Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Much nicer here today - decent sunny spells so far (including, appropriately enough, for the 2 minutes' silence at 11) and plenty of blue sky.  Clouds mostly cirroform.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A pretty decent day here, good sunny spells until mid-afternoon when more mid-level stuff arrived.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

I know we go on winter has not started yet but we are near that tipping point, when we can get wintriness to even low levels time is of the essence you take what you get.

post-19153-0-68123800-1447259664_thumb.p

Regarding Storm Abigail she looks blustery with a westerly gale isobars the more slack the further south you are thus the lighter the wind speeds - the extreme northern Norfolk coastline: top gusts ranging between 50-60 mph.

Nice to see some more fluidity in the weather, expect those trees to go naked. :D

Posted

A pretty decent day here, good sunny spells until mid-afternoon when more mid-level stuff arrived.

Much the same here, Matt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful start here with clear skies, 8.5C and quite misty over the surrounding fields. Not a breath of wind. Wish I wasn't heading off for work or I'd go for a walk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all not a bad start here finally see some blue sky. Tomorrow looks half decent also and perhaps feeling more seasonable under clear sky, just a shame when we get to the weekend it looks like Saturday wants to throw heavy rain our way!!!

Posted

Poss convection area for Southern areas ?? 

TORRO TORNADO WATCH 2015/006 AND CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION 2015/015 issued http://torro.org.uk/forecast.php  #ukweather #ukstorms

Valid from/until: 10:35 – 03:00GMT on Thursday 12th/Friday 13th November 2015

"CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION 

S England 

THREATS 

Tornadoes; wind gusts over 60mph; CG lightning; Conditional risk of marginally severe hail if supercells develop ahead of the cold front. "

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

TORRO TORNADO WATCH 2015/006 AND CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION 2015/015 issued http://torro.org.uk/forecast.php  #ukweather #ukstorms

"CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION 

S England 

THREATS 

Tornadoes; wind gusts over 60mph; CG lightning; Conditional risk of marginally severe hail if supercells develop ahead of the cold front. "

That'll be nice.

Posted

TORRO TORNADO WATCH 2015/006 AND CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION 2015/015 issued http://torro.org.uk/forecast.php #ukweather #ukstorms

"CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION

S England

THREATS

Hi Biggin,

post-19153-0-50394300-1447334612_thumb.gpost-19153-0-47556800-1447334639_thumb.g

I'd say it is probable not the supercells! I expect to see a nasty squall line as we have the current very mild TM airmass displaced by a cold PM airmass - quite the contrast, out in states it happens big style..

Tomorrow will feel chilly with brisk westerly wind - you can see -3C uppers over our region. :cold:

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi Biggin,

attachicon.gifimage.gifattachicon.gifimage.gif

I'd say it is probable not the supercells! I expect to see a nasty squall line as we have the current very mild TM airmass displaced by a cold PM airmass - quite the contrast, out in states it happens big style..

Tomorrow will feel chilly with brisk westerly wind - you can see -3C uppers over our region. :cold:

Yep Daniel I agree the supercells is a bit hard to believe although they say "ahead of the cold front" hence the timing of the warning and I "think" I saw something elsewhere on here bout stuff moving up from France. As ever we prepare to be disappointed eh ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another fairly decent day, sunny until early afternoon when some cloud rolled in.

Posted

Another fairly decent day, sunny until early afternoon when some cloud rolled in.

Almost a repeat of yesterday, in fact.  Good to read over on the MOD thread that, after the Sunday to Tuesday period, we should see the back of the cloudy, mild south-westerly feed for a while at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

SUPERCELLS?!?!?!?!?! WHERE??? Light rain at the mo.

Posted

SUPERCELLS?!?!?!?!?! WHERE??? Light rain at the mo.

Seems unlikely, but cold air associated with a switch from Tropical Maritime to Polar Maritime air could cause lifting I suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Cloudscape had brilliant visual impact today; driving out to Camber for a home visit and the cloud was lighter but back towards Hastings huge dark line of cloud rising high in the sky, and what looked like torrential rain on the horizon, not too windy yet though. Desperate for some cold temps to kick in so I can get the wood burner going, maybe next week...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

wind got up no end here now. I'be missed the Bedford Breeze.

Posted

Something noticed this morning when popping my head into mod thread. This is no ordinary winter coming up in my opinion. Having watched for numerous years even before joining I think this could just could be a belter. The most important thing at moment is the vortex still seems to be on a holiday....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Wow the first time for days and days and days, a clear sky to start the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Something noticed this morning when popping my head into mod thread. This is no ordinary winter coming up in my opinion. Having watched for numerous years even before joining I think this could just could be a belter. The most important thing at moment is the vortex still seems to be on a holiday....

My thoughts too. Despite various drivers (wQBO, El Nino, etc) pointing towards mild, it's interesting that current developments (trop PV behaviour, Siberian high pressure, etc) suggest a more interesting winter coming up! And hopefully a SSW in January will give a memorable snowy spell of weather for late Jan/early Feb. We can but dream! :)

Back to today - it's another beautiful start. Blue sky, sunshine, gentle breeze and 9.5C. Unfortunately the radar shows what's on the way for later this morning:

post-20040-0-96268000-1447401115_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Wow the first time for days and days and days, a clear sky to start the day.

Yes indeed, hello mr blue sky, long time no see! Please stay for the entire day, along with you best friend Mr yellow sun!

• Like 1

Posted

My thoughts too. Despite various drivers (wQBO, El Nino, etc) pointing towards mild, it's interesting that current developments (trop PV behaviour, Siberian high pressure, etc) suggest a more interesting winter coming up! And hopefully a SSW in January will give a memorable snowy spell of weather for late Jan/early Feb. We can but dream! :)

Back to today - it's another beautiful start. Blue sky, sunshine, gentle breeze and 9.5C. Unfortunately the radar shows what's on the way for later this morning:

attachicon.gifRainfall 07.15 Fri13th.jpg

Just for fun

post-13593-0-20160200-1447402118_thumb.g

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lovely sunny start, and nice and crisp, finally feels like november, I wonder for how long though.