Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Well I hope the people that wanted to get rid of the euro benign high are happy.

Jesus what a totally foul afternoon and evening.

:closedeyes: :closedeyes: :cc_confused:

Exactly my thoughts and why I was cringing when reading posts (mostly mod thread) last week wanting the benign weather gone.

I mean snow and cold was out of the question so clearly they was wishing for the very mild Atlantic wet weather. Each to their own I suppose! Even if it doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone know what might cause rain to not show up on the radars? Its raining here but when I looked on radar there was nothing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Happens a lot in light rain it seems.

I have often seen that happen.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The weather models are all over the shop as usual, they have now dumped the mid November cold spell and SNOW for Atlantic onions. :vava::cray: :cray: SNOW chance of SNOW now this month :80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well it rained right through last night in the evening, people still did their fireworks though. Dry at the moment but everything looks like it's only just stopped raining.

Posted

The weather models are all over the shop as usual, they have now dumped the mid November cold spell and SNOW for Atlantic onions. :vava::cray: :cray: SNOW chance of SNOW now this month :80:

lol I never get my hopes up unless the models are showing snow about three days out, and even then there is absolutely no guarantee. It's the hardest type of weather to forecast. Not just in this country but everywhere. Even in the states they have been known to get snow forecasts completely wrong. 

Posted

Here we go again.

Yet another day of pouring rain and to think that some members actually wanted the benign Autumninal weather replaced with this.

Ridiculously mild out there.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

As it's very boring to say,  yet again yesterday it chucked it down on the school run and they were late letting out.

This morning, also on the school run, it starts to rain again, and they were late actually opening the main school gates today. Impeccable timekeeping for the weather and the school.

I shall thank the School was letting me know that todays weather in Bedford was rain.

Posted

Hello everyone I'm back again hope everyone's had a good year glad to be back.

• Like 1

Posted

Here we go again.

Yet another day of pouring rain and to think that some members actually wanted the benign Autumninal weather replaced with this.

Ridiculously mild out there.

I think this type of weather is more boring than the benign weather, as you can't do anything. I'm an outdoor type person.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well it rained right through last night in the evening, people still did their fireworks though. Dry at the moment but everything looks like it's only just stopped raining.

Hardly any fireworks here or rain, last night.

lol I never get my hopes up unless the models are showing snow about three days out, and even then there is absolutely no guarantee. It's the hardest type of weather to forecast. Not just in this country but everywhere. Even in the states they have been known to get snow forecasts completely wrong. 

You are right, I remember last winter when a 'mega blizzard' was supposed to hit the NE of America and their news channels had non stop coverage of the  approaching huge event, which ended up dropping only 3 inches of snow and that was it. :oops:

I think this type of weather is more boring than the benign weather, as you can't do anything. I'm an outdoor type person.

I was out earlier and although it is damp, I didn't need a coat because of how warm it is. I still have my fan on at night and with no sunshine here, it is still  pushing17c. It actually feels humid, it was nearly 15c at dawn :shok:  what the hell is going on? It's November and we are getting June temperatures :cc_confused: We are all doomed. I'm off to have an ice cream. ;)

• Like 1

Posted

Agree agree agree.

This must be the worst weather going.

If its going to be 15/17c in Nov great but can it be sunny as well, even just a couple of hours.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm seeing a 45% storm risk for tonight is that correct  :cc_confused:  :cc_confused:

Not sure, but wouldn't surprise me with how mild it is, in summer you would almost call this plume weather, and the wind has been coming from the south, south west for quite a while now. If this was july it would be roasting with storms for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rinse and repeat, wet and mild, it has dried out now, though with a lot of fast moving low cloud and an ominous red tinge to the sky.

Posted

Couldn't agree more! This is by far the worst Autumn/winter weather imo.

Wet every day - Rain moving up from the South Atlantic daily and balmy temperatures to go with it.

New York and the NE of America may be experiencing similar weather - 22c today infact but at least it's dry!

And what do they care, they have proper seasons and their snow I'm sure is just around the corner. Buckets of it.

I'll look forward to my 1 sleety shower in February.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Rinse and repeat, wet and mild, it has dried out now, though with a lot of fast moving low cloud and an ominous red tinge to the sky.

I thought it was supposed to rain all day today! It has only been on and off drizzle. Lots of low cloud about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

I see a squall line on radar over Bristol right now, I am starting a display in teh garden at around 7pm and it's going to take me at least 45 minutes to let everything off. I hope it fizzles out before it arrives here  :bomb:

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted

Everything stays wet outside, wooden doors hardly fit anymore, cars steam up all the time unless on long journey.

Its as bad as  cold north easterly producing constant drizzle.

Its to warm to have heating on not that I have had central heating on, but a log stove, on for an hour and its open all windows and revert to swim wear.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Currently over the last 24hrs we have had a lot of my least favorite weather. Mild drizzle and low cloud. Yuk.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Drove home from work at 17.00 and the car temperature read.....17C!!! Crazy!! Strolled down the High Street for a couple of pints and walked into the local and the Landlord had....... lit the bl**dy woodburner!!! Crazy!! Might sleep in the fridge tonight! Sensible!! :p

Posted

Horrid weather my least favoured type as well. I'm happy i stuck to my guns with regards to a much colder second half to November, although this is not set by no means it's becoming increasingly apparent a +ve height rise to Greenland will lead to a cooling trend this has a growing support - exciting times a early start to winter would be fantastic wouldn't it? Especially in the run up to Christmas 'GH' are known for their resilience.

post-19153-0-93733500-1446847518_thumb.p

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It will only get colder if we can banish the heights over Europe. Greenland highs are not the be all or end all for developing colder than average conditions. It is worth remembering that the hottest day this year occurred with well above average heights over Greenland.

gfsnh-2015070112-0-6.png

You need the southern arm of the jet to have decent potency to drive into Europe, at this present time the jet seems to still be pretty weak and as such many runs have continued to show either cyclonic or anticyclonic south westerlies, most cold shots show on the model runs have come from the high collapsing eastwards as opposed to keeping the high over Greenland/Canada.

Anyway lets hope for a change, any change as frankly day after day of cloudy damp weather is starting to get annoying, even if it saves on the heating bills.

Posted

I thought it was supposed to rain all day today! It has only been on and off drizzle. Lots of low cloud about.

It has rained all day today here. :(