Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Electric activity really starting to get going now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

These cells further north must be forming ahead of the main event as a little bonus?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Another pic from the South of me.

post-12319-0-84826900-1435957907_thumb.j

Posted

Area of developing storms between Weymouth-Guernsey is growing with each 5 min radar screen, looks like it will run up across Dorset-Somerset-Bristol so potentially excellent viewing from my part of Wiltshire towards the West. However I expect it to grow further and expand, possibly producing a lot more lightning by midnight than the precipitation area might suggest too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Extremely breezy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Cell I was on has moved on north towards Liverpool and seen a flash from it. Convinced I saw something Welshpool way a second ago. Sticking here but with one eye on stuff developing north of Hereford. Any advice welcome and checking here regulate and out for a few hours yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

That's near me I think. I'm near Tring by a lake apparently but all I can see is a hedge and a pile of dung

Awesome well send me a PM if your interested! Its in luton and has some stunning views! ive watched several good storms there in the past :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

These cells further north must be forming ahead of the main event as a little bonus?

I believe those are forming along the warm front. Cold front currently across roughly Devon. Plume of warm unstable airmass in-between with showers developing within this and along the cold front as it moves in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Watching the cell developing south of Runcorn, very dark from here. Landing lights visible of an aircraft at 6,500ft over liverpool thats heading into Manchester. Brave guy under there. Must be a choppy ride with that instability!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

thought I saw a flash before, but nothing since, rain is due here in Wirral.. but I dont think there will be much in the way of thunder.

Posted

Just began raining here, sky is looking pretty dark to my south/south west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Trying not to but losing hope here in London absolutely nothing to report, not even a shower!

Although the wind does appear to have picked up slightly and the temperature has started to drop noticeably - not much in the way of cloud formation though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

My main worry for us in the SW quarter is that the cold front is perhaps pushing in too quickly for us?

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Towers starting to go up south of me in Crawley.

Just been out to check and yes there is a line of strong convection right above my house. Very promising for those just north of me!

• Like 1

Posted

Picking up nicely for those West of me. :)

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-07-03-22-04-31.png

Yes, needle stuff as it is an incredibly narrow line of showers over the channel - we might just catch this one - about time really as Purbecks usually nab them from us!

I wonder if Meto may have over egged this one as I normally expect to see things brewing up over Brittany long before it hits our shores. It we do get a rash of activity it will be a very interesting  scenario and one to keep a note of. As I write we have just had a couple of rumbles to our southwest and first spots of rain.

Posted

Just starting to rain here now

Posted

Cell I was on has moved on north towards Liverpool and seen a flash from it. Convinced I saw something Welshpool way a second ago. Sticking here but with one eye on stuff developing north of Hereford. Any advice welcome and checking here regulate and out for a few hours yet.

Its starting to liven up in west wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

it's possibly the warm front the leading edge of the moist air bearing in mind that most of the activity will be in Northern england by 2am and 3am whilst clearing in the south possibly

Edited by Gordon Webb