all gone this morning, so now it's onwards into wet and windy!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

There's an unwritten rule in healthcare that you never mention the Q word - quiet, because if you do it will get super busy, Therefore I subscribe to your theory that if you don't mention the S word, it might happen because I've heard reverse psychology works with weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Lovely sunny start up here...

Slight mist in the distance towards the Thames Estuary, glimpses of some blue sky above.

Mid Month looking interesting with potential for some sleety showers even down the Eastern side for some lucky ones, problem is this looks like happening a little later than I first thought back in October when I thought this would be here by the end of Oct and I got it horribly wrong :) , hopefully the delay is for the better and we benefit greater. Would happily take a sleety shower for November but in this game still too far out to get overly excited.

Not much snow in Finland at present but it is an area I'll be watching closely as a guide, Northern area of Finland look to start taking a temperature dip tomorrow so will keep an eye on developments, no real reason but I always take note for a personal guide.

We are in a very funny stage, people can see the potential but don't want to over hype and be labelled as a ramper for the whole of winter when it arrives :D

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie