Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted

There seems to be a torrential shower just off the Islands that the tip of cornwall faces ~ I'd imagine (though not entirely accurately) that that's where the Sferics are coming from

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hey all. Im in cirencester ready to hit the road here. Havent seen parametwrs as good as this for a long while, but these events always have some suprises, negative for some, positive for others! good luck all, and I hope to be meeting up with you all later under a stacked plate meso! :) samos

• Like 1

Posted

here they come - eyes on the sw off cornwall

I genuinely think you are looking wrong direction if you are looking to the stuff off Cornwall

I don't think thats where the decent storms will materialise from - those will pop up out of the blue later this evening and further east 

IMO

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

There seems to be a torrential shower just off the Islands that the tip of cornwall faces ~ I'd imagine (though not entirely accurately) that that's where the Sferics are coming from

They're known as the Isles of Scilly :D

Edited by Joe Levy
  • Like 1

Posted

I genuinely think you are looking wrong direction if you are looking to the stuff off Cornwall

I don't think thats where the decent storms will materialise from - those will pop up out of the blue later this evening and further east 

IMO

am in S. E. Wales so would imagine that's where ours maybe coming from

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

-. --- - .... .. -. --.

thought that was a bit of screen corruption until I realised what it was

Posted

They're known as the Isles of Scilly :D

How Silly of me.. Now I kow.. I was going to call it ST Mary's airport .. :p

Oh well.. here we go, ~ the sparks are threatening to invade us ! :) Get up your digital weapons and start shooting some film!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's not going to happen... and to make sure I have a special word for you all >>>>> HUMDINGER 

• Like 3

Posted

It's not going to happen... and to make sure I have a special word for you all >>>>> HUMDINGER 

thought that was a bit of screen corruption until I realised what it was

Sorry Gordon, my amateur radio operator anorak just got deployed  :D

• Like 1

Posted

^^ lol

my prediction for tonight - "thundery" mess of showers hitting the west coast and then heading up into spine of country

some tasty imports from France later -but most "Kent" clippers - I'm not convinced I'll see much except from a distance here in Essex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I think that can only be a positive sign sferics are showing up roughly in a line from NW France towards S Ireland. Look how fast cells become electrified. Shows destabilization is beginning to occur along the frontal boundary as it moves into the warmer, humid air mass. Hopefully means plenty of time to form storms before they reach the UK.

Here's hoping!  :good: squeaky bum time it's all a case of watching the radars and skies. 

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Don't like the look of those latest runs, go just to the west of me

Here's to hoping something still kicks it off here though, it's still very warm and humid here so fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

PROPER stormy skies. Got a few pre-event photos but they're on the SLR. Last time we had skies like this they had an AMAZING storm in brighton and then london - which wasn't where I was!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Feel the need to enter into the lions den of Brontophiles but likely to make this Brontophobe very unpopular, anyway here goes!

I've read some comments re. the GFS charts and their take on how tonights situation is likely to develop, in respect of any

thundery ppn.

Having looked at the 06z ppn charts and latterly the 12z charts, the Channel Islands were forecast to already be experiencing some

thundery activity (at work and not able to poat any charts), a glance at the current radar returns shows this is far from the case

The GFS 12z at 21z has the Channel alive with what looks to be thundery ppn, at that time,we shall see, not long to wait now!

I know full well this situation could change very quickly, in such a dynamic, "loaded gun" scenario but I would respectfully

suggest that the GFS "take" on tonights events, is a little off track already.

Probably just wishful thinking that my journey back to the Kent/London border, after 9, may be a little less fraught than I

orginally thought.

There, Ive probably jinxed things from my own perspective and fellow members, who are also of a nervous disposition, when it comes to storms.

Anyway, whatever camp you're in I hope you have an enjoyable evening and to my fellow Brontophobes, a not too stressful one.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Well I suppose I can't bank on rain tonight in Bucks so I bet go water the neighbours plants in a while. 

Come on mother nature, show us whatcha got! 

Posted

NetWx-SR New run

Well that's not so good for me - had kind of hoped anything would form south of me and move overhead...back to possibly being a breeding ground again.

More AcCas in the sky again over London including some developing jellyfish...evening jellyfish are usually good precursors to overnight storms (numerous occasions they have been spot on signalmen)post-3790-0-40140000-1435946166_thumb.jp

• Like 1